116 Die in Songkran Traffic Accidents

webfact

No real change then. I must say I think it is a joke to make a big thing of road safety during the major holidays, the daily average death toll is over 50 all year round. There should be massive road safety program on TV and radio and a real police crackdown on offenders. But then TIT.

Thank g-d there is at least ONE other intelligent and well-informed person seeing through this sensationalist story-line. My back-of-envelope number-crunching made it 55 traffic-related deaths a day average.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No real change then. I must say I think it is a joke to make a big thing of road safety during the major holidays, the daily average death toll is over 50 all year round. There should be massive road safety program on TV and radio and a real police crackdown on offenders. But then TIT.

Thank g-d there is at least ONE other intelligent and well-informed person seeing through this sensationalist story-line. My back-of-envelope number-crunching made it 55 traffic-related deaths a day average.

So, that's alright then? 50 plus a day - no problem, no need to sensationalise it. Seems like the intelligence measure has hit a new low.