Man arrested in Nong Khai after sending heroin to Australia and Canada in the post

rooster59

Man arrested in Nong Khai after sending heroin to Australia and Canada in the post

post-247607-0-83824100-1460183734_thumb.

Laotian man faces the music after being arrested at the Thai-Lao Friendship bridge after being caught smuggling heroin in Electone keyboard.

NONG KHAI:-- Drugs suppression officers announced the arrest of a Laotian man in Nong Khai who they say was sending drugs through the post hidden in musical instruments.

Ampha Wilaiwan, 39, a bus driver from Vientiane was arrested on a warrant at the Thai-Lao friendship bridge as he entered Thailand. He is charged with sending heroin through the post to Australia and Canada, reports Daily News.

An arrest warrant was issued after customs at Suvarnabhumi found three kilos of heroin in the keyboard of an Electone Yamaha keyboard bound for Australia that had been posted from Udon Thani in November. They checked CCTV at the post office and were soon on the tail of the Laotian man.

Drugs officers suspect that he had tried sending drugs abroad in this fashion at least ten times before. The suspect said that he carried the packages for a 60 year old Vietnamese man he knew as San Fong who paid him US400 each time claiming he had no knowledge of what was in the parcels.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-04-09

from yesterday 8 april at all thailand post office you must show your passport or id card to even mail an envelope???? (this data is KEPT on the thailand post data base and used for god knows what else in the future) this country is insane ........BUY SOME SNIFFER DOGS like the rest of the worldfacepalm.gif

a bus driver from Vientiane was arrested on a warrant at the Thai-Lao friendship bridge as he entered Thailand. He is charged with sending heroin through the post to Australia and Canada

...thinking hard: " 'return address', hmmm, ah, when there is nobody to pick up the package, they will send it back to me! Good deal!"

from yesterday 8 april at all thailand post office you must show your passport or id card to even mail an envelope???? (this data is KEPT on the thailand post data base and used for god knows what else in the future) this country is insane ........BUY SOME SNIFFER DOGS like the rest of the worldfacepalm.gif

How much does it cost to post a Sniffer dog, and do you have to show your passport when posting the doggy bag?

does this mean that the stealing will stop now?

Sending anything overseas from Oz also requires photo ID, description of contents and return address. Those details are also kept on the PO data base. So why is it insane here in Thailand or is this just another excuse to bash the Thais. I'd say good on them if it help catches a few A-holes, or do you condone sending something illegal through the post. Or maybe you think that drugs cannot be contained in an envelope. wai2.gif

I have no problem with that.

Just wish that postal items from overseas would be DELIVERED instead of being Lost and/or Stolen !

Sending anything overseas from Oz also requires photo ID, description of contents and return address. Those details are also kept on the PO data base. So why is it insane here in Thailand

Username: admin

Password: 12345

coffee1.gif

So because they are stupid in oz they should also be here ?

If a rule is stupid it is stupid and useless everywhere !

Sending anything overseas from Oz also requires photo ID, description of contents and return address. Those details are also kept on the PO data base. So why is it insane here in Thailand or is this just another excuse to bash the Thais. I'd say good on them if it help catches a few A-holes, or do you condone sending something illegal through the post. Or maybe you think that drugs cannot be contained in an envelope. wai2.gif

Interesting, wonder how does checks gonna work with the mail boxes...

Let's here your explanation as to why the rule is stupid or are one of those who can only write stupid is as stupid does without substantiation?

This rule is so stupid that some smart people cannot even understand why.

In Thailand or anywhere else in the world I can pay anybody in the street to send parcels for me and these people won't be able to tell who I am. Things have a cost, people also, nothing else to add, except that someone must be far to be bright not to understand this.

Let's here your explanation as to why the rule is stupid or are one of those who can only write stupid is as stupid does without substantiation?

Just show your "girlfriend ID card" or any copy of any ID card that you got in the street by giving 100 thb to anyone.

Interesting, wonder how does checks gonna work with the mail boxes...

You cannot get a po box with no ID

buythisdashcam

You seem quite knowledgeable on how to send packages covertly. Maybe you should offer your services to the many brain dead criminals who keep getting caught at an alarming rate by using their own bona fides. Sounds like, given you post, you are brighter than a 25-watt globe. Are we speaking from experience, I hope not.

Use you G/F's I.D. or a copy of any I.D. you get on the street. really. I will agree that there are some DS's who would do anything for money but given time, all will come unstuck. Many ways to bring your scenario undone, believe me.

Edited by Si Thea01

Began a few months ago and any parcel 2 kilograms and over require the

foreigner to show his/her Passport and Thai's need to show their ID's. And

yes, the staff told me they check for contraband.

Might be a good idea to get the facts straight before posting smile.png

Edited by Dap

Yes ID began a few months ago for anything over 2kgs

But now since april 8, ID is required for ALL parcels regardless of weight and even oversized envelopes

So check your facts again :)

Exactly what I was about to reply you... I hope that you now understand how stupid is your reply.

Yes ID began a few months ago for anything over 2kgs

But now since april 8, ID is required for ALL parcels regardless of weight and even oversized envelopes

So check your facts again smile.png

I stand corrected.

Exactly what I was about to reply you... I hope that you now understand how stupid is your reply.

Ahhh, A thousand pardons. As previously stated, I stand corrected tongue.png