Transport from Bus or RR station to resort in Cha-Am.

qualtrough

Planning to stay at a resort in Cha-Am with family in tow. Not sure yet if we will bus it or train it. Here is my question. Is it possible to get a proper van or taxi from where you get off from the bus from Bangkok or the train station rather than a motorcycle or song-taew?

If you are a family and baggage, better just to get a taxi, Cha am railway station is about 1.5km from the beach road. What resort are you staying at as Cha am is a long beach and also some resorts classed as Cha am could be upto 5kms from the main town/beach area. Cha am train station dosnt have car taxis but a mortorcycle taxi guy there will know of someone and can call them. The buses stop on Petchkasem Road, there are sometimes car taxis there but again if not a motorcycle guy will know and call someone. You may want to enquire at the resort as many have their own taxi services and can come get you. Enjoy your holidays

Thanks everyone for your help, very much appreciated! I am glad to hear that taxis do exist and I will talk with the MC guys to enlist their help. Resort is pretty far away.

Last time I was in Cha-Am was 1983. At that time there was maybe one condo and just a few bungalow type places to stay and some shophouses on the beach road. Any changes since that time? Just joking smile.png I drove by the beach in 1998 or so and it was absolutely unrecognizable except for the fact that the ocean was still there. Time marches on, and at least the resort looks pretty nice.

Edited by qualtrough

1983, wow... would you have any pictures of Cha-am from back then? I would love to see them.

I have been meaning to dig out my old photos dating back to 1980. Not sure how many if any I have from Cha-Am, but certainly of Samui, Bangkok, Hat Yai, Penang, etc. My sister has slides from the Samui trip that she keeps promising to scan and send to me. One of these days. I visited Cha-Am during Loy Kratong, and I bet there were five people on the beach at any given time. It was just a sleepy place. It was just at the beginning stages of being 'discovered'.