90 days.

I did my 90 days stint at Jomtien today, a week early to avoid Songkran. Many others seemed to have the same idea. Would it not be a good idea to have a queue place ticket machine installed to avoid the scrum at the door. It took nearly as long to get a ticket as to get the 90 days stamped. All done very politely. One other thing.I was a bit confused and slightly shocked to receive a ticket 419, when the indicator board showed 499 already. I didn't realise that on reaching 499 it reverts back to 401. Silly me. Another mystery of the Orient. coffee1.gif

Would be lovely if whole system was reviewed. I did uni physics with slide rule. Then they invented computers, internet and smart cell. Hells bells, I can do online banking. Maybe one day departure cards etc will be obsolete.

• Like 1

I didn't realise that on reaching 499 it reverts back to 401. Silly me. Another mystery of the Orient.

Not really a mystery. 90 day reports are done at desk 4. Queue tickets run from 00 to 99 and back to 00, so start with (4)00 run up to (4)99 and pretty sure it reverts to (4)00, not 401.

At desk 6 the queue tickets run from (6)00 to (6)99 and back to start again, etc.

They've gone through several changes in the arrangement of desks and seating. This latest version is better than those of the past with the exception of where you get the queue ticket. Not a problem when there isn't a crush, but a big hassle when so many people arrive on the same day at the same time. And of course there's always a few people who have "special" problems (i.e. they're clueless and have nothing prepared or organized) who engage the person issuing tickets for 5 minutes instead of the 5 seconds it should take.

• Like 2