Hillside 4 Studio Size

GeorgeV

I was wondering if anyone that resides in a 45m2 studio in Hillside 4 could provide the exact dimensions of the spaces.

I live way out of town and looking at fully renovating with new kitchen new bathroom etc one or two of these studios.

I am working on a design but need the exact dimensions.

Can anyone help ?

OK I had better expurgate for those not conversant with exact dimensions ..... it sort of means length x width of the unit internally (excluding balcony) and length x width of the internal dimensions of the bathroom ..... thanks

Doesn't look like you are going to get an answer here. You might want to try the agent you are buying them from.

Or maybe they have an office that could supply you with the information. Would not hold my breath on that but worth a try.

I think the 45 sq. meters includes the balcony.

^45 sqm ? ..Thats huge and big enough for one permanent resident at least .Lived in similar for several years ,although now with wife and family i live in a 3 bedroom house .

How is 45 sqm huge? It's a box not a home.

Depends what you have to get used to .My small one separate bedroom of 36 sqm with kitchen ,shower /toilet and small balcony ,was in a complex with large lagoon pool ,gym ,and walking distance to the beach .Its was very livable .Although i much prefer the extra room of a 3 bed house currently ,i do miss being close to the beach and having a pool on tap .

^45 sqm ? ..Thats huge and big enough for one permanent resident at least .Lived in similar for several years ,although now with wife and family i live in a 3 bedroom house .

All I know is that I lived in a 35 m2 flat in Europe for a couple of months while my place was being renovated and I honestly thought I would go insane. It was like a prison cell to me.

All I know is that I lived in a 35 m2 flat in Europe for a couple of months while my place was being renovated and I honestly thought I would go insane. It was like a prison cell to me.

You need to spend a few months homeless sleeping on a cardboard box then ,to realize how fortunate you are .

You need to spend a few months homeless sleeping on a cardboard box then ,to realize how fortunate you are .

Only if you're slightly bonkers. Most of us can appreciate how fortunate we are without resorting to homelessness to kickstart that process. My place is a fair amount bigger than that... and it's still too small for me and there's only me to consider in that. I am more fortunate than the 45sqm home dweller and less fortunate than the 5000sqm home dweller. Not difficult to appreciate either of those things.

It doesn't appear anyone currently living in one of these cookie cutter studio's is going to break out a tape measure and provide an answer. I lived in one many years ago, I seem to recall it being a little more than twice as long as it was wide. Four by ten meters would be a fair approximations. I don't know if the 45 square meters includes the balcony.

Only if you're slightly bonkers. Most of us can appreciate how fortunate we are without resorting to homelessness to kickstart that process. My place is a fair amount bigger than that... and it's still too small for me and there's only me to consider in that. I am more fortunate than the 45sqm home dweller and less fortunate than the 5000sqm home dweller. Not difficult to appreciate either of those things.

Ignore the nay Sayers. If you are going to live in some place the most important part is the location. Many people live very comfortable in 45 sq. meter studios. Part of the problem for many people is they are down deep afraid of people and only feel safe with lots of room around them. I once read a post by a guy who said what if you meet some one in the hall. Obviously a fear of people. Some one for a nice house on a good size lot. Nothing wrong with that. I fail to see why they need to denigrate some one who does not need what they need.

Could be they need outside looks to make up for their insecurities. (flame away)

You are apparently going to have to measure one for yourself. 45 sq. meters is basically a rectangle shape with a bathroom that would have to be measured in. Also it might include the balcony.

Ignore the nay Sayers. If you are going to live in some place the most important part is the location. Many people live very comfortable in 45 sq. meter studios. Part of the problem for many people is they are down deep afraid of people and only feel safe with lots of room around them. I once read a post by a guy who said what if you meet some one in the hall. Obviously a fear of people. Some one for a nice house on a good size lot. Nothing wrong with that. I fail to see why they need to denigrate some one who does not need what they need.

Could be they need outside looks to make up for their insecurities. (flame away)

You are apparently going to have to measure one for yourself. 45 sq. meters is basically a rectangle shape with a bathroom that would have to be measured in. Also it might include the balcony.

When in doubt always accuse others of "insecurities" a term so vague as to have no meaning. I like people. I even like sharing a house with someone who wants to spend time naked with me. I just like space in my home too. This is because I'm a human being rather than a rabbit. Rabbits live happily in boxes because they have no possessions, no money and not an awful lot of needs beyond carrots and water. People live in boxes when they are in roughly the same position as the rabbit and it's rarely a matter of choice but rather one of means.

They are different sizes due to the columns, so unless you already own the unit, pointless to try to design something to fit. Doors and bathrooms alternate sides as well.

Used to live in one there....45 sqm. Then moved and now in 86sqm. Will move soon again to the new digs, 730 sqm.....biggrin.png

Exactly what I was thinking.

I don't live in Hillside 4, but another big, older building nearby and I'm amazed at how the units here seem to be a little different, even the ones of the same size. We're in one on the NW corner and when I go into other units, of the same size, on other floors on the NW corner, they're all laid out differently, often with the bathrooms of a different size and even the windows seems to be a different size. And the kitchens can be just about anywhere. Ours is in an area that many similar units use for a bedroom. Units are remodeled from time-to-time and when a building gets to be as old as Hillside 4, you can't count on "identical" units being identical anymore.

Best to plan a refurb on site. Things such as aspect, outlets etc can change your optimal layout. See also what other people have achieved with theirs, often have clever ideas.

With a studio personally think best to compact and minimise kitchen, try and get a counter and stools to avoid dining table. Get a sofa in so not confined to sitting on the bed.

Wow more noise when remodeling Old Condos have so much noise due to Remodeling

When in doubt always accuse others of "insecurities" a term so vague as to have no meaning. I like people. I even like sharing a house with someone who wants to spend time naked with me. I just like space in my home too. This is because I'm a human being rather than a rabbit. Rabbits live happily in boxes because they have no possessions, no money and not an awful lot of needs beyond carrots and water. People live in boxes when they are in roughly the same position as the rabbit and it's rarely a matter of choice but rather one of means.

LMAO

Comparing a 45 sq. meter to a rabbit warren.thumbsup.gif

To each their own for my self the location is far more important.

Best to plan a refurb on site. Things such as aspect, outlets etc can change your optimal layout. See also what other people have achieved with theirs, often have clever ideas.

With a studio personally think best to compact and minimise kitchen, try and get a counter and stools to avoid dining table. Get a sofa in so not confined to sitting on the bed.

I made a full kitchen but combined the work desk and bed into a loft design. It worked well. Was a very cozy and comfy little pad.

http://www.houzz.com/projects/users/originalsource

I thought the loft design a great solution to increased floor space. I have sent you a PM.

Cheers

Agreed..... that revamp is the best use of a small space I've seen thus far.

Maybe my gf should have kept her hs4 condo after all.

HS4 is an older complex but with the revamped gym and swimming pool it's still a nice spot.

HS4 is an older complex but with the revamped gym and swimming pool it's still a nice spot.

And it's a great location. You can walk to everything you need in life. And if you can't walk to something, you can figure out a creative way to avoid using a motorcycle or personal car. For example, when it's time for your annual visa extension, you simply make arrangements with OS Thai Visa, office on one of the Nimman sois, and they'll give you a ride out to the Imm. office!

It's a good location for "living green".

And it's a great location. You can walk to everything you need in life. And if you can't walk to something, you can figure out a creative way to avoid using a motorcycle or personal car. For example, when it's time for your annual visa extension, you simply make arrangements with OS Thai Visa, office on one of the Nimman sois, and they'll give you a ride out to the Imm. office!

Downtown Farong land.

You're a fine one to talk, NJ! You live in an even more touristy area!

But seriously, the malls, shops and neighborhoods around Hillside 4 are full of Thai people. I don't see it as "farong" land at all. Do all Thai people have automobiles and live out in the 'burbs or villages?

It is not just that there are variations in posts, layout and size, there also variations in how true to square they are or more importantly are not. This is a common problem and significant if you are planning any kind of cabinet to fit into a corner for example.

Downtown Farong land.

were and what is this FARONG land is it a new place,be interesting to know.

I refer to the area around KSG and the Maya. I have been told that the Thais are more and more in the Nimmanhemin area. But generally speaking it is the areas where they can walk to the malls along the road to the Zoo. Also a lot of nice restaurants both Thai and Western close by.

As Nancy says there is a lot of Thais living in them but there are a lot more Thais living in Chiang Mai. Yes I live in a tourist area. That is why it does not have malls I can walk to unless I feel 20 years younger.

I figure I could walk to the nearest one in about two hours with a few breaks on the way then see a movie so I could rest up.

I refer to the area around KSG and the Maya. I have been told that the Thais are more and more in the Nimmanhemin area. But generally speaking it is the areas where they can walk to the malls along the road to the Zoo. Also a lot of nice restaurants both Thai and Western close by.

As Nancy says there is a lot of Thais living in them but there are a lot more Thais living in Chiang Mai. Yes I live in a tourist area. That is why it does not have malls I can walk to unless I feel 20 years younger.

I figure I could walk to the nearest one in about two hours with a few breaks on the way then see a movie so I could rest up.

you really do need to understand what chiang mai is about and get out a bit more, Instead of being stuck in front of a computer as long as you are, Chiang mai is a thai town,With a influx of,Chinese and a number of FARANGS,not many but a few to make them interesting.??

• 10 months later...
On 4/3/2016 at 3:30 PM, VIBE said:

I made a full kitchen but combined the work desk and bed into a loft design. It worked well. Was a very cozy and comfy little pad.

http://www.houzz.com/projects/users/originalsource

Hi VIBE,

That is.. incredible and probably the best! Which contractor in CM did you use for the project? Many of the furnishings seem to be imported, or where did you get them from?

Thanks