David Cameron admits to profiting from father's offshore funds

webfact

For British posters who are upset here is the phone number for HMRC, feel free to contact them and ask to pay more tax. Top your phone up before you do because you will have to listen to 10 minutes of music first.

+441355359022

That's a bit puerile and childish, don't you think?

Cameron bleating on and on about tax "avoidance" then, after 5 attempts, it comes to light that is exactly what he, and his family were up to doesn't mean everyone else wants to pay more tax -does it.

I think the British public would like to see an end to tax abuse in all its forms! Whether it's through Tax "Avoidance" or Tax "Evasion"!

It is an abuse on society. Its not like it is a victimless crime!

I think the British public would like to see an honest and transparent Prime-minster, instead of one that is nothing more than a snollygoster, who lies and withholds the truth!

Totally agree. Dream on. Even Mr. Corbin when initially asked if he would release his tax details did not simply reply "Yes". When you can prove an illegal activity has taken place I will show some interest. Smoke, mirrors and agendas from all sides. Actuall news very rarely exists these days.

It's a bit of a red-herring to bring Mr 'Corbyn' into this. Your deflection is weak fella.

Cameron has already been shown to be sly and devious and attempting the obfuscate the truth over the matter of personal profiting from off-shores..

read the OP!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For British posters who are upset here is the phone number for HMRC, feel free to contact them and ask to pay more tax. Top your phone up before you do because you will have to listen to 10 minutes of music first.

+441355359022

Cameron bleating on and on about tax "avoidance" then, after 5 attempts, it comes to light that is exactly what he, and his family were up to doesn't mean everyone else wants to pay more tax -does it.

I think the British public would like to see an end to tax abuse in all its forms! Whether it's through Tax "Avoidance" or Tax "Evasion"!

I think the British public would like to see an honest and transparent Prime-minster, instead of one that is nothing more than a snollygoster, who lies and withholds the truth!

Totally agree. Dream on. Even Mr. Corbin when initially asked if he would release his tax details did not simply reply "Yes". When you can prove an illegal activity has taken place I will show some interest. Smoke, mirrors and agendas from all sides. Actuall news very rarely exists these days.

It's a bit of a red-herring to bring Mr 'Corbyn' into this. Your deflection is weak fella.

Cameron has already been shown to be sly and devious and attempting the obfuscate the truth over the matter of personal profiting from off-shores..

read the OP!

I have to disagree. He was asked a question and he answered it as all politicians do. Not his fault that the reporter asked the wrong question. He has now been asked the right question and answered. Anything illegal about it?

read the OP!

I have to disagree. He was asked a question and he answered it as all politicians do. Not his fault that the reporter asked the wrong question. He has now been asked the right question and answered. Anything illegal about it?

Blaming the reporter? that is just risible Alan..

His actions this week has bought the position of Prime-Minster into disrepute.

Now, his actions, are in danger of turning the Brexit referendum into an Anti-Cameron vote.

read the OP!

Blaming the reporter? that is just risible Alan..

His actions this week has bought the position of Prime-Minster into disrepute.

Now, his actions, are in danger of turning the Brexit referendum into an Anti-Cameron vote.

What exactly is your problem with Cameron? Personally ambivalent to UK or any other "democracies". I am British, do not vote as I do not live there. When you can post anything illegal that Cameron has done I will take notice. He is for good or bad a politician, democracy dictates (strange?) what they all do. Is there a better system? Probably not. I will be the first to shout "hang him high" if he has broken the law.

What exactly is your problem with Cameron? Personally ambivalent to UK or any other "democracies". I am British, do not vote as I do not live there. When you can post anything illegal that Cameron has done I will take notice. He is for good or bad a politician, democracy dictates (strange?) what they all do. Is there a better system? Probably not. I will be the first to shout "hang him high" if he has broken the law.

hahaa, I thought I'd made it quite clear in my previous posts.

He now admits to having interests in an off-shore, at least in Blairmore until 2010..

Did he declare his interests between 2001 and 2010 as he should have done? no. then he has broken the law,

Shall we prepare the hanging rope yet?

GOSH, Alan the way you are going all out to protect this man one may be led to think you have something to hide? amIright?

hahaa, I thought I'd made it quite clear in my previous posts.

He now admits to having interests in an off-shore, at least in Blairmore until 2010..

Did he declare his interests between 2001 and 2010 as he should have done? no. then he has broken the law,

Shall we prepare the hanging rope yet?

GOSH, Alan the way you are going all out to protect this man one may be led to think you have something to hide? amIright?

You keep going on, has he broken the law? Unethical, immoral? No personal interest in Cameron. Helps me or hinders me? Are they all corrupt? Probably. Evidence would be nice.

As MP for Witney since 2001 Cameron is required to register his financial and business interests.

https://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/standards-and-financial-interests/parliamentary-commissioner-for-standards/registers-of-interests/

In not doing so he has bought the position of Prime-Minister into disrepute.
He clearly has a conflict of interests when lobbying the EU over off-shore transparency regulations

The evidence is the OP and the fact that he has been an MP in Witney since 2001.

Edited by MrTee

He has answered the question many times this week.

But not in full, even though he was asked about the past as well, all his answers evaded that, I was pretty obvious that after his farther death he would have probably inherited some of his assets.

He has answered the question many times this week.

But not in full, even though he was asked about the past as well, all his answers evaded that, I was pretty obvious that after his farther death he would have probably inherited some of his assets.

After my mothers death I inherited some money. I forgot to go through he financial history before I accepted the money. Was questioned about where it came from by my bank, solicitor letter was accepted.

Do you just generally dislike people with more money than you? I would have to dislike an awfull lot of people if that was the case. House adverts pop up on here, 10 mil for a two bedroom. Out of my league. Should I resent people who have that much? Be a sad existance if that was all I had to do in my life.

+441355359022

I think that you miss the point by a country mile. The reason that you cannot afford a 10 mil home (well, GBP at least) is because you are not in the club, a club you can be sure of never being admitted to. Nor will your kids, nor your grandkids. Much as you wish for better and better for your progeny, they will be limited by the bullet-proof glass ceiling that has always been in place. And their place is below it.

HMRC will, however, always be relevant to them, simply because those beneath the glass ceiling are the ones who HMRC is interested in - those above have rarely been troubled by little people problems like tax. That is not likely to change any time soon either.

Do you just generally dislike people with more money than you? I would have to dislike an awfull lot of people if that was the case. House adverts pop up on here, 10 mil for a two bedroom. Out of my league. Should I resent people who have that much? Be a sad existance if that was all I had to do in my life.

+441355359022

I think that you miss the point by a country mile. The reason that you cannot afford a 10 mil home (well, GBP at least) is because you are not in the club, a club you can be sure of never being admitted to. Nor will your kids, nor your grandkids. Much as you wish for better and better for your progeny, they will be limited by the bullet-proof glass ceiling that has always been in place. And their place is below it.

HMRC will, however, always be relevant to them, simply because those beneath the glass ceiling are the ones who HMRC is interested in - those above have rarely been troubled by little people problems like tax. That is not likely to change any time soon either.

I care not that I may not be in the club. My wealth and finances are my business the same as anyone else's. If I wanted I could buy the 10 mil house, not interested. Same as I could park the Mercedes or BMW in the drive. When someone breaks the law let me know.

David Cameron admits he had shares in father’s offshore company which avoided UK taxes

606x341_329386.jpg

LONDON: -- The British Prime Minister David Cameron has said he and his wife did own shares in an offshore trust run by his late father.

Blairmore Holdings was set up in the Bahamas in the 1981 so the company could avoid paying UK tax.

Cameron says he sold the shares in 2010, the year he became prime minister.

On Thursday he told ITV News ‘‘Samantha and I have a joint account. We owned 5000 units in Blairmore Investment Trust, which we sold in January 2010. That was worth something like £30,000. I paid income tax on the dividends’‘.

Offshore trusts are not illegal under UK law, but the revelation has been embarrassing for the PM who has previously described complex tax avoidance schemes as “morally wrong.”

The leak of more than 11 million documents from Panamanian law firm Mossack Fonseca has shown how the rich and powerful use tax havens to hide their wealth.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-04-08

I see this is sandwiched between other important news stories like ladies' fashion choices at Aintree racecourse and a woman spooked by a ghost (yes, they have them in the UK too).

Not sure who Eric Snowden is, but that Edward Snowden bloke seems to be getting a bit confused about what he's trying to defend. I thought he was in favour of people's right to privacy?

You are coming across a bit cheesie fella

Wow! An undeserved rant!! Look at who Mr Tee was replying to !! Coming across a bit cheesie facepalm.gif get it eh! get it nudge nudge wink wink say no more. Cheeeese! coffee1.gif

After my mothers death I inherited some money. I forgot to go through he financial history before I accepted the money. Was questioned about where it came from by my bank, solicitor letter was accepted.

But nobody cares what you forgot as you are not a publicly elected head of state, paid for by the peoples taxes, neither did you deny any involvement in the public media. If a President can be impeached for denying having a blow job (probably a good thing for family hours viewing TV), then call me Dave is walking a very thin tight rope with Panama gate!

I see this is sandwiched between other important news stories like ladies' fashion choices at Aintree racecourse and a woman spooked by a ghost (yes, they have them in the UK too).

Not sure who Eric Snowden is, but that Edward Snowden bloke seems to be getting a bit confused about what he's trying to defend. I thought he was in favour of people's right to privacy?

Wow! An undeserved rant!! Look at who Mr Tee was replying to !! Coming across a bit cheesie facepalm.gif get it eh! get it nudge nudge wink wink say no more. Cheeeese! coffee1.gif

But nobody cares what you forgot as you are not a publicly elected head of state, paid for by the peoples taxes, neither did you deny any involvement in the public media. If a President can be impeached for denying having a blow job (probably a good thing for family hours viewing TV), then call me Dave is walking a very thin tight rope with Panama gate!

Has anything illegal taken place?

+441355359022

I care not that I may not be in the club. My wealth and finances are my business the same as anyone else's. If I wanted I could buy the 10 mil house, not interested. Same as I could park the Mercedes or BMW in the drive. When someone breaks the law let me know.

When the people who make the law stack the cards in their favour, the law becomes somewhat arbitrary.

It comes a great relief that someone finally got that gigglem.gifwai2.gif

Edited by MrTee

+441355359022

When the people who make the law stack the cards in their favour, the law becomes somewhat arbitrary.

I agree with that. As I previously posted the laws are skewed in the favour of the wealthy. That said I follow the tax laws, work in my favour? great. Can't afford a tax lawyer myself, would cost more than he saved.

Has anything illegal taken place?

I've already pointed out to you how Cameron HAS broken the law - that you won't accept that is your problem. I cannot elucidate further!

You may think you have but you haven't.

Failing to register financial or business interest which someone might reasonably consider to influence their actions or words as an MP..

is breaking the law!

Agreed. Has he done that? Evidence would suggest he avoided tax, paid tax on dividends no capital gains. Love to read the report that what he did was illegal. Let's go with Mr. Corbin and throw several million pounds of tax payers money into a pointless enquiry. That is where I want my money to go.

Failing to register financial or business interest which someone might reasonably consider to influence their actions or words as an MP..

is breaking the law!

Agreed. Has he done that? Evidence would suggest he avoided tax, paid tax on dividends no capital gains. Love to read the report that what he did was illegal. Let's go with Mr. Corbin and throw several million pounds of tax payers money into a pointless enquiry. That is where I want my money to go.

Corbyn again? yet another weak deflection..

The register of MP's interests is online. If you can find where Cameron has declared his interests then feel free to update us. Feel free to let me know.

is breaking the law!

Corbyn again? yet another weak deflection..

The register of MP's interests is online. If you can find where Cameron has declared his interests then feel free to update us. Feel free to let me know.

Yet again? Where is any proof that he did anyting illegal? Yes, bad man, hypocrite etc, etc. Law is flawed.