HTC 10 revealed, best phone on market. S7 killer.

Here we go HTC 10 revealed.
Awsome phone. To my research best on market and price orite.
On sale in may but you can preorder.

Apart of it top specs like cameras battery audio etc. Its got adaptive storage enabled! Its android 6.0 feature that expand and treat your sd card as internal storage. So if your phone is 32GB you put 200GB sd card it becomes 232GB.

Mind that other brands like samsung s7 or LG G5 disabled it, and force you to buy thier 16GB 32GB 64GB phones.

HTC 10 comes in 32GB and 64GB expandable to 2TB sd card!!

http://www.htc.com/us/smartphones/htc-10/

http://www.phonearena.com/news/HTC-10--specs-review_id80174

http://m.gsmarena.com/htc_10-7884.php

http://www.cultofandroid.com/79921/htc-10-lands-with-stunning-design-awesome-specs/#more-79921

Dimensions and Weight

145.9 x 71.9 x 3.0 - 9.0 mm, 161g

Display5.2 inch, Quad HD (2560 x 1440 pixels)Pixel density at 564 ppi (pixel per inch)Super LCD 5Curve edge Gorilla GlassDisplay colour personalisationBattery and Charging SpeedCapacity: 3000 mAhTalk time on 3G/4G network: up to 27 hoursStandby time on 3G/4G network: up to 19 daysPower saving modeExtreme power saving modeQuick Charge 3.0 with cool chargeUp to 50% charge in 30 min

CPU Speed

Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 820, Quad Core, 64bit, up to 2.2GHz

MemoryROM: 32GB / RAM: 4GB (Config 1)Available storage for users: about 23GBROM: 64GB / RAM: 4GB (Config 2)Available storage for users: about 52GBExtended memory: microSD up to 2TBFlex Storage supported

f3897b9c08bf18337cd3b01b111134e6.jpg

2ae5012708a2be6ed2f935a2b8b6088d.jpg

I can't help but wonder if the mis-spelled title of the OP will be accurate when the Chinese bloatware comes to call....

I just bought a high spec, new model Huawei phone (Octa-core, 4G RAM, full HD screen, blah, blah) and I love the performance, but can't wait until there's a published root so I can stop getting the bloatware and the upgrades for bloatware I'm not even sure I have. In Chinese. Even though I have the language set to English.

Spec's ain't everything. Still, I got about 8-10 hours of battery life on my old Galaxy S2, and I'm only down to 90% over the same period with the Huawei, so it's a reasonable trade-off.

I can't help but wonder if the mis-spelled title of the OP will be accurate when the Chinese bloatware comes to call....

I just bought a high spec, new model Huawei phone (Octa-core, 4G RAM, full HD screen, blah, blah) and I love the performance, but can't wait until there's a published root so I can stop getting the bloatware and the upgrades for bloatware I'm not even sure I have. In Chinese. Even though I have the language set to English.

Spec's ain't everything. Still, I got about 8-10 hours of battery life on my old Galaxy S2, and I'm only down to 90% over the same period with the Huawei, so it's a reasonable trade-off.

HTC 10 no bloatware at all

Ho Ho Ho. I laugh on you. No bloatware on a smartphone- any smartphone. That's a good one.

Ho Ho Ho. I laugh on you. No bloatware on a smartphone- any smartphone. That's a good one.

Htc states that for a fact that they did not put any on htc 10 do your research before you speak man. Its even on ther web page somewhere in phone desc.

e4e852d1655b05db10ba61caee1b7de7.jpg

Not had a chance to caress such a wonderful bit of kit as yet..

HTC do make some very high quality gear. Including the first ever consumer Android device!
I'm looking forward to getting my sticky paws on one of these.

The so called "bloatware" is usually added by the service providers. Blame them.

HTC do of course add their own launchers and skin, and on the whole they have develop some outstanding applications and they do a lot improve Android's functionality!

$700.00? No wonder it's reviled.

It's in the same price range as the Samsung S7 and LG G5, so competitive.

Wouldn't pay the same $700 price for either of those models, either.... Not for a mobile phone.

In a year or two when the same phone(s) are selling for half that price or less, then maybe.

Or, today, buy a top-end OnePlus or Motorola phone, and pay half the above quoted price.

Like all these 'high end' phones, it is over priced.

Personally I think Asus have a good line of reasonably priced phones with very good performance.

To me, being able to root the phone is essential. Then you can take control of the phone and shut down all the useless apps you will neverr use, and remove the bloatware.

On another note: what is the point of a 5 inch display with 2560x1440 pixels? Pixel density is way beyond what the eye can resolve. I have a QuadHD (very bad terminology, by the way) 12.5" tablet, and even at that size, it is more than is needed.

The so called "bloatware" is usually added by the service providers. Blame them.

HTC do of course add their own launchers and skin, and on the whole they have develop some outstanding applications and they do a lot improve Android's functionality!

I'm skeptical of the first claim, since I have 3 smartphones from Samsung, ASUS and Huawei and none of them came with a SIM, and all of them have bloatware. It's another revenue stream for them, and though the manufacturer may be the key, each time I buy one, there's more crap on it that wants me to store stuff in the cloud (free, at first..), use their payment system, download from their proprietary Play Store, etc.

Skins and launchers, I have no problem with. Phoning home, pushing unwanted apps, unsolicited updates and payment methods (Like ApplePay, without the reputation), pushing $$ cloud storage, and God only knows what else is going on when some of the bloatware demands all kinds of inappropriate permissions (why does my camera app need access to my contacts and my browsing history for me to take a photo?), and refuse to be uninstalled or disabled.

My company's IT guys make a hobby of rooting phones for us, but they haven't found the root for the Huawei yet because it's a new OS. (KIW-AL10 if you have a suggestion)

And to BeefSlapper, "reduced duplicate apps and bloatware" and "Choosing the best from Google and HTC" is hardly the same as "no bloatware, we promise". Let's see how it looks when they start shipping in May.

Not that I'll be buying one. I have enough bloatware to fight off. The Samsung is retired- and is now my backup, the ASUS doesn't get a SIM- it's a 7" phablet that I use for travel videos (it was my backup), and the Huawei will be rooted at the first opportunity. It's got great spec's, cost only $220 and gives great battery life. Shame I can't trust that it isn't taking photos when I'm not looking and sending all my secrets to its Chinese masters in God knows where.

And I'm with WhizBang on the ASUS. It's by far the best value of my 3 phones. And they have great higher-spec 5-5.5" phones for 7,000-9000 baht. I'm wishing I'd bought one of them.

If you don;t like the bloatware - disable it. Simples.

Wonderful thing about Android is YOU can do what you want with it. customise it til the cows come home - install one of a million firmwares - remove what ever you don't need - no need to pop-up on someone's thread whining and moaning!

It's almost as if you came here to denigrate HTC's wonderful devices.

Thanks

Wonderful thing about Android is YOU can do what you want with it. customise it til the cows come home - install one of a million firmwares - remove what ever you don't need - no need to pop-up on someone's thread whining and moaning!

Thanks

You mean that thread that reads as an advertisement touting the undeniable greatness of a product that hasn't even shipped, much less survived the rigors of public use?

Gotta wonder if we don't have some digital nomads making a little on their endorsements. Then get others (or maybe not others) to whine about people who question the wonderfulness of what they're touting.

You wanna post and not get questioned? Pay for the ad space and then nobody can reply.

I never realised this post was for whining and moaning about bloatware, and what ever digital nomads do.

I guess the thread has been hijacked and reduced to yet another moan and groan for the perpetually bored old grumpties.

You wanna post and not get questioned, indeed.

this is not advertisement, its for ppl looking to buy new phone, just like me at the moment, Its simple recommendation

But yeah some old farts moans here

and if you cant afford it, just dont comment its expensive and that, perhaps you are skint not the phone is expensive smile.png

I can't comment for after sales in Thailand, but certainly HTC have been very good in my home country.

I dont own a HTC in Thailand based purely on the horror stories I hear from mates in Thailand that did once own a HTC.

Beefslapper. I don't doubt the technology contained within the HTC 10 is currently the best but it means nothing when aftersales service is zero.

Well u got guarantee right and can post it back. There must be htc store in thailand.

I never needed any after sale services anyway in ages. So dont bothers me at all.

https://m.facebook.com/HTCthailand/

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Thanks

If only it was that simple.

For example. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 9.7. Some Samsung services have to be running to use MS Office. If they are disabled, they won't launch and you can't re-install them.

Archived