A good samaritan

Tywais

In terms of being blamed if you help, is that an urban myth, or has it actually happened to someone?

I read that Thais won't come to your aid, something to do with bad spirits or disturbing your spirits, or some such belief. Is that a myth?

The death of Wang Yue was caused when the toddler was run over by two vehicles. The entire incident was caught on a video, which shows eighteen people seeing the child but refusing to help. In a November 2011 survey, a majority, 71%, thought that the people who passed the child without helping were afraid of getting into trouble themselves.

That video was just horrid, one of the saddest thing I have ever seen in my life. I was extremely angry, sad and basically could not in the slightest comprehend the coldness of those who stood by.

I dragged them off and plugged the wound, doing the ABC (Airway, Breathing, Circulation) until the ambulance arrived, he went off and got treated.

Remember the 'DR' ABC

Danger to yourself or others. Response.

No point rushing onto the road to help someone if you put yourself in danger.

Many years ago I was at street markets in BKK and a Thai guy got hit by a car (thankfully not too seriously) right near me. The first responder was a cop who was shouting at the guy lying in street. Soon after I found out the traffic cop was yelling at him to get off the road [emoji16]