young farang arrested for throwing water over a thai on soi bukahao.

dirtycash

i witnessed yesterday outside r-con hotel and corner bar on soi buakao. songkran had just started around 1pm, it was a laugh to see some people hated to be soaked but all took it in good humour ( i used to actually hate songkran ) but yesterday it was funny for most part.

then i seen an elderly thai man get off his motorbike shouting at a young foreign guy, foriegn guy did not bite back but walked away, i thought nothing else of it but 20 minutes later the cops arrive in pickup with lights flashing, dumb <deleted> thai man points to the farang guy and police take him and also the boss of the bar away from the crowd. a little while later one bar girl who works in the bar started telling people the thai idiot started to punch the farang guy in front of police , btw the farang was obviously on steroids and did not look like some fool. next thing the 2 of them were put into back of truck and taken away.

now , why to hell did this old fool go get the cops , he knew full well not to go into soi buahkao if he did not want soaked , everyone got soaked including me. why did he feel the need to go to police and why did the police even bother to listen to him, maybe he was some kind of hi so big boss ?

one foreign guy who was blind with the help of a thai woman got by and everyone left him alone and respected the fact the guy was blind. also a young girl from 7-11 walked by and laughing showed her badge to say she was in uniform at work and needed to get by, again everyone respected her wishes.

would love to know the outcome between the elderly thai idiot and the farang guy.

Edited by CharlieH
language removed

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a couple of big farang guys absolutely drenching all and sundry. It did look a bit menacing imo, as well as absurd. They did come across as a pair of overgrown bullies. It's much less menacing when Thais drench you for some odd reason, perhaps they know how far to go. It's probably all innocent fun, but it's inappropriate shall we say. Most people will take in good spirit, however sooner or later someone will object. maybe, they are just waiting for this to happen! I hate Songkran, the thing is you just giving licence to people to act crazily- often too people who act crazily under normal circumstances anyway.

Arrest everyone that drenches people who obviously do not want it.

It's supposed to be CONSENSUAL.

It's supposed to be MUTUAL.

Tossing at moving motorcycles trying to get them to crash ought to be a serious crime.

OK, maybe ONE DAY of craziness, stay home if you don't want it.

Many people need to go about their business without getting drenched.

Edited by Jingthing

Any time I saw someone aged standing back but interested I'd just lightly squirt gun around their ankle or foot area as their dress would allow....

Never failed to get a nice surprised smile and thankful acknowledgment back.....

Kind of kept them in the game & not forgotten -> after all - their Songkran was celebrated a lot more respectfully years ago.....Many must watch the current mess with bemused horror....

PLUS it probably keeps more than a few from venturing out to their temple to pay their respects & tributes.....

The Thais nobody sees are there.....Others are trapped/shut inside by what it has become....

Long story short - the steroided ape was wrong....When in doubt = respect ......

Edited by pgrahmm

this is why I used to clear off out of the country at Songkran.... too many farang idiots about... I used to enjoy water fights when I was 5 years old... it amazes me that some people actually go to Thailand for this every year!

cheesy.gif

Only farang play with water at Songkran in Thailnd?clap2.gif

Good I hope they arrest more farangs and fine them 100 baht each like the shirtless guy in CM. Or maybe 100 baht for each squirt, that will silence them quickly .

this is why I used to clear off out of the country at Songkran.... too many farang idiots about... I used to enjoy water fights when I was 5 years old... it amazes me that some people actually go to Thailand for this every year!

cheesy.gif

in Soi Bua-Khao Pattaya yes... it mainly is the farang.... especially the idiots thumbsup.gif

Why do you assume it was about water? You do not say that anyone threw water on the guy... sounds like there is much more to the story...

"the farang was obviously on steroids and did not look like some fool"

if you find out the rest of the story, let us know but glad that people are enjoying and being respectful at appropriate times.

Sonkran is great for small kids, they really enjoy soaking adults ... it's not often they get the chance to do that. But soaking old men is a bit much. I've been in Pattaya during Songkran and there are some foreigners and Thai's (certainly not all) who are borderline malicious in the way they behave. I'm in Chiang Mai and it's a little more civillised, but there will still be the few who take it too far. The good news is that it is only three days here, a reason to celebrate.

its become similar to the spring break phenomenon in florida in the usa

younger types and wet t-shirt type stuff and people driving around in pick-ups squirting. has a frat party feel in many areas.

i think the traditional vibe is past its time. feels more like just a playground for tourists.

cheesy.gif

in Soi Bua-Khao Pattaya yes... it mainly is the farang.... especially the idiots thumbsup.gif

Ha ha so you so far go "out of country;)

Ps

Not realy be in soi bua-khao in Pattay.

So even not argue with you.

;)

How do you tell?

It seems to me that anyone out of doors between the 8am on the 13th and the midnight on the 20th (Jomtien) is fair game and asking for it. Personally I have a fridge full of beer and food and I wont even be opening my front door before the 21st, and that way I know that I will stay perfectly dry and happy.

I tell my favorite Song Kran story every year. A Thai dressed in a suit and tie was walking past a bar and explained to the girls that he was going to an important meeting and didn't want to get wet. He got drenched. He went back to his room and changed his clothes. The second time, he got drenched again. He turned around and headed back to his room again. Ten minutes later a firetruck pulled up in front of the bar. The high pressure hose knocked over people, tables, stools and also knocked all the bottles off the bar. The third time he walked by, he pointed at the culprits and said, "I asked you not to get my wet". Apparently the guy had some horsepower.

I tell my favorite Song Kran story every year. A Thai dressed in a suit and tie was walking past a bar and explained to the girls that he was going to an important meeting and didn't want to get wet. He got drenched. He went back to his room and changed his clothes. The second time, he got drenched again. He turned around and headed back to his room again. Ten minutes later a firetruck pulled up in front of the bar. The high pressure hose knocked over people, tables, stools and also knocked all the bottles off the bar. The third time he walked by, he pointed at the culprits and said, "I asked you not to get my wet". Apparently the guy had some horsepower.

Horsepower as well as hosepower.

It's supposed to be CONSENSUAL.

It's supposed to be MUTUAL.

Tossing at moving motorcycles trying to get them to crash ought to be a serious crime.

OK, maybe ONE DAY of craziness, stay home if you don't want it.

Many people need to go about their business without getting drenched.

Arrest everyone....the overcrowded jails in your dangerous home country is a testament that this is a foolish suggestion.

You must show some restraint when dealing with the elderly they are frail and remember we are all going in that direction.

but its ok to throw it at younger people on bikes as they wont break so many bones eh?

But apparently no car.

How do you tell?

It seems to me that anyone out of doors between the 8am on the 13th and the midnight on the 20th (Jomtien) is fair game and asking for it. Personally I have a fridge full of beer and food and I wont even be opening my front door before the 21st, and that way I know that I will stay perfectly dry and happy.

I'm not going to take your silly BAIT but I will say your information about JOMTIEN is totally wrong.

It peaks on the 19th in JOMTIEN.

There is NO WATER on the 20th.

Cheers, dude.

"dirtycash" sounds like the real idiot.

Songkran has nothing to do with throwing buckets of water on people, or shooting giant water guns at them, or turning hoses on them and wasting vast amounts of water

for absolutely no reason except to show what an idiot you are.

How do you tell?

I'm not going to take your silly BAIT but I will say your information about JOMTIEN is totally wrong.

It peaks on the 19th in JOMTIEN.

There is NO WATER on the 20th.

You're probably right. I dont get involved in it at all so I wouldnt know. I just know that it lasts a full week and I dont go out until it's all over. I know when that is because they have music in the streets in Jomtien on the last day, and massive traffic jams, so it's easy to know when they have gone.

As a retired person with nothing to do I never know what date today is anyway, without looking at a calendar.

When i first came to Thailand Sonkran was very nice , just a little water splattered over you , but if you said no , then people respected your wishes , now its just a load of idiotic stupid tourists throwing buckets of water and equally stupid Thai idiots . i hate it .sad.png

When i first came to Thailand Sonkran was very nice , just a little water splattered over you , but if you said no , then people respected your wishes , now its just a load of idiotic stupid tourists throwing buckets of water and equally stupid Thai idiots . i hate it .sad.png

when i first came here in 1996 it was madness down on silom soi 4.

i have never seen anything like it. pure chemical fueled hedonism at its finest.