My AIS Fiber coming soon

crabdog

Jumped on the recent promotion in my area. 20/7 for 750p/month. Free installation and modem and first 6 months is 100thb/month! Will be cancelling my TRUE adsl but keeping the TOT Fiber2U. TOT Fiber has been good and very consistent but international routing gets changed often so can't play online games half the time. TRUE adsl has good pings to my game servers but general usage is AWFUL. Hopefully AIS will find the perfect mix of the two. Will know in a week or so.

i got a flyer in my mailbox advertsising this fibre deal from ais last year

i called them to order it and they asked me my address and then quickly said not available and hung up

maybe if i called back and spoke to someone else i might had better luck but not worth the hassle if theyre too lazy to sell it

how would they treat a customer with a problem ?

i called them to order it and they asked me my address and then quickly said not available and hung up

maybe if i called back and spoke to someone else i might had better luck but not worth the hassle if theyre too lazy to sell it

If it's not available in your area. What's to sell?

They usually pepper an area with spam about 3 months in advance of routing new cables, they won't come into your street for no reason/just 1 person if it's a dead end

I have seen people at war to get installations and unless they can get 4-10 neighbors as well, they won't bother with you

I got two boxes and two routers....they gave me in Chiang Mai. They said I could be connected when I moved to Udon ...and no extra charge.

Guess what??? Not available. Technically, I still have to pay for the service for a year. It's in my gf's name anyways.

Those android boxes will not connect to any other service. People all over Thailand are complaining that they are being forced to pay. Some customers move before the contract expires (renting). AIS wants to sign you on and will tell you it's ok if you plan on moving..."we have service everywhere". But they do not. And you can still be on the hook to pay. We refuse...but call them monthly asking them to connect anyways. Right now use 3bb.

I would prefer AIS Fibre...if only they would expand to include all neighborhoods ..especially within the city (Udon).

If they ever do start servicing our neighborhood, my gf (now my wife) would not be elgible to sign up again , but she can use a relative's id and connect it. Boxes and routers just sitting in the drawer. I am reluctant to return them...if we are still on the hook. They should just apologize, pick up the equipment and cancel the contract....as they are not able to serve us...as promised.

Edited by slipperylobster

They left the invitation to apply in my fking mailbox

i didnt go out of my way to tell them im interested or i want it .....

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update. Had the AIS fiber installed yesterday. 24 hours in and so far it looks good. Had very good speed results from testmy.net yesterday to SG, Aus and US. Pings to my Aus game server are great. Hope it stays good!

In my experience with their mobile service, AIS has been pretty good -- at least compared to most other Thai companies -- when it comes to customer service.

So, it's pretty surprising to hear that AIS is trying to enforce 1 year contracts against a customer who moves, and ends up in a location where they're not able to provide the same service. In that kind of situation, you'd think they'd be giving the customer an out.

As for AIS fiber, I'm in central downtown BKK and from talking to them, there's no sign that their fiber service is coming my way anytime soon. So I'm kind of curious just where they're actually installing their fiber, because it sure isn't here.

In my experience with their mobile service, AIS has been pretty good -- at least compared to most other Thai companies -- when it comes to customer service.

So, it's pretty surprising to hear that AIS is trying to enforce 1 year contracts against a customer who moves, and ends up in a location where they're not able to provide the same service. In that kind of situation, you'd think they'd be giving the customer an out.

As for AIS fiber, I'm in central downtown BKK and from talking to them, there's no sign that their fiber service is coming my way anytime soon. So I'm kind of curious just where they're actually installing their fiber, because it sure isn't here.

I'm in central bkk too and apparently it ain't available to me either.... Weird distribution imo because my area is about as densely populated as you can get so it would make sense to run the cables this way and sign everybody up....

I'm in central bkk too and apparently it ain't available to me either.... Weird distribution imo because my area is about as densely populated as you can get so it would make sense to run the cables this way and sign everybody up....

If it's a condo or a private estate, it is likely that they haven't receive permission from your juristic person office. Their network infrastructure team are very aggressive in their expansion plan..