Five killed in road accident in Phichit province

webfact

Five killed in road accident in Phichit province

PHICHIT: -- Five people died and two injured in a fatal car accident involving two pickup trucks in Phichit’s Pone Thalay district Tuesday.

Initial police report said that one of the pickup-truck driven by Mr Wichai Suwan, an assistant village head in Village 6, Tambon Thungthong, Saithongwattana district of Kamphaeng Phet, jumped the lane and collided headon with an incoming car from the opposite direction which was driven by 22-year old Mr Cholathee Yooyong.

The impact from the head-on collision led to the death of Mr Wichai and four passengers in his car, two of them his family members.

The other truck driver, Mr Cholateee and his mother were injured.

Police suspected that Mr Wichai might have fallen asleep while driving causing his vehicle to lose control, jump the lane and collide with the car from the opposite direction.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/159435

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-04-14

Is anyone else confused? Was this a car and a pickup, or was it two pickups? Or was it a car and two pickups? Or was it just poor journalism?

As I understood, two pickups.

Understandable confusion from PBS. I think most can figure it out.

Initial police report said that one of the pickup-truck driven by Mr Wichai Suwan, an assistant village head in Village 6, Tambon Thungthong, Saithongwattana district of Kamphaeng Phet, jumped the lane and collided headon with an incoming car from the opposite direction which was driven by 22-year old Mr Cholathee Yooyong.

Is anyone else confused? Was this a car and a pickup, or was it two pickups? Or was it a car and two pickups? Or was it just poor journalism?

As I understood, two pickups.

Understandable confusion from PBS. I think most can figure it out.

It's not that confusing if you interchange the word 'car' with 'vehicle' - a pickup is a type of vehicle, therefore, for the purposes of this article, a pickup is also a type of car.

The crash in question:

post-140809-0-68930500-1460603173_thumb.

Edited by jamesbrock