PM asks whether anyone wants a bowl or a garlic to drive away 'ghosts in farang's houses'

webfact

PM asks anyone wants a bowl or a garlic

434_Songkran-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha jokingly asked members of the media whether any of them want a bowl or a garlic to drive away “ghosts which have taken refuge in farang’s houses”.

The prime minister appeared to be in a good mood today when he hosted a pre-Songkran ritual for the media at the Government House and wished them luck and prosperity.

Apparently mocking at former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra and some of his followers who have taken refuge overseas, the prime minister held a few garlics and asked the reporters whether any of them would like one to dispel “ghosts who have taken refuge in farang’s houses”.

As he took a walk to visit various publicity booths set up at the Government House and stopped in front of the Ubon Ratchathani’s booth he joked with the governor asking whether he would like to have a bowl to contain water.

The governor responded saying that he didn’t want it because he had a job to do.

The prime minister told the officials that he did not hate red bowl in particular but suggested that the red bowls recently distributed by Thaksin to his followers in Chiang Mai were different because the distributer had hidden motive.

He admitted that there were many weird things these days but he could not do much about them because this is about democracy. But in his capacity as the law enforcer, he said he had to strictly enforce the law to ensure public safety and order.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/158351

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-04-06

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He admitted that there were many weird things these days, such as continuing corruption, a police force so ineffectual that I had to give their powers to my soldiers, an education system in tatters to name but a few, but he could not do much about them because this is about democracy. But in his capacity as the law enforcer, he said he had to strictly enforce the law by confiscating red bowls distributed by a messianic former PM who may have a hidden motive to ensure public safety and order.

Good to see that the PM has a sense of humor and that he can see the funny side of life

all the while zinging the man in Dubai, being a PM in Thailand is like being a helpless chicken

in a viper's pit, everybody want to be you, and if they can't, have a piece of you......

Judging by the Prime Minister`s remarks it does display the fact that Farlang expats are still considered as complete outsiders and will never be an acceptable part of Thai society. Or may be I`m reading too much into this?

He does appear to have a total dislike of farangs.

Good to see that the PM has a sense of humor and that he can see the funny side of life

all the while zinging the man in Dubai, being a PM in Thailand is like being a helpless chicken

in a viper's pit, everybody want to be you, and if they can't, have a piece of you......

yes, they hate me cuz they ain't me...

The nightmares of Thaksin returning after a rebellion and sentencing them must still be playing out in this guys head.

The bravado doesn't hide the fear that tens of millions are on this ghosts side.

And his make believe and polls won't save him from that particular evil spirit when the time comes.

Hang on to the garlic and brace for sanctions by years end

The farang houses are about to reject your slave tainted products

Edited by Plutojames88

Remember when Spitting image was on UK tv?

1 of the sketches was about the presidents brain missing)

Captions of Ronald Reagan popping his brain back.

When i saw this news report that is what went through my head.

Is the pms brain missing.

Edited by colinneil

Judging by the Prime Minister`s remarks it does display the fact that Farlang expats are still considered as complete outsiders and will never be an acceptable part of Thai society. Or may be I`m reading too much into this?

Or maybe you just didn't comprehend what you read. He was talking about Thai fugitives living abroad, not expats in Thailand.

Or maybe you just didn't comprehend what you read. He was talking about Thai fugitives living abroad, not expats in Thailand.

my read as well.

why should the facts matter when you are determined to find fault?

Wow man, How the bloody hell did this (_____) get the top job in the military?

I think some one should tell him, his village is missing their idiot...

So all his followers here on TVF are once again very quiet, n surprises there.

And yet another falang hater just like Suthep and still there are falangs that support them,,

Remember when Spitting image was on UK tv?

1 of the sketches was about the presidents brain missing)

Captions of Ronald Reagan popping his brain back.

When i saw this news report that is what went through my head.

Is the pms brain missing.

For our members who have no idea what colinneil is on about :)

Images from my days at uni.

cheesy.gif

"He admitted that there were many weird things these days but he could not do much about them because this is about democracy". cheesy.gif blink.png facepalm.gif

Poetry, pure poetry, I mean this man has a gift, it's amazing to say the least.facepalm.gif

Geewizz fella's do ya think that the fanboy's on TVF could help us out with this one? I mean because they have a clear understanding of how his mind works as they are clearly on the same page as this wonder of the world and gift to humanity, freedom and democracy... C'mon you guy's please explain this onecheesy.gif

cheesy.gif

"He admitted that there were many weird things these days but he could not do much about them because this is about democracy". cheesy.gif blink.png facepalm.gif

Poetry, pure poetry, I mean this man has a gift, it's amazing to say the least.facepalm.gif

Geewizz fella's do ya think that the fanboy's on TVF could help us out with this one? I mean because they have a clear understanding of how his mind works as they are clearly on the same page as this wonder of the world and gift to humanity, freedom and democracy... C'mon you guy's please explain this onecheesy.gif

Would you prefer monosyllabic words?

Ye'p I read it that way also, but it can be interpreted just as cyberfalang said, "ghost's that have taken refuge in falang houses"

No mention of over seas. also can a so-called falang be a falang in his/her own country? nit picking ok ok my bad.

Now if you would be so kind as clearly your mind is in sync with this plonker, please explain to us with far less in common with your hero the PM unlike yourself, the bit were he say's, there's a lot of weird things but he can not do anything about them because it's about democracy...

go on mate give it a crack, please......cheesy.gif

And sure it's ok if you think you can manage it, then you can even use some big boy words as well.

Edited by aussieinthailand

cheesy.gif

Would you prefer monosyllabic words?

No, truthful, factual words will suffice.

Ye'p I read it that way also, but it can be interpreted just as cyberfalang said, "ghost's that have taken refuge in falang houses"

No mention of over seas. also can a so-called falang be a falang in his/her own country? nit picking ok ok my bad.

Now if you would be so kind as clearly your mind is in sync with this plonker, please explain to us with far less in common with your hero the PM unlike yourself, the bit were he say's, there's a lot of weird things but he can not do anything about them because it's about democracy...

And sure it's ok if you think you can manage it, then you can even use some big boy words as well.

Yes even in Australia thais refer to aussies as farangs.

There is a concept called Point of View. So yes, to a Thai, a farang is a farang wherever they reside.

BTW uneducated and vocally lazy Thais often pronounce "r" as "l" . Up to you, i suppose.

Although this might be understood from the headline, if you read the article carefully you'd understand his remark is not about farangs but about some Thai people (actually a certain person) who found refuge overseas or as he said it in farang's house