Cutting Concrete

chiangrai

I've noticed that I don't have a filter.

What kind of filter could I put in withut loosing pressure.

I don't want to go put it inside the tank because that is the most difficult to clean.

You can go with one of these.

They come in different sizes, If I were you I would go at least 1 1/2" so you would have to expand your pipe size for the connection, but a bigger filter will give less resistance. Also you would have to attach it at the highest point at the start of the line, so you can make the most of gravity after the interruption of the filter. This will do nothing to make your water clear or drinkable. it will just keep particles out. which is a good idea because you don't want stuff clogging up your heater.

I can't guarantee that you will still have your shower click on at the same elevation. But I do use a 2" filter like this on my irrigation set up and it is an all gravity system. And I get a huge amount of water through mine. But we don't know how close you are to the threshold of the shower not working.

PS: Perhaps it would be better to filter the tank supply and keep it covered.

Edited by canuckamuck

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since pressure / flow is at a premium it may be better to filter the water on its way in to the tank, with village water pressure behind it you could use a much finer polyester unit than the 'rocks' filter linked to by canuckamuck.

I agree with you Crossy, but just to defend the "rocks filter" as you called it. It is actually a fine polyester mesh unit that keeps particles from plugging up drip tape.

Yeah I know mate, we have one to keep the bigger lumps out of our irrigation tank (water pumped from the khlong). Probably the only option if it's installed on the outlet of our OP's tank.

They also do a disc filter version which filters finer but needs cleaning out more often.

We have a simple polyester filter on our incoming village water, I've always called it a 'crunchy bits' filter, so anything that has larger holes has to be a rocks filter :)

On the way into the tank sounds good but I don't have much pressure there either

So a filter for half inch pipe that doesn"t mess with water pressure

Any idea what I would search for on eBay or pictures of what I would find in HomePro.

Agree with the above any filter in the system will reduce water flow.

"Crossy's" idea of having the filter on the inlet pipe from the village supply would not restrict the flow from tank to shower.

If your village supply pressure is enough to reach into the top of your 20ft tank I would think it should be able to handle a filter. It would not matter if the village pressure is reduced even down to a trickle, the water tank is refilling all the time.

My village water occasionally gets dirty but this muck will settle in the bottom of the tank and we always get clean water.

I have a second outlet with tap on the tank that is a bit lower than the outlet that supplies the house and this I open occasionally to let the water gush out taking any built up muck in the bottom the tank with it.

smile.png