Backpackers

HansBlinkers

Time for a bit of good old "netizen outrage".

rolleyes.gif

Time for a bit of good old fake "netizen outrage".

Time for a bit of Senior Netizen outrage....

'Deprt them, jail them' I see the 'outraged' scream, for what? I ask. Probably for the 'crime ' of being young and free......

Pathetic and sad, Thai Visa Membership at it's worst and most disgustingly ignorant.....

Look Chinese, possible Japanese.

Yes, or possibly from Italy, or Bhutan, or Iceland, or Ireland, or Romania, or Vietnam, or Jamaica, or South Africa, or Portugal, or Switzerland, or France!

Wow, looks like they could be from anywhere!

But thanks for sharing your valuable insight.

I love this...occupy chiang mai...urban camping is a thing...i have seen tents in the most peculiar places in sf nyc la portland etc... probably will get asked to move though...

Must be exhibitionists...

There are some cool abandoned structures that may offer more privacy...like that big abandoned looking building in the inner nw corner across from the hospital? That would be a cool spot to squat camp

Edited by fireplay

What strikes me is the blatant stupidity of these folks...

Obviously they want to save money on their trip, so they bring a tent. There is NO city on the planet that permits setting up a tent on public property without some sort of permit. So why call attention to yourselves by placing the tent in perhaps the most visible location available? There are plenty of empty lots around town, one even within view of this present site! Had they set up camp at the back of the lot, they probably wouldn't be bothered for at least a day or two.

Seems many either never had a youth or it was so long ago they have forgotten it.

Even I wasn't always the pillar of respectability and dignity I am today.

I think there is a difference between being 'young' and being 'stupid,' although the two are not mutually exclusive...

.....Even I wasn't always the pillar of respectability and dignity I am today.

Lol. I'm still working on attaining that status (and time's running out).

Would have been fun to be the cop who climbed (waddled) up the Ku Huang corner, shook his head side to side, and then asked: "What the hell are you doing here?!?" As to the response, god/Buddha only knows.....