Four tourists hurt in knife fight with robbers on Patong Beach

snoop1130

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No robbery attempt?

I am sure we are getting less than half the story here.

People don't often get attacked with a knife at 4.30 am for no reason.

Russians and Aussies, most likely alcohol played a part in this.

The amateur Sherlock Holmes are again out in force speculating about something they know nothing about.........so tiresome.

Aussies and Russians! must be alcohol related, I mean other nationalities don't drink do they...case solved........next.......

No robbery attempt?

More like drugs on the part of the Thai youths such as meth etc played a real part in this. The place is rotten with illicit drugs. Another bad memory for the visitors.

You can't tell roomuck this!.....According to him foreigners come to thailand not to holiday or play around.They come to stir trouble with locals!

i mean.....how dare they swim at an island resort at 4.30am and not expect trouble.

A couple of weeks ago a Russian was attacked in walking street. The TV thaibashers all jumped on the bandwagon. We later found out it was because the Russian spat on the Thai. I don't know what all the keyboard warriors would do if someone spat in their face. Probably nothing.

I like how the thaibashers have now assumed they were Thais who got into a fight with these tourists. It doesn't say anywhere that they were Thai in the article. But let's just blame them anyway.

Edited by Roomuck

how it is possible roomuck can post his rubbish comments for so long time????

Because I usually get it right. Iaf you think young Aussies on holiday at 4.30 am hadn't been drinking, well you are naive. And as I said in my first post, we only got half the story, it was an attempted robbery. So yet again I was correct.

Sorry I don't toe the anti Thai, Chinese, Muslim, Russian, Pakistani line of most posters here.

I also have an "excellent" rating on my profile. Check it out.

Edited by Roomuck

Both are recovering well from their injuries ............. nothing like spending a little hospital time while on a holiday of a lifetime courtesy of the native thugs. They need bigger hospitals to equal the hotels before long. Patong is overflowing with thugs.

As is Pattaya. But not to fear, Bangkok will strive to catch up and surpass.

Perhaps unwise to play in the water at 04:30 !

This type of incident can and does occur anywhere in the world.

Elsewhere, perhaps, but not 'anywhere'. For example, there are no reports of tourists being attacked while swimming at 4.30 am in Antarctica. The penguins there are really quite friendly.

If you go swimming in Antarctica at 4:30 a.m. you stand to lose a lot more than your wallet.....gigglem.gif

If I were a ne'er-do-well looking for some easy pickings, that pile of clothes on the beach where those tourists are swimming at 04:30 would be a pretty attractive target.

Better than even odds to make off with at least one wallet, some beer money, and probably 2 smartphones before they could even get to shore.

Blame the victims?

I think that the STUNNING example set by the justice system employees , the POLICE and the ARMY are wonderfull starting points to be able to look at as a driver in youthood.

You now have seen by your peers that murder and extortionists can walk freely among their victims.

The fine example of reform of corruption : example -- the swift arrest of 2 scapegoats on Koh Tao and the continuing murder and suicide solving by police can only make us feel proud of the new crackdowns on crime.

Not to mention that rich lttle bratts can go front page and still get away with murder.

Sounds like they may have been about to go through their clothes that were left on the sand, looking for phones, wallet etc, and when confronted, produced a knife.

Nah, no way, these poor little Thai kids were scared to death seeing these huge hairy things coming out of the water toward them--had to defend themselves against these monsters.

If a post is mistaken as Thai hatred it is not, corruption is the driver of crime, corruption is world wide on an ever horrific increasing scale.

The news media is owned by the very people that drive the train full of weapons, explosives, theft and extortion to all corners of the earth.

Sadly that is the truth.

I do love all the thai haters responses !!

Backpackers are probably attacked weekly in OZ..

Are you for real? Obviously your statement was based on facts? "backpackers are PROBABLY attacked weekly in OZ". From what dark nether region did you pull that piece of wisdom? Does this wisdom close down when you sit? Where in the OP did they say the Russians were backpackers? I lived in OZ for over 50 years prior to coming here and have never heard any thing to base your "fact" on. Even if backpackers were rarely attacked then you can bet the courts would be a hell of a lot more severe in sentencing than these bags of crap will get. Also it is nothing to do with "Thai haters". This is about pieces of sh%$# and absolutely nothing about Thai people in general. I guess you are just trying to be involved in the forum but think about what you post.

No robbery attempt?

More like drugs on the part of the Thai youths such as meth etc played a real part in this. The place is rotten with illicit drugs. Another bad memory for the visitors.

Another nail in Thailand's coffin as a tourist destination.

No robbery attempt?

Yes you're correct, people don't often get attacked with a knife for no reason. Most people don't make baseless comments either because they read the whole article. If you had taken the time to go to the article and read it you would have read this "Mr Lukin and Ms Obodova confronted the gang when they spotted the three teens rumaging through their belongings, which they had left on the sand while they took a dip in the sea"

No robbery attempt?

Yes you're correct, people don't often get attacked with a knife for no reason. Most people don't make baseless comments either because they read the whole article. If you had taken the time to go to the article and read it you would have read this "Mr Lukin and Ms Obodova confronted the gang when they spotted the three teens rumaging through their belongings, which they had left on the sand while they took a dip in the sea"
Alwyn, Don't feed this troll, hopefully he'll go away. Edited by lemonjelly

No robbery attempt?

You can't tell roomuck this!.....According to him foreigners come to thailand not to holiday or play around.They come to stir trouble with locals!

i mean.....how dare they swim at an island resort at 4.30am and not expect trouble.

A couple of weeks ago a Russian was attacked in walking street. The TV thaibashers all jumped on the bandwagon. We later found out it was because the Russian spat on the Thai. I don't know what all the keyboard warriors would do if someone spat in their face. Probably nothing.

I like how the thaibashers have now assumed they were Thais who got into a fight with these tourists. It doesn't say anywhere that they were Thai in the article. But let's just blame them anyway.

Well being spat on was the Thais excuse, the Russian claimed that he declined politely in his own language. Who do you believe? Personally I doubt the Thai version as it smacks

of xenophobia..."the bad faring did a bad thing to an innocent Thai and needed to be brutalised"...kinda thinking.

Staying neutral but with an open mind and reasonable doubt...far too many assaults on tourists on walking street over the years, bad ones too, not a slap here and there.

It would be nice if there was some sort of police patrol on the beach during the wee hours................ Amazing how brash these punks are, instead of running away when they are spotted, they choose to stay and fight with a deadly weapon. I wonder how much ya baa these POS's were on?

After dark all police presence drys up ( I must admit even during broad daylight its rare to see a cop except shopping, in the bank or gold shop). Its the same here in Chiang Mai. The police roll up the rug at dusk and the testosterone fueled teens on their rice rockets take over control of the roads. Then its hours of motorbike mayhem till the wee hours of the morning. It often amazes me that when I go out in the morning that I do not find at least one body wrapped around a light standard.

In any beach I know around the world...to just walk on at 4:30 AM ... is a call for trouble.

Why...?

Because many bad people roaming about looking for drunks to rob & pillage ...

Walking, even at 04:30 is probably not so bad. Shucking clothes off into an unattended pile while swimming more than a few meters away is probably not safe anywhere- any time.

The disturbing thing about this story -and the cautionary tale- is that "back home" opportunistic teens would have cut their losses and scooted when confronted by the couple. I can't count the number of times I've come upon petty thieves back home and about all I ever saw was their skinny butts and the soles of their shoes as they ran off.

Has to be some pretty brazen bastards to pull knives and stand their ground during a petty theft. As if they knew they could get away with it... That's probably not something a tourist would expect.