Changing the tires from front to back

I've had my pickup for a year and a half now and its due for the 3rd service this month.

Ive noticed that the 2 tires at the back are always a bit down on air. The 2 at the front seem to be consistently ok.

Should I ask the isuzu workshop to swap them from front to back or do you think its better to go somewhere professional like the 'cockpit'.

Its really hot here where I live and the air con is ok but wanted to ask what can be done to service it? Have you ever had your air con re-gassed.

Finally, do you ask your dealership to not overfill the oil? They are so stupid i worry about this. Last time I did ask them about this.

cheers

What yo are talking about is rotating the tires ,it will ensure even wear and should be done every 8-10 thousand miles

but will not take care of your air pressure loss.

There are many reasons that can cause an air leak.

Check the stem air valves, a little soap and water or even spit in the opening and look for air bubbles, visually check the tires for nails, remove the tire , place in a tub of water and look for air bubbles. As said , re sealing the tires at the rim could also resolve the problem.

Dear OP,

First tell them your plan. You want that they only put on the rear left tire on the front left wheel and vice versa. Let them check the wheels by using a machine that shows how the tire's running in real life.

Sometimes funny to see a 300/ 179 difference, which would be a shaking of the wheel, or similar without wheels.

The alignment of the wheels can take a while,. but it's really very useful for all car owners.

Once that's done let your car receive a very good alignment treatment at a well known Cockpit shop.

Then you'll have the feeling to drive in a new car. Cheers-thumbsup.gif

P.S. Put 31 in all tires, you can't do anything wrong by that.

Edited by lostinisaan

What yo are talking about is rotating the tires ,it will ensure even wear and should be done every 8-10 thousand miles

Check the stem air valves, a little soap and water or even spit in the opening and look for air bubbles, visually check the tires for nails, remove the tire , place in a tub of water and look for air bubbles. As said , re sealing the tires at the rim could also resolve the problem.

It could be a visible thing. Whenever looking at the rear wheels it looks like not enough air's inside.

It's different when looking at the front wheels. There's usually the engine and it looks completely different.

Takes a minute to check and fill in 31 in all tires can't be a mistake.

And when down the tires can make the swimmer test by holding it into a container full of water....thumbsup.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

It could be a visible thing. Whenever looking at the rear wheels it looks like not enough air's inside.

It's different when looking at the front wheels. There's usually the engine and it looks completely different.

Takes a minute to check and fill in 31 in all tires can't be a mistake.

And when down the tires can make the swimmer test by holding it into a container full of water....thumbsup.gif

I think it has already established that the rear tires are a little low in air, and IMO the safe assumption would be that they have a slow leak

Rotating them, tough advisable will not do anything to change the slow leak, if indeed that what the problem is.

I had the same problem with my wife's Corolla, the pressure sensor would indicate low pressure at the passenger rear tire, I would fill the tire to the desired pressure and a few week later, again low pressure indication.

The first thing I checked was the valve, I took the cup of and actually spit in to the valve, I immediately show a small bubble form that slowly grew, I tried to tighten the valve with a valve tool, a very simple and inexpensive tool consisting if a forked one end and a handle on the other end, it did not resolve the problem, So the problem was not a lose stem, but a leaky stem

I purchased a valve stem for a couple of dollars replaced the old one , and end of problem.

If the valve was not the problem, I would visually inspect the tire for defects or damage

many times after looking at a tire, you can plainly see a small nail sticking out of it.

If not run your hand over the tire, maybe you can feel something.

These are the easy things to do and should be done first.

If those things dont resolve the problem, you need to take it to the next level. Submerge the tire and it will immediately reveal the problem. Many times it is the seat of the tire on the rim.

All things the tire place can do for you while they rotate and balance your tires, which is something you need to do periodically anyway.

I've had my pickup for a year and a half now and its due for the 3rd service this month.

Ive noticed that the 2 tires at the back are always a bit down on air. The 2 at the front seem to be consistently ok.

Should I ask the isuzu workshop to swap them from front to back or do you think its better to go somewhere professional like the 'cockpit'.

Its really hot here where I live and the air con is ok but wanted to ask what can be done to service it? Have you ever had your air con re-gassed.

Finally, do you ask your dealership to not overfill the oil? They are so stupid i worry about this. Last time I did ask them about this.

cheers

They love to overfill oil.

Probably for the same reason they love to overfill the tank at the gas station.

Economical reasons.

Edited by Lampang2

cheers

They love to overfill oil.

Probably for the same reason they love to overfill the tank at the gas station.

Economical reasons.

Where's your gas station....?

Hard to get them to top off the fuel around here.....

On the tires....I have mine rotated/balanced/re-aligned around every 10k....

The front tires "scrub" during turns while the rear tires do not....Rotating them helps to balance out the different ways front versus rear wear and give you longer tire wear....Same side rotation is OK & some say it's better than cross rotating due to heat & belt "set".....

when you want to get the most life possible from your tires. There are several benefits to having this service performed regularly. Not only can you get more life on the tread, but youll also experience better vehicle handling and increased gas mileage, helping to save quite a bit of money over the long-term.

1. Extended Tire Tread Life

Tires have a tendency to wear unevenly due to many different factors, including terrain, temperature and driver habits. Performing a periodic tire rotation will help to balance out the wear on your tires, which may prevent many possible unwanted problems. Pattern wear can develop from turning the same tire in the same direction for thousands of miles. By changing the tires, often performed by moving the front tires to the back of the vehicle and vice versa, any pattern wear can be avoided. Similarly, front-wheel drive vehicles increase the burden on the front tires, due to the fact that they require the added duty of driving the vehicle, as well as steering it. Swapping these with the back tires at regular intervals helps to spread out wear. Including the spare tires in the rotation can increase the life of all tires by up to 20%.

2. Increased Vehicle Performance

When tire rotation is avoided for too long, the performance, riding comfort and stability of your vehicle can be compromised. Whichever tires do most of the handling on your vehicle can be swapped out, giving fresh tread for the task of stopping on wet roads and gripping in the snow. Also, when tires are unequally stressed due to differences in wear, road friction is created. This friction may contribute to other problems, including loss of balance and front-end misalignment.

3. Increased Gas Mileage

When you rotate tires regularly, it decreases the amount of work it takes for the vehicle to drive. When tire wear is spread evenly, vehicle pull and road friction are alleviated and traction and stability are increased. All these factors help the engine to run more smoothly and efficiently, decreasing the amount of gas it takes to propel the car. Less gas used equates to better overall gas mileage for the vehicle.

4. Save Money

Money can be saved in so many ways when regular tire rotation is performed. All of the above points can contribute to more money spent over the long run for the life of your car. When you rotate tires approximately every 7,500 miles, youll help to avoid costly mechanical repairs, save money on gas and on the purchase of new tires, by extending the life of your current tires as much as possible. Some simple math factoring in all these points will show you that spending the small fee for a regular tire rotation can add up to much less money spent when compared to putting your vehicle and lifestyle in danger of costly breakdowns, frequent mechanical repairs and even potential accidents.

don't know what you originally posted but you are completely right.

tyre rotation is a myth that should have been killed off many years ago. it might save you a few bucks but could cost you your life.

you always have the best tyres on the back, no matter if you have front wheel drive or rear wheel drive or both, particularly when driving a ute / pick up that is low on weight on the rear axle.

if you drive unloaded, like 90% of all ute drivers do world wide, reduce the tyre pressure on the real 15% BELOW recommended. it will give you a larger footprint and better grip in extreme situations.

a lot of good tyres these days are directional, so you can not cross them over, anyway.

my advice: check your tyre pressure every 14 days and when you only buy 2 new ones, put them on the rear.

Edited by manfredtillmann

don't know what you originally posted but you are completely right.

tyre rotation is a myth that should have been killed off many years ago. it might save you a few bucks but could cost you your life.

you always have the best tyres on the back, no matter if you have front wheel drive or rear wheel drive or both, particularly when driving a ute / pick up that is low on weight on the rear axle.

if you drive unloaded, like 90% of all ute drivers do world wide, reduce the tyre pressure on the real 15% BELOW recommended. it will give you a larger footprint and better grip in extreme situations.

a lot of good tyres these days are directional, so you can not cross them over, anyway.

my advice: check your tyre pressure every 14 days and when you only buy 2 new ones, put them on the rear.

Can't agree with this. In a FWD the front tires both steer and accelerate and do 70% of the braking. Rears just along for the ride. And in a RWD the front tires steer, and do the same % of braking. So best tires - FWD RWD AWD - should be on the front.

Same side front to back rotation is OK. If you put a set of 4 tyres on they probably didn't balance the back 2 so they will need balancing. Your A/C should be good for several years before needing a recharge.

Yes, keep an eye on how much oil is going in. Have a new oil filter everytime you change the oil. Depending on mileage put in a new fuel filter. In the dry dusty area where I live I'd be doing the air filter too. And you may have a filter on the A/C inlet....worth checking.