Containers, never disinfected, along the streets, thieves on

Motorbikes to steal your jewelry and purses, scamming jet ski

Operators, thug ladyboys, drug dealers on most sois, Welcome

To Pattaya/Jomtien. Very Luxurious!!!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to add what a few others have already said. Thailand is my home and we like it here. Sure, some things are better back home, but many things are better here.

What upsets me is how easy it is to solve some of these problems. A few small changes would make a huge difference.

Yes Craig but the elite have no interest in changing the status quo. They are happy with the things as they are now.

Their BS is just smoke and mirrors, especially from that TAT ...... who is a typical example of a stupid so called elite nitwit.

I agree there are perhaps not many millionaires walking around but from some posts it sounds like its only alcoholic brick layers with dirty Singha singlets who are here. Of course there are people from the upper middle class and above who enjoy coming here as well. Especially if you venture beyond the sleazy parts.

"racy nightlife"?... Bars forced to close at 12pm, no alcohol if it's a birthday or Buddha day, police storming bars to check that tourists have passports on them, being forced to pee in a cup in the street, bars/clubs with the most disgusting toilets, hussled by skanks "where you come from handsome man", ladyboys mugging tourists, bouncers killing tourists...... pretty racy stuff... High end tourists will love it

I once rolled in from 8 months in Sandland & COULD NOT WAIT to get sleezy.

I grabbed 20,000 baht from an ATM and blew it in an afternoon....ON PURPOSE.

Had me a good old time!

Miami has cleaner beaches, but they don't have soapies nor Lolita's nor Nana nor Cowboy.

Yup done the same myself, in a variety of countries! But that doesn't attract high-end family tourism

If they would just learn to pick up the garbage it would go a long ways. This doesn't cost much to do. After that they could begin to tackle the problem of sewage. If they just got these two things under control many people would begin to appreciate the beauty of the country once again.

Take some of the teenagers getting into trouble and put them on detail cleaning the country rather than jail for minor offenses. Put some sort of skimmer devices on navy vessels and start to remove the rubbish heaps floating around in the gulf. It would take about a month of a concerted effort to do this and the results would be noticeable. Fast forward to a year later after doing this and the results would be amazing. The first results would be immediate in local areas with a gradual over all improvement beginning day after day over time.

Also start putting up educational signs shaming people that litter. Depict people that litter as pigs and harmful to the nation.

Edited by anotheruser

I just wanted to add what a few others have already said. Thailand is my home and we like it here. Sure, some things are better back home, but many things are better here.

What upsets me is how easy it is to solve some of these problems. A few small changes would make a huge difference.

Yes Craig but the elite have no interest in changing the status quo. They are happy with the things as they are now.

Their BS is just smoke and mirrors, especially from that TAT ...... who is a typical example of a stupid so called elite nitwit.

An interesting thread. So much passion about Thailand. So much frustration.

Restoring the environment should be priority #1.

As noted...it is not rocket science. Beach cleanup and sewage treatment is easy.

But corruption, the siphoning from common good to private wealth, and estimated to be 20 to 40% of spending, eliminates those necessary investments.

Regarding beaches. In the US, New Jersey has a less than stellar reputation, but even the South Jersey beaches and ocean water are cleaner and safer than at Thai resort areas.

For Thailand, Luxury visitors, no. Solid middle class, well within reach.

Edited by phoenixdoglover

"racy nightlife"?... Bars forced to close at 12pm, no alcohol if it's a birthday or Buddha day, police storming bars to check that tourists have passports on them, being forced to pee in a cup in the street, bars/clubs with the most disgusting toilets, hussled by skanks "where you come from handsome man", ladyboys mugging tourists, bouncers killing tourists...... pretty racy stuff... High end tourists will love it

I once rolled in from 8 months in Sandland & COULD NOT WAIT to get sleezy.

I grabbed 20,000 baht from an ATM and blew it in an afternoon....ON PURPOSE.

Had me a good old time!

Miami has cleaner beaches, but they don't have soapies nor Lolita's nor Nana nor Cowboy.

Yes, there was a time. biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Edited by overherebc