Obama says US has 'momentum' in fight against Islamic State

webfact

Obama says US has 'momentum' in fight against Islamic State
By JOSH LEDERMAN and KEVIN FREKING

LANGLEY, Va. (AP) — President Barack Obama says the U.S. and its partners have the momentum in the fight against the Islamic State group and intend to keep it.

Obama is speaking at CIA headquarters after a meeting with his national security advisers. He's reviewing progress in rolling back the extremist group from territory in Iraq and Syria and in killing its leaders.

Obama says the fight remains difficult. He says Islamic State extremists are "depraved terrorists" who remain able to inflict horrific violence on innocent people.

But Obama says Islamic State leaders wake up every day knowing it could be their last.

Obama says the U.S. will also keep working to secure a diplomatic resolution to Syria's civil war. He says a fragile ceasefire has reduced violence for Syrians but hasn't eliminated it.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2016-04-14

More like Putin is winning the fight against the terrorists. He is the one who has taken to fight to ISIS and the US funded rebels. Obama was backing the Saudi led fight against Syria but backed off because it would mean declaring war on Russia and China.this would have strengthened ISIS.

You cannot believe anything Obama says about Isis

After all he thinks they are Junior Varsity .

Thank god he will be out of office soon

But before you go out to celebrate, look at the next possible POTUS:

Hiliary - even better than Obama?

Sanders - better do your tax planning now as you will be definitely be paying a lot more of it.

Cruz - Hmmmm. Anyway he is unlikely to win.

And there is the other guy who never seemed to make an impression and I have forgotten his name.

Trump - Yes, we all understand the rage of many people who feel that the government has left them behind. But there would go the economy and the USA's place in the world.

The best bet might be if either the democrats or the republicans could not get a clear winner in the primaries and it becomes an open ballot at the conference. This might kick up some wildcards - apparently anyone can put their name into the hat as long as they are a party member (but please don't flame me if this is not correct - I have long become overwhelmed and completely bored with the morass that is the selection process with super-delegates and all the rest).

I am sure that there have to be at least 10,000 people in the USA who would make good presidential candidates. Then why are we stuck with such a lineup of numties? Something is definitely rotten in the process - dealing with power of the donors who dictate the candidate right from the get-go in the primary selection process by limiting their donations would be a start.

You cannot believe anything Obama says about Isis

After all he thinks they are Junior Varsity .

Thank god he will be out of office soon

Yeah after all the guy before him was such a raging success, at the end of his term he could state, "I am not even thinking of Bin Laden", the man who caused the loss of so many American lives in New York and elsewhere. Ask Donald Trump what he thought of that.

I think the only way the US is going change is by an uprising of the people. A revolution! The corporate world and bankers are too entrenched in the political process and no one man (president) will have the power needed for change

Last I read some group of Islamists funded and armed by the CIA were fighting with other bunch of Islamists funded and armed by the Pentagon.

All this freedom and democracy stuff just goes from the sublime to the bizarre. Well at least the US funded terrorists are killing each other rather than someone else I suppose, for now anyway.

Its absurd for Obama to be saying these things at the CIA, or anyplace where US analysts work. After all, it is widely known the administration has pressured analysts to revise their reports on DAESH or suppress their findings entirely; momentum? Its even clear from Obama's language the target audience was not the CIA, rather the idiots that still listen to the drivel he utters. In the strangest of possibilities, DAESH could have lost recent momentum- but it would not be from Obama; and this would not be the first time Obama has claimed credit for something that is not his work. Were Obama to actually have momentum against DAESH it would thwart every single action and initiative Obama has had previously with regard to DAESH.

Obama's entire administration will go down in history for two things: 1. Empowering jihad/DAESH and 2. Obfuscating the empowerment of jihad/DAESH. (Oh, and 3, lawlessness).

Its absurd for Obama to be saying these things at the CIA, or anyplace where US analysts work. After all, it is widely known the administration has pressured analysts to revise their reports on DAESH or suppress their findings entirely; momentum? Its even clear from Obama's language the target audience was not the CIA, rather the idiots that still listen to the drivel he utters. In the strangest of possibilities, DAESH could have lost recent momentum- but it would not be from Obama; and this would not be the first time Obama has claimed credit for something that is not his work. Were Obama to actually have momentum against DAESH it would thwart every single action and initiative Obama has had previously with regard to DAESH.

Obama's entire administration will go down in history for two things: 1. Empowering jihad/DAESH and 2. Obfuscating the empowerment of jihad/DAESH. (Oh, and 3, lawlessness).

I agree its a bit like the pressure that was brought to bare on the CIA to support the invasion of Iraq which resulted in the loss of thousands of American lives cost trillions of dollars and the resulting destabilization of that region as predicted by one of the main instigators of that debacle.

More like Putin is winning the fight against the terrorists. He is the one who has taken to fight to ISIS and the US funded rebels. Obama was backing the Saudi led fight against Syria but backed off because it would mean declaring war on Russia and China.this would have strengthened ISIS.

Exactly. Hasn't Obama been told? The CIA are increasing weapon supplies to ISIS.