Filipino Con Artist On Sukumvit

Spaniel

Come on tropo, no need to run away and cry....

Come out and play, little fella......

Another troll has emerged from the woodwork. Don't worry troll, I'm not running anywhere.

When you off to get these pics Tropo?

I am serious about my invite to Poipet for a beer Tropo, you asked me about my qualifications, o I am more than happy to give you a tour, might put your mind at ease.

Or are you too busy on Sukhumvit asking tourists where they got their shoes ??

ok, Tropo, just seen your post, I termed it racism and I'm sure you can see the dfference between discussing a couple of Filipinos on Suk road and prejudging an entire nation now.

I never missed your points at all, but a debate becomes very uninteresting if opposing points of view are not offered.

You might have noticed that although I've been taking the side of the offended party here, at no point have I disparaged Thais in anyway.

Libya must be a very disagreable character to have had such bad experiences in the Philippines. Either that, or he's a troll extraordinaire and has never been to the Philippines.

ok, Tropo, just seen your post, I termed it racism and I'm sure you can see the dfference between discussing a couple of Filipinos on Suk road and prejudging an entire nation now.

I never missed your points at all, but a debate becomes very uninteresting if opposing points of view are not offered.

You might have noticed that although I've been taking the side of the offended party here, at no point have I disparaged Thais in anyway.

For me the debate gets uninteresting when people with opposing views and experiences are called liars or biased or trolls without reason.

The offended party, do you mean the Filipino scammers? Why have you taken their side so strongly is what I wonder?

When you off to get these pics Tropo?

Unfortunately I live in Pattaya, and just this afternoon I returned from spending 4 days in Bangkok on Sukhumvit, Soi 4. It'll have to wait a while, but I'm not as concerned about this matter as you may think.

For me the debate gets uninteresting when people with opposing views and experiences are called liars or biased or trolls without reason.

The offended party, do you mean the Filipino scammers? Why have you taken their side so strongly is what I wonder?

You would be very naive to believe too much of what people post on an Internet forum. I'm sceptical about these scams because of the vague way they have been presented.

Your obvious vigor to respond to each and every post here would show that you are certainly not "uninterested" in opposing views.

Libya must be a very disagreable character to have had such bad experiences in the Philippines. Either that, or he's a troll extraordinaire and has never been to the Philippines.

Tropo:

I have enjoyed my times in the Philippines 96%. I am not a troll, I have visited nearly every major island of the Philippines and my spoken tagalog is rusty, yet assured.

I would also mention that I much prefer Thailand to the Philippines.

bkkmadness: Tropo has already confessed to having a Filipina girlfriend, hence his steadfast allegiance to Philippine persons.

That's convenient.

So when you said you was going to go down there and have a chat with them and take some pics it was 'all talk no walk'.

Better try a better bluff next time!

:o

So it's time now for you to pull out an overused cliché.

There was no bluff given or intended. You made a sarcastic comment that I should pop by Sukhumvit and say hello, and I responded with an equally sarcastic comment that I would oblige.

Take you head out of the sand BKK.

If I happen to be in the area and notice some Filipino scammers commenting on my 'made in the Philippines' shoes, rest assured that I would be most interested to talk with them, but I shall not be making a special trip to Bangkok just to meet with them.

Edited by tropo

You would be very naive to believe too much of what people post on an Internet forum. I'm sceptical about these scams because of the vague way they have been presented.

Your obvious vigor to respond to each and every post here would show that you are certainly not "uninterested" in opposing views.

Dont mind a bit of back-peddling do you Tropo ??

So are you coming to Poipet to examine my qualifications, or are you all talk no walk ???

I would also mention that I much prefer Thailand to the Philippines.

No kidding! You didn't mention that.

That's a very narrow point of view Libya.

I prefer the Philippines for some things, and Thailand for others. Both countries have strong points in their favour.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I much prefer a Filipina as a partner over Thai anymore than you'll likely admit the opposite. We are different people and have different needs.

There's only one of your comments that I questioned, and that was your statement that the Philippines is the most corrupt nation (by far) in the world. That is absolute bs.

Tropo you're a B a n ker !!!!

Really. Your delusional. I need to have a beer with a retard? Go and troll somewhere else mate.

If you want to insult someone, at least spell correctly, moron. It's YOU'RE a *****.

Tropo, take a deep breath, & CALM DOWN :o

There's only one of your comments that I questioned, and that was your statement that the Philippines is the most corrupt nation (by far) in the world. That is absolute bs.

It's pretty darn close though! :o

Another genius. There are dozens and dozens of nations more corrupt than the Philippines. Nearly all of Africa, South America and Asia just for starters...and most likely your home country is right up their too.

That type of unfounded bs is nothing more than country bashing.

The Philippine race IMHO are a nation of mendicants, liars and cheats.

Ok Tropo, I will give you this one, there are some racist comments on this thread. :o

Philipinos are not a race. Having bad experience about a people can and will never be rascism.

[

Excellent Post.

Philippine nationality male and females use their good knowledge of the English language to scam other first world English speaking nationals.

Their perfidy is pernicious and treacherous. I lived in Manila for a while and I can attest that I experienced attempted scams on a daily basis, from taxi drivers, to shopkeepers, to street vendors, to whores.

The Philippines is the most corrupt nation on earth. I would trust Africa with my Grandmother in comparison.

Apart from that, they are really friendly people. :o

For the record I would like to state that I do not share libya 115's opinions about the Philippines, and during my time there I don't recall anyone trying to scam me.

Then your experience(s) in the Philippines must be sui generis.

No, certainly not libya115. Lived there two years and truthfully cannot recall any scams or suchlike. Not saying it doesn't happen, just didn't happen to me. Have you ever considered that your personality might bring out the worst in some people? I have.

[

Excellent Post.

Philippine nationality male and females use their good knowledge of the English language to scam other first world English speaking nationals.

Their perfidy is pernicious and treacherous. I lived in Manila for a while and I can attest that I experienced attempted scams on a daily basis, from taxi drivers, to shopkeepers, to street vendors, to whores.

The Philippines is the most corrupt nation on earth. I would trust Africa with my Grandmother in comparison.

For the record I would like to state that I do not share libya 115's opinions about the Philippines, and during my time there I don't recall anyone trying to scam me.

No, certainly not libya115. Lived there two years and truthfully cannot recall any scams or suchlike. Not saying it doesn't happen, just didn't happen to me. Have you ever considered that your personality might bring out the worst in some people? I have.

:D:D:D

[

Excellent Post.

I am happy to learn that you had two wonderful years in the Philippines. I enjoyed my time there as well. However my views remain the same, and (you are mistaken); my personality is rather well suited to life within the Philippines.

You are deluding yourself; some people go through life, always in denial, for their own personal reasons. It is totally hackneyed to suggest that you suffered no scams or dishonesty or mendicancy during your time in the Philippines. Indeed it is rife in most 'third world' countries.

It is my opinion that it is rife in the Philippines.

By discarding my comments as flimflam you are in fact revealing your tendatious bias, by abnegating the complex Gordian knot, that represents the twin poles of honesty and dishonesty within the Republic of the Philippines.

[

Excellent Post.

I am happy to learn that you had two wonderful years in the Philippines. I enjoyed my time there as well. However my views remain the same, and (you are mistaken); my personality is rather well suited to life within the Philippines.

You are deluding yourself; some people go through life, always in denial, for their own personal reasons. It is totally hackneyed to suggest that you suffered no scams or dishonesty or mendicancy during your time in the Philippines. Indeed it is rife in most 'third world' countries.

By discarding my comments as flimflam you are in fact revealing your tendatious bias, by abnegating the complex Gordian knot, that represents the twin poles of honesty and dishonesty within the Republic of the Philippines.

But seriously Libya , how many kidneys did you leave the Philippines with , as opposed

to how many you came in with ?

:D

Tropo - just accept it matey - the Philippines is a basket case economy :o

You probably just trolling, but since when did this thread convert to a discussion of the Filipino economy?

I'm fully aware of the comparitive economies and have studied the latest figures.

Allow me to help you out with a few facts. These are the latest CIA Factbook figures which were last updated in October, 2006.

First we'll look at GDP (puchasing power parity) rankings of some countries:

Thailand: ranked 21 out of 232 countries.

Philippines: ranked 26

Australia: 18

Netherlands: 26

Sweden: 36

Switzerland: 38

Just a sample to show the relative size of the economies of some countries.

Then lets take a look at the GDP (PPP) per capita in the same countries.

Thailand: 92 out of 232 countries

Philippines: 136

Australia: 19

Netherlands: 22

Sweden: 25

Switzerland: 17

China: 118

As you can see here, the economy of the Philippines and Thailand are relatively quite large in a global comparison, however they have large populations which leaves them much lower on the per capita comparison, but still the Philippines is doing better than 96 other nations, and Thailand better than 140 nations.

The Philippines has some distinct disadvantages compared to all other countries of similar popuation (Thailand 64.6 million, Philippines 89.5 million). It's an island nation with so many inhabited islands that transportion is costly and almost all by sea. It has a population density over twice that of Thailand ie. 277 pop per km² compared to Thailand's 125.

CIA FACTBOOK

Edited by tropo

libya115, I didn't discard your comments as flim-flam. I disassociated myself from them, and also seconded another forum member's condemnation of your remarks.

Your condemnation of all Filipinos because of your negative experiences with some Filipinos is a textbook example of racism.

P.S. I am glad to see that you are making use of a thesaurus, but you should consult a dictionary occasionally. For starters, your use of the word 'hackneyed' is incorrect. Also, over-dependence on a thesaurus often results in gibberish, a perfect example of which can be found in your closing paragraph.

Allow me to add my 2 cents worth here. I've suffered no scams in 7 years in the Philippines other than the usual police (traffic), taxi, transport scams that occur on a daily basis in Thailand.

This might of course mean that I'm more savvy/street smart than Libya and know how to avoid them. I'm careful in all third world nations and always keep my wits about me, and never get drunk.

Your condemnation of all Filipinos because of your negative experiences with some Filipinos is a textbook example of racism.

Again, 'Philipino' is not a race, hence it cannot be racism. Thank you for deluting the term.

Tawps quite right, it was a prejudiced comment towards a nation of people though. :o

libya115, I didn't discard your comments as flim-flam. I disassociated myself from them, and also seconded another forum member's condemnation of your remarks.

P.S. I am glad to see that you are making use of a thesaurus, but you should consult a dictionary occasionally. For starters, your use of the word 'hackneyed' is incorrect. Also, over-dependence on a thesaurus often results in gibberish, a perfect example of which can be found in your closing paragraph.

I am sorry if you cannot understand 'gibberish' qualtrough. I contemplate with despair at the poverty of your vocabulary in nearly all of your posts: eg.

seconded

textbook example

for starters

F.Y.I. :hackneyed=banal

Your posts and opinions are banal and also risible.

I doubt that you know the difference between erudite and araldite.

I hope this helps.

Edited by libya 115