Nearing the end of the first year on my Non-O Visa...

I'm coming towards the end of my first year on my Non-O Spouse Visa.

I assume that the visa renewal is fairly straightforward, but I thought it best to double check to be sure so that I don't turn up at immigration and find out I'm back at square one!

I would be very appreciative if someone can provide me with answers to the following questions :

- The visa renewal should be applied for at my local immigration office (the same one that issued the current Non-O), is this correct?

- When should I go to apply for the renewal? Is anytime up until the final date ok? Or does it have to be a certain amount of time before it expires?

- What (and who) do I need to bring with me?

- How much does it cost?

- Any other important details I'm missing/should know/remember?

Thank you in advance everyone biggrin.pngthumbsup.gif

You apparently do not have a non-o visa to renew. You have a one year extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai you applied for and had issued at an immigration office.

You will apply for a new extension at your local immigration office. You can apply for it up to 30 days early up to the last day if you want to. The fee is 1900 baht.

You will need the same documents you had when you applied for the first one.

Here is general list of the requirement. You may need more or less dependent upon the office where you must apply.

Unless you are applying at Bangkok you will need 2 sets of copies attached to 2 TM7 application.forms.

Proof of 400k baht in the bank for 2 months by way of a letter from your bank and your bank book.or 40k baht income.proven by a income letter from your embassy.

Copies of your passport photo page and every page that has any stamp or visa for Thailand on it. Copy of TM6 departure card.

Marriage certificate and a updated Kor Ror 2 marriage registry.

Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

Photos of you and your wife in and around the house. One must show you both with the house number shown in it. The number of photos needed varies by office.

Map to your residence from the nearest main road or street.

Proof of residence if not living where your wife's house book is for.

Some offices may want witnesses when you apply.

As said, you do not have a Visa.

Krabi Immigration will want the same as you provided last year.

Apply up to 30 days early, they might even allow 45 days.

They might want a TM30 form.

Make sure your Wife completes one and submits it.

She might get a 8090 Baht fine if not.

TM30 reports an alien living in her house.

Edited by Eclipse

Aha sorry- I'm always using the wrong terminology! I'll get it right one day! But you have given me the answer I was looking for despite my wording being wrong- thank you very much. I'll be sure to give myself a little leeway rather than waiting until the final day.

Thank you again - I'll try to use the right wording next time!!!

Ps. I'm a woman, married to a Thai man ;)

• 1 month later...

I'm going to head up to immigration soon, but I just had a thought about the photographs... Can anyone answer this for me:

1. Can they be the same photographs as last year or should they be new ones?

2. Do the photos need to printed at a Kodak shop or equivalent, or can they be printed on paper from my own printer at home?

Thank you :)

I'm going to head up to immigration soon, but I just had a thought about the photographs... Can anyone answer this for me:

1. Can they be the same photographs as last year or should they be new ones?

2. Do the photos need to printed at a Kodak shop or equivalent, or can they be printed on paper from my own printer at home?

Thank you smile.png

1. Some offices will check to see if you have new photos or not. The expect them to be new.

2. You can print them yourself. I have used plain paper and photo paper for my extensions. I print two 5 X 7 inch photos per page.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You apparently do not have a non-o visa to renew. You have a one year extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai you applied for and had issued at an immigration office.

You will apply for a new extension at your local immigration office. You can apply for it up to 30 days early up to the last day if you want to. The fee is 1900 baht.

You will need the same documents you had when you applied for the first one.

Here is general list of the requirement. You may need more or less dependent upon the office where you must apply.

Unless you are applying at Bangkok you will need 2 sets of copies attached to 2 TM7 application.forms.

Proof of 400k baht in the bank for 2 months by way of a letter from your bank and your bank book.or 40k baht income.proven by a income letter from your embassy.

Copies of your passport photo page and every page that has any stamp or visa for Thailand on it. Copy of TM6 departure card.

Marriage certificate and a updated Kor Ror 2 marriage registry.

Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

Photos of you and your wife in and around the house. One must show you both with the house number shown in it. The number of photos needed varies by office.

Map to your residence from the nearest main road or street.

Proof of residence if not living where your wife's house book is for.

Some offices may want witnesses when you apply.

Final question (hopefully!!!). What is the difference between an updated Kor Ror 2 and the original Kor Ror 2? I still have the original from when we got married, will this be sufficient?

Thank you... again!!!!!

A updated Kor Ror 2 is a print out of it done at an Amphoe to confirm you are still married. It is signed, dated and stamped by the Amphoe. Some offices want to be no older than 30 days or 6 months but some do not always ask for an updated one.

• Like 1

If in doubt go to your local Immigration Office a week before you plan to renew and check for any changes/idiosyncrasies. Small things can differ from place to place. Peace of mind for a minor inconvenience.

• Like 1