Easy to Transfer Money Out of Thailand?

jacobsladder

I'm coming to work in Rayong. I currently live in China and sending money home is a nightmare involving showing passport, contract, tax receipts, payslips and other stuff. Before living in China I lived in Egypt. I had a standing order every month that transfered money directly to my home country. Really easy.

How easy is it to send money home from Thailand? Probably US$2000 to US$3000 a month. Thanks in advance for info,

Edited by jacobsladder

I have heard that you have to prove where the money came from.Might need to say there's A hardship at

Home.I have heard of people on this site that have had trouble.Easy to get money into Thailand.Not so easy to get it out.

I don't know about a monthly thing but after working here several years and heading back to the US, I got a cashiers check from my Thai bank made out to my US bank in dollars. Other than showing my passport for ID, I had no problem.

• 4 weeks later...

I have heard that you have to prove where the money came from.Might need to say there's A hardship at

Home.I have heard of people on this site that have had trouble.Easy to get money into Thailand.Not so easy to get it out.

If the cash has been brought in legally or your working here with a WP pretty easy to get the cash out