Trouble-makers face detention in a 'morgue' in Buriram's Songkran celebrations

webfact

Great strategy! Making it known and visible just might be enough to prevent trouble. And if is not then get what comes!

PC brigade would prefer some ya baa ed up a-hole should be taken to a nice air con office and supplied tea and bickies?

And in the morgue they can sort out what they started.

News flash for the hard of thinking: human rights apply to all. It's not being PC to oppose there abuse-it's a duty. It doesn't matter what someone has done, extra judicial or vigilante action is wrong.

And if some intended trouble maker invites himself to your private property where you have an event occurring and proceeds to cause havoc you suggest that that abuse is equal to your own ? Human rights are not an exclusion for anti social behaviours which too often lead to deaths and injuries to the innocent. That sort of PC defacation is what is sending societies down the sewers!

Correctional edit.. you suggest that that abuse is equal to your own or superior to your own right to censure?

No idea what your edit is about.

Nonsense.

Newin, who is the embodiment of the abusive nature of power in Thailand, can provide whatever he wants.

He can throw out who he likes.

What he cannot do is act as the law and entomb those whose behaviour he dislikes.

He has no right to do so.

None at all.

Your first word was spot on, you do spout absolute nonsense,

He cannot?

Sorry, he can, he did and an extremely peaceful fun night was enjoyed by all.

Do you live in Thailand?

Surely you will lodge an official complaint about the human rights violations you say have been commited.

Go on – you said yourself in post #20 “its a duty” - do let us know how you get on with it.

Or is it that your posts on this matter are merely pompous pseudo intellectual nonsense from a sad keyboard warrior?

No, he cannot illegally entomb people because he doesn't like their behaviour.

He can throw them out, he can have them arrested [the BIB will do whatever he wants, such is his "influence"} or he can refuse them entry.

This is the behaviour of a man who has power and abuses it.

The behaviour of a man who represents all that is wrong with the culture of immunity that exists for the rich and powerful.

As to whether I live here or not, none of your business, but you may note the times I post at. Even you can work it out from that.

As for your last sentence, looking into a mirror when you came up with that collection of sad little cliches perchance?

Was this the same guy that forced troublemakers to fight professional nak muay in the ring? They would be beaten if they refused. When they fought he made them get up to take further punishment to satisfy his warped mind. How'd this nutcase get so wealthy? He has the mind of a violent criminal

Good for him. It seems like we have a bunch of Hillary Clinton supporters on this site. Do gooders.

This is Asia. People are ruled differently and they don't react to soft western democracy tactics. Perhaps they huld be put up in the best hotel, given counseling, a swimming pool. And good food? Maybe their vitamin count is low?

He can throw them out, he can have them arrested [the BIB will do whatever he wants, such is his "influence"} or he can refuse them entry.

The behaviour of a man who represents all that is wrong with the culture of immunity that exists for the rich and powerful.

As to whether I live here or not, none of your business, but you may note the times I post at. Even you can work it out from that.

As for your last sentence, looking into a mirror when you came up with that collection of sad little cliches perchance?

You repeatedly say he cannot when he can and in fact he did. You probably mean he shouldn't.

Similarly, he didn't entomb anyone; troublemakers were imprisoned or confined, not buried or interred.

It seems that English is probably not your first language, so let me explain:-

Someone who quotes Voltaire and Terry Pratchet on a forum does so in an attempt to to appear intellectually superior to his readers, therefore “pompous psuedo intellectual” is quite apt.

Equally, “sad keyboard warrior” accurately describes a person who's views on the human rights of troublemakers are so strong that it becomes a duty; keen to display his outrage anonymously via his keyboard but reluctant to actually do something.

“All mouth and no trousers” (Arthur Daley) springs to mind.

I think you'll find that the time of a post is local Thai time, how can your location can be determined from that?

Your “into a mirror” comment is straight from the school playground so maybe you should update your English Language textbooks.

You repeatedly say he cannot when he can and in fact he did. You probably mean he shouldn't.

Similarly, he didn't entomb anyone; troublemakers were imprisoned or confined, not buried or interred.

It seems that English is probably not your first language, so let me explain:-

Someone who quotes Voltaire and Terry Pratchet on a forum does so in an attempt to to appear intellectually superior to his readers, therefore pompous psuedo intellectual is quite apt.

Equally, sad keyboard warrior accurately describes a person who's views on the human rights of troublemakers are so strong that it becomes a duty; keen to display his outrage anonymously via his keyboard but reluctant to actually do something.

All mouth and no trousers (Arthur Daley) springs to mind.

I think you'll find that the time of a post is local Thai time, how can your location can be determined from that?

Your into a mirror comment is straight from the school playground so maybe you should update your English Language textbooks.

It is staggering that you can be so wrong about every single point you make.

It would be laughable if not for the dangers that lie in your support, defence and justification of thugs employing extra judicial vigilante tactics and the abuse of power they wield. In this case when they entomb or threaten to entomb people because they want to exercise their power in a visual manner.

And yes I know exactly know what entomb implies. It is apt.

Upon such support abusive, authoritarian elites rely.

Finally I need do nothing to imply intellectual superiority. Some posters are "hoist by his own petar" to quote a man who knew all about the abuse of power.

Edit:correcting aspects of what is according to some my second language. Am also incidentally searching for my first. If anyone finds it, please pm me.

Edited by Bluespunk

We need to get away from describing these wealthy individuals as elite. It does nothing but stroke their ego. Take them out of their comfort zone & there's nothing elite about them. They abuse the social & economic situation they find themselves in thanks to their questionable & unusual wealth. A petty criminal(in the grand scheme of things) would behave with a similar mindset I. E do as they please with little regard for the social consequences or rule of law. Let him start a football club in Europe if he's elite. After all that's what the thai model is based on and aspires to. My experience with thai businessmen & women in Europe is that they profit through the exploitation of their own people.

Ah poor, misunderstood Newin.

Years back when it was reported that bird flu had been discovered he, as a member of Thaksin's then cabinet, was right in there denying it and saying anyone who claimed the disease was in Thailand wasn't a patriot.

Newin and everyone else involved were lying through their teeth in order to protect poultry exports and when the truth came out a month later he wasn't sacked, wasn't required to resign and didn't offer to because it was all done ' for the country '. People like him consider they're above everyone and everything as power and wealth sees them through in accordance with the way things tend t

It would be laughable if not for the dangers that lie in your support, defence and justification of thugs employing extra judicial vigilante tactics and the abuse of power they wield. In this case when they entomb or threaten to entomb people because they want to exercise their power in a visual manner.

Finally I need do nothing to imply intellectual superiority. Some posters are "hoist by his own petar" to quote a man who knew all about the abuse of power.

Edit:correcting aspects of what is according to some my second language. Am also incidentally searching for my first. If anyone finds it, please pm me.

Your reply is just spurious nonsense.

You rely on a generalisaton saying I am wrong on every single point I make, but are unable to refute or even answer many of them.

You say I support thugs who threaten to bury or inter people, which is not true.

I actually support people who consider the human rights of innocent families are more important than those who cause mayhem at public events.

You will find on page 29 of your Boys Own Book of Quotations :-

'The end excuses any evil,' (Sophocles c 409 B.C.) - just because it's old does not make it right, although in this case it is, because the recipients of the punishment are not innocents.

In conclusion I must say that I am surprised that the moderators have allowed this thread to run.

Comments by yourself and others sail very close to the wind with regard to Thailand's draconian libel laws.

Are you given some sort of dispensation because of “special needs”?

Edited by dimple joe

You rely on a generalisaton saying I am wrong on every single point I make, but are unable to refute or even answer many of them.

You say I support thugs who threaten to bury or inter people, which is not true.

I actually support people who consider the human rights of innocent families are more important than those who cause mayhem at public events.

'The end excuses any evil,' (Sophocles c 409 B.C.) - just because it's old does not make it right, although in this case it is, because the recipients of the punishment not innocents.

In conclusion I must say that I am surprised that the moderators have allowed this thread to run.

Comments by yourself and others sail very close to the wind with regard to Thailand's draconian libel laws.

Are you given some sort of dispensation because of special needs

My but you are an apologist of the worst type.

My post contains all that needs to be said by me on this subject.

You are defending the indefensible and cloaking it in this coating of "innocent families".

You imply I am defending those who cause trouble by doing so.

I don't.

I have said from the start that trouble makers should be removed or arrested {Newin being who he is can ensure the BIB do his bidding.Not a good thing when you think about it...}.

What he cannot do [and I mean cannot in the legal sense of the word, the situation, one you defend, being as it is, this man can act with impunity as he considers himself, with justification to be above the law} is entomb people in cells he has had built.

The fact you defend this situation is beyond the Pale.

Edited by Bluespunk

'The end excuses any evil,' (Sophocles c 409 B.C.) - just because it's old does not make it right, although in this case it is, because the recipients of the punishment not innocents.

Are you given some sort of dispensation because of special needs

You are defending the indefensible and cloaking it in this coating of "innocent families".

I don't.

I have said from the start that trouble makers should be removed or arrested {Newin being who he is can ensure the BIB do his bidding.Not a good thing when you think about it...}.

What he cannot do [and I mean cannot in the legal sense of the word, the situation, one you defend, being as it is, this man can act with impunity as he considers himself, with justification to be above the law} is entomb people in cells he has had built.

Has anybody heard if the morgue has been utilized in fact? Or did the threat of it obviate the need? smile.png

To all the do-gooders and seekers of soft justice for lawless spoiled rotten kids.....put them up in your house, yes you! In your extra bedroom, feed them. Buy them a ticket from wherever they live and rehabilitate them. Gently care for them and they will be fine.

To all the do-gooders and seekers of soft justice for lawless spoiled rotten kids.....put them up in your house, yes you! In your extra bedroom, feed them. Buy them a ticket from wherever they live and rehabilitate them. Gently care for them and they will be fine.

If this is the way the father act's it's not a giant leap to think his kids will be of a similar mindset. It happens all the time here with influential thais, their kids grow up thinking they're above the law. It obviously doesn't help when they've learned from their parents actions

I don't.

Are you are being deliberately obtuse?

Is it your second language and special needs issues that cause your lack of comprehension?

Or is there something else that makes you rely on half truths to support your contentions?

The words “entomb” and “cells” have been introduced by you in a cynical attempt to make the situation appear much worse than it is.

Please re-read post #1; the words used are “detention” and “morgue”.

Do you and your PC pals really believe that Newin built the morgue and employed security staff so that he could boost his ego and abuse the human rights of some unfortunates for his personal gratification like a villain in a James Bond film?

Or could it be that he made sure it was well publicised so that miscreants who had heard about the Muay Thai and Cage incidents would think twice about causing trouble because in this instance they understand that there will be consequences if they misbehave?

More difficult questions for you to grasp I know, so I'll give you a clue:- the latter is true.

The troublemakers behaved or stayed away, there are no reports of any untoward incidents.

If you still disagree with his actions, you can still make a complaint report.

If you have the courage of your convictions that is; or are you just a pathetic blowhard?

I don't.

Is it your second language and special needs issues that cause your lack of comprehension?

Or is there something else that makes you rely on half truths to support your contentions?

The words entomb and cells have been introduced by you in a cynical attempt to make the situation appear much worse than it is.

Please re-read post #1; the words used are detention and morgue.

Do you and your PC pals really believe that Newin built the morgue and employed security staff so that he could boost his ego and abuse the human rights of some unfortunates for his personal gratification like a villain in a James Bond film?

Or could it be that he made sure it was well publicised so that miscreants who had heard about the Muay Thai and Cage incidents would think twice about causing trouble because in this instance they understand that there will be consequences if they misbehave?

More difficult questions for you to grasp I know, so I'll give you a clue:- the latter is true.

The troublemakers behaved or stayed away, there are no reports of any untoward incidents.

If you have the courage of your convictions that is; or are you just a pathetic blowhard?

Yep, all empty threats and no consequences as usual, Thai way.....

I don't.

The words entomb and cells have been introduced by you in a cynical attempt to make the situation appear much worse than it is.

Please re-read post #1; the words used are detention and morgue.

I stand by everything I said.

In particular my contempt for you and your support for vigilante justice (in effect no justice) and defence of elites abusing the legal system.

What you fail to grasp is that the lack of faith exhibited by the populace in the legal system is in large caused by the realisation that the law does not apply to the rich. They can do what they wish without any fear if long term consequences. Actions such as the one this thread is focused are examples of how little they have to fear from the law.

P.S. Has anyone found my first language yet?

Edited by Bluespunk