young farang arrested for throwing water over a thai on soi bukahao.

dirtycash

Arrest everyone that drenches people who obviously do not want it.

It's supposed to be CONSENSUAL.

It's supposed to be MUTUAL.

Tossing at moving motorcycles trying to get them to crash ought to be a serious crime.

OK, maybe ONE DAY of craziness, stay home if you don't want it.

Many people need to go about their business without getting drenched.

Spot on.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for the old man. Some uninformed people here were saying that all Thais should accept the hideous Songkran water fight as part of the culture, and that Thais who don't enjoy it should leave. What nonsense, really.

Elsewhere, we heard about extreme reactions like stabbings, but here we can see an example of an elderly Thai gentleman who reacted appropriately to this utter rudeness - an assault on his freedom to go about his business in peace.

Edited by dbrenn

forgot to mention the old thai fool was not even drenched, maybe a squirt of water on him but definately no bucket over him. also he looked about 50 years old so hardly a pensioner. also he was just as big as the younger farang guy. old ladies were allowed past, ladies selling food were not touched.

so....he is still an absolute dik head in my view

Arrest everyone that drenches people who obviously do not want it.

It's supposed to be CONSENSUAL.

It's supposed to be MUTUAL.

Tossing at moving motorcycles trying to get them to crash ought to be a serious crime.

OK, maybe ONE DAY of craziness, stay home if you don't want it.

Many people need to go about their business without getting drenched.

Arrest everyone....the overcrowded jails in your dangerous home country is a testament that this is a foolish suggestion.

Compare road deaths per 100,000 of the population in the US and Thailand, and you'll admit that Jingthing has a point and eat your silly words about the US being more dangerous in any context of road safety. Thailand consistently makes it into the top five globally, ranking alongside third world African countries. Allowing the roads to be used as a playground during a national festival contributes to the thinking that playing with traffic is safe family entertainment.

forgot to mention the old thai fool was not even drenched, maybe a squirt of water on him but definately no bucket over him. also he looked about 50 years old so hardly a pensioner. also he was just as big as the younger farang guy. old ladies were allowed past, ladies selling food were not touched.

In the OP it was an "elderly Thai man" and a "farang obviously on steroids"

Good for the old man. Some uninformed people here were saying that all Thais should accept the hideous Songkran water fight as part of the culture, and that Thais who don't enjoy it should leave. What nonsense, really.

Elsewhere, we heard about extreme reactions like stabbings, but here we can see an example of an elderly Thai gentleman who reacted appropriately to this utter rudeness - an assault on his freedom to go about his business in peace.

i smacked a guy in the face who thought it was hilarious to soak us with a bucket of ice water at 8.30 am going to hospital appointment with new baby ......almost crashed bike

i left them at hospital and told them to take a taxi back ......i parked my bike and walked ......he was busy soaking someone else .......didnt even see it coming

never nice to be hit by surprise............but some people forget a need a reminder ....

An older guy in Chumpon was murdered a few years ago. He was on his way to his brother's home. He had died and the guy was wearing mourning clothes. He asked to be left alone, and this drunk took exception when the old guy complained after being drenched. Beat the crap out of him.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

a lot of guys that come for song kran do it because its a chance to piss people off and get away with it, ie they are bullies. they try all day to make people angry, so its good that the police cart a few away

Yes but it's a drop in the bucket. 55555

i smacked a guy in the face who thought it was hilarious to soak us with a bucket of ice water at 8.30 am going to hospital appointment with new baby ......almost crashed bike

i left them at hospital and told them to take a taxi back ......i parked my bike and walked ......he was busy soaking someone else .......didnt even see it coming

never nice to be hit by surprise............but some people forget a need a reminder ....

why you hit in the face?
You broke the jaw?
why not have broken arms?
Why do not you kill him?
You have just to satisfy your ego. Its mean injoy yourself.. As guy when soak you and you new baby( i guess "us" its you and NEW baby?)
On bike with NEW baby( what is?)?
Are you sure you love your child and care of they?

Bravo! Good for you. He deserved it.

Smacking him in the face not only restored a bit of justice to the situation, but no doubt brought you immense satisfaction too.

this is why I used to clear off out of the country at Songkran.... too many farang idiots about... I used to enjoy water fights when I was 5 years old... it amazes me that some people actually go to Thailand for this every year!

cheesy.gif

Only farang play with water at Songkran in Thailnd?clap2.gif

in Soi Bua-Khao Pattaya yes... it mainly is the farang.... especially the idiots thumbsup.gif

Ha ha so you so far go "out of country;)

Ps

Not realy be in soi bua-khao in Pattay.

So even not argue with you.

wink.png

ok, I wasn't arguing or even looking for it.... just stating my experiences thumbsup.gif

In the OP it was an "elderly Thai man" and a "farang obviously on steroids"

And no fool.

When i first came to Thailand Sonkran was very nice , just a little water splattered over you , but if you said no , then people respected your wishes , now its just a load of idiotic stupid tourists throwing buckets of water and equally stupid Thai idiots . i hate it .sad.png

I love it but I will join the hate club once I join the 50+ league.

Yeah, yeah, cool keyboard warrior story.

But going on a motorbike with a newborn baby. Must be really safe, so where exactly is the safety seat for the baby on your motorbike? Man, you should beat yourself up for putting new life in such an extreme danger.

Edited by Gutenberg

But going on a motorbike with a newborn baby.

Newborns are usually strapped to the driver in a front or back pack.

Then they progress to this sort of seat, fits in the footwell.

attachicon.gifclick.jpg

Not entirely true, newborns are carried in the hands of the mother in the back. Mostly because newborns cannot sit or even hold their head still.

Thais celebrate songkran as it's their cultural tradition. What's the excuse for the foreign morons? .If it wasn't a water fight & was a game of "tag, you're it" would foreigners still join in? It's moronic, childish & dangerous.

can be a man tries to join the Thai culture of his wife (girlfriend).

May be he good ( not as me) and try to follow thai wife(gf) thinkscheesy.gif .

PS

SO if foreigner do it "childish & dangerous."

If thai do it - "it's their cultural tradition"

Chauvinism?blink.png

Thais celebrate songkran as it's their cultural tradition. What's the excuse for the foreign morons? .If it wasn't a water fight & was a game of "tag, you're it" would foreigners still join in? It's moronic, childish & dangerous.

PS

Chauvinism?blink.png

If you can't view things as they are then where do you draw the line? Thais drive with kids on bikes & no helmets, let's copy them? Thais believe in a lot of supernatural & magic that is disproved by science & logic. Let's copy them & leave our brains in another country?

Any thai that is dangerously throwing water is a moron. It's so far removed from the traditional act it's not even similar.

The original concept was about respect & luck. It has morphed into a festival that shows a lack of respect & the only luck involved is if you'll be seriously injured or not. If your gf is a moron then it's probably best not to imitate her, unless of course you can't recognise that the behaviour is moronic.

If that's the case it sounds like a great relationship & a meeting of 2 similar mindsets...so much for a western education.

PS

Chauvinism?blink.png

If you can't view things as they are then where do you draw the line? Thais drive with kids on bikes & no helmets, let's copy them? Thais believe in a lot of supernatural & magic that is disproved by science & logic. Let's copy them & leave our brains in another country?

Any thai that is dangerously throwing water is a moron. It's so far removed from the traditional act it's not even similar.

The original concept was about respect & luck. It has morphed into a festival that shows a lack of respect & the only luck involved is if you'll be seriously injured or not. If your gf is a moron then it's probably best not to imitate her, unless of course you can't recognise that the behaviour is moronic.

If that's the case it sounds like a great relationship & a meeting of 2 similar mindsets...so much for a western education.

what line? I have no lines. for me all simular .its You did draw the line. speaking oabout what the excuse Thai and not exuese foreigne..

PC

for me not exuse for all thai or foreigne.. NO ANY LINE!!

that's why i say about Chauvinism.

And I try say it with humor..

wink.png

PS

Chauvinism?blink.png

what line? I have no lines. for me all simular .its You did draw the line. speaking oabout what the excuse Thai and not exuese foreigne..

PC

for me not exuse for all thai or foreigne.. NO ANY LINE!!

that's why i say about Chauvinism.

And I try say it with humor..

wink.png

It's hard to understand you clearly. English isn't your first language & then you post in a faint text.

My point is that if thais act like morons or act respectful during songkran then it's their culture, their tradition. It's not the culture of grown foreign men. To act like children as a foreign man is moronic. I really like your smiley faces though. It's very mature

Edited by SeniorNice

It's hard to understand you clearly. English isn't your first language & then you post in a faint text.

My point is that if thais act like morons or act respectful during songkran then it's their culture, their tradition. It's not the culture of grown foreign men. To act like children as a foreign man is moronic. I really like your smiley faces though. It's very mature

I get your point.

Sorry about my poor english..

my point is:

If foreign someone pours and this is man is moronic.

So Thai is simular. And not any exuse..

If exuse for Thai people so also can find exuse for foreignwai.gif

Not any Chauvinismthumbsup.gif

Everybody who throws water in the face of a driver on a motorcycle is braindead

Down here in bang saray it's a bit more subdued. With proper days being 19th and 20th...out yesterday with my 5yo on my bike and an idiot sprays water straight in my face..... Jail isn't good enough for morons like that!

Your English is fine, it's obviously not your native tongue but is far better than any attempt I could make to communicate in another language

. Don't be fooled,he foreget a sometimes and posts perfect English ,it's not my lavished either so can spot naughty boy easy