Thai PM says women in skimpy dress are like unwrapped candy

webfact

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been watching "Bringing happiness to the Thai people" show with Prayuth and he says women should dress properly and decently. He's being interviewed by a woman wearing a tidy outfit nothing revealing until the camera pans out at the end of the show. She's been sat directly in the eye line of the PM no table between them, in full view, wearing a mini shirt. A mini skirt, way above the knee. Did she part those legs? Who knows the camera was always above her waist line throughout the show until the panning out shot at the end. Was there a Sharon Stone "Sliver" type moment, only the PM could tell you. A mini skirt, disgusting and my 9 year old son was watching, he's in shock.

Topless dancer causes stir at RCA night club.

This is the farangs fault. Prayuth said the west has introduced these ways to Thailand. Look at the presenters dressed in western clothing and even Prayuth has fallen victim to western ways, he occasionally dresses in a suit and tie.

I always thought he was modelling himself on Austin powers Dr evil with his fantastic taste in clothing. It could catch on. I might get an Indian tailor to knock me up a suit in prayuths honour.

Very interesting. Now: You took power in order to cool down political tension, achieve national reconciliation in a few weeks, to be followed by elections shortly after. In May. 2014. How are you getting on with that?

I find this sort of comment from the Leader quite strange! While we all know what goes on in Nana,Pattaya and other red light areas does he not know what happens up country in many places.. Was at a village do just outside Lamphun a few years ago and the 'dancers' would not be out of place in a GoGo bar in patpong ! Lovely looking girls and outrageous...Also in the grounds of a temple to raise money for the very same Temple ! A well known entertainment place in Lamphun, Rodeo bar, has had girl singer coming on topless and only her long hair covering,just about,her boobs. Then at the end of her song she slowly poured a bottle of water over herself ..The crowd went wild and nobody showed disgust but generally all taken lightly and as fun.. I actually thought it wa surprising in a area were visitors are rare and says a lot for What is accepted and expected in many places outside the tourist areas... Nice girl too as had a few drinks with her after her show as was friendly with some of the other singers and dancers..

Edited by Nigeone

Khun PM these women dresses in revealing close is what bring many men tourist to your country. You should allow the Thai women to wear bikinis more often so the Thai men do not become so excited when they see a lady in a bikini. Please get with the rest of the world who does not condemn skimpy dresses. But just admires the beauty of a lady.

The rest of the world does 'condemn' skimpy dresses. You do this in USA or UK you'll get in trouble. You walk around in skimpy outfits in non-beachy areas you could get arrested for indecent exposure. At a minimum everyone will think the girls a slag or something and look down on her.

I'd go so far as to say if there was a global skimpy scale, Thailand already scores pretty high on it. I see a *lot* more girls in short-shorts and tummy-tees here than in any other western country (including USA, specifically California).

If we were to blame it on the weather, only need to look south to Singapore where it's hotter, more humid, and far less skimpy.

If girls were any more skimpy there just wouldn't be a clothing industry :P

Time and Place for Everything.

It may seem odd to say 'okey' to nana and walking street for running around with no clothes but not okey for everywhere else. But that's generally how it is the world over.

In US, its okey to wear a bikini at the beach, but not at the supermarket.

It's okey to be without clothes at a nude beach, but not when you go to the office.

It's okey to shout 'chug chug chug' at spring time during a beach party, but not to hold the same atmosphere outside the national museum.

Time and place for everything....

I think he simply wants to prevent complete spill over of what goes on in Nana/Walking Street to all of Thailand. And nothing wrong with having 'designated' areas for designated activities.

Right now its accepted 'walking street' 'nana' this is that sort of thing. You chalk it up to being the club scene. But if you start to see that happening in broad daylight outside Siam Paragon, then you start to wonder what's going on :P

Topless dancer causes stir at RCA night club.

This is the farangs fault. Prayuth said the west has introduced these ways to Thailand. Look at the presenters dressed in western clothing and even Prayuth has fallen victim to western ways, he occasionally dresses in a suit and tie.

I always thought he was modelling himself on Austin powers Dr evil with his fantastic taste in clothing. It could catch on. I might get an Indian tailor to knock me up a suit in prayuths honour.

Just been watching "Bringing happiness to the Thai people" show with Prayuth and he says women should dress properly and decently. He's being interviewed by a woman wearing a tidy outfit nothing revealing until the camera pans out at the end of the show. She's been sat directly in the eye line of the PM no table between them, in full view, wearing a mini shirt. A mini skirt, way above the knee. Did she part those legs? Who knows the camera was always above her waist line throughout the show until the panning out shot at the end. Was there a Sharon Stone "Sliver" type moment, only the PM could tell you. A mini skirt, disgusting and my 9 year old son was watching, he's in shock.

Found this photo from this Thai media source:- http://www.dailynews.co.th/politics/391923

post-221427-1460790455891_thumb.jpg

Found this photo from this Thai media source:- http://www.dailynews.co.th/politics/391923

Far too much flesh on display. You can see her ankles

Thai PM says women in skimpy dress are like unwrapped candy

I like candy too, and her sister... gigglem.gif

What next???

Blame the coup on the last PM's skirt being too short... cheesy.gif

The logic behind that is more believable than the intention to fight corruption & return happiness to the Thai people

In my neck of the woods (khet Dusit, Bangkok) I only saw the same as every year. Flowery shirts, women skirts, men shorts and all wet and somewhat 'white' at times.

May it be that the 'skimpy' dresses are mostly in full view where tourists are ?

In my neck of the woods (khet Dusit, Bangkok) I only saw the same as every year. Flowery shirts, women skirts, men shorts and all wet and somewhat 'white' at times.

May it be that the 'skimpy' dresses are mostly in full view where tourists are ?

I've seen it up in nakhon sawan & the surrounding areas. Hardly any tourists up there & a big army influence & that was pre coup

Just been reading the Thai news and it appears an American man has been arrested for muff diving in public. Nice picture of them both at the police station with the girl looking contrite and the said American giving his best Wai. Yes .....that Wai just shows he is fully familiar with Thai culture and is a man full of respect for it.

Will no doubt get it's own thread sometime tomorrow followed by a few hundred posts.

Edited by Denim

Just been reading the Thai news and it appears an American man has been arrested for muff diving in public. Nice picture of them both at the police station with the girl looking contrite and the said American giving his best Wai. Yes .....that Wai just shows he is fully familiar with Thai culture and is a man full of respect for it.

Will no doubt get it's own thread sometime tomorrow followed by a few hundred posts.

Apparently the Thai woman went to the police and made a complaint after it was posted online. She has been exonerated, the American has apologised to her and is still facing charges. He has been held 100% responsible.

Apparently the Thai woman went to the police and made a complaint after it was posted online. She has been exonerated, the American has apologised to her and is still facing charges. He has been held 100% responsible.

Posted online? Who'd do such a thing?? whistling.gif

https://youtu.be/rMDReE7kKAM

Predictable.

"Women are like candy." -- Did he really say that?

Not even Donald Trump would say anything so sexist.

Women are like candy... you never know what you're going to get.

Women are like candy... so sweet.

Women are like candy... ones not enough.

It's a perfectly acceptable and viable analogy. After all, girls are made from sugar & spice :)

And they come in so many alluring shapes, colours and sizes.

But can be downright dangerous for your health and wallet