Reasonable labour for lemon orchard

Hi there,

I was wondering what was reasonable labour for building and maintaining a lemon orchard with 120 trees? I have been quoted two people working 30 days per month and wanted to know if this was too much? I understand lemons are quite labour intensive with planting, pruning and harvesting. This is additional labour to the people that are building fences, leveling the land etc. I was hoping that someone more experienced might be able to tell me if this was reasonable. Many thanks

Once you have the land in shape to plant. 2 people should be able to plant the trees, build the fence and handle the surface water supply, to trees, you have planned in 2 to 3 thai work weeks.

To keep the grounds in shape and take care of the orchard as it grows, will not require 2 full time people on full time monthly employment. You do not mention how much land is involved but 120 trees. its probably less than 2 or 3 rai and 1 person could take care of that by working 5 days a month.

These are guesstimates only as a lot more info is needed to get real numbers that are reasonable.

• 1 month later...