Seems most of the Bangkok jobs are filled...

Because English is classified as a second language in South Africa people from that country have to do an IELTS test to get any job or attend university in the UK or the USA. It is interesting how so few score above band 7 in the IELTS test. I do not know about their 'talented activeness' but do know it is an unnatural construction which along with a boastful, competitive attitude would lead to them failing an interview. But the Chinese kindergarden business will take anybody I guess as it is primarily a cleaning and caring role not pedagogical.

Actually not entirely true. English is the first language for a third of the white population with Afrikaans being the first language for the other two thirds. Afrikaaners and English speakers often do not see eye to eye and have creative slang terms to describe each other. A poster on here with the nickname Soutpeel could probably elaborate on that :-)

It's classified as a second language by English Educational Authorities. Which is why when applying for jobs, residence visas or academic courses in the UK they must do THE IELTS test. SA English like Indian English is not mainstream regarding grammar, lexis and pronunciation. Both Indians and South Africans need to do IELTS tests for the above mentioned reasons.

It's classified as a second language by English Educational Authorities. Which is why when applying for jobs, residence visas or academic courses in the UK they must do THE IELTS test. SA English like Indian English is not mainstream regarding grammar, lexis and pronunciation. Both Indians and South Africans need to do IELTS tests for the above mentioned reasons.

An IELTS test is not required for South Africans who have English as a first language and have it listed as a first language on their school leaving certificates. I studied part of my degree in the UK, went through the visa process and my Senior Certificate lists English as a First Language. That satisfied VFS and the UK Embassy and my visa was approved.

In fact, an IELTS test is often required by international students wishing to study at South African universities in which English is the main language of instruction.

An IELTS test is not required for South Africans who have English as a first language and have it listed as a first language on their school leaving certificates. I studied part of my degree in the UK, went through the visa process and my Senior Certificate lists English as a First Language. That satisfied VFS and the UK Embassy and my visa was approved.

In fact, an IELTS test is often required by international students wishing to study at South African universities in which English is the main language of instruction.

Maybe you got through before the current rules-or one of your SA qualifications is equal to an IELTS band.

Archived