young farang arrested for throwing water over a thai on soi bukahao.

dirtycash

Good for the old man. Some uninformed people here were saying that all Thais should accept the hideous Songkran water fight as part of the culture, and that Thais who don't enjoy it should leave. What nonsense, really.

Elsewhere, we heard about extreme reactions like stabbings, but here we can see an example of an elderly Thai gentleman who reacted appropriately to this utter rudeness - an assault on his freedom to go about his business in peace.

i smacked a guy in the face who thought it was hilarious to soak us with a bucket of ice water at 8.30 am going to hospital appointment with new baby ......almost crashed bike

i left them at hospital and told them to take a taxi back ......i parked my bike and walked ......he was busy soaking someone else .......didnt even see it coming

never nice to be hit by surprise............but some people forget a need a reminder ....

Yeah, yeah, cool keyboard warrior story.

But going on a motorbike with a newborn baby. Must be really safe, so where exactly is the safety seat for the baby on your motorbike? Man, you should beat yourself up for putting new life in such an extreme danger.

They are not babies. They're air bags...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 63 and thank God in excellent health. Last year spent 2 days at a GF's friends place on On Nut in BKK playing Songkran. It was super fun.

This has been my first time in Pattaya and I've been loving it. Got stationed at different bars on Soi 6, 7, 8 or Soi Bukahao. I love water and it's been damn hot since the festivities started.

Now having said that the rules I try to follow are;

#1 If someone "waves me off" or says no I just don't wet them, duh common sense.

#2 Old people and small children. Gently pore a little water on their shoulder if they don't object or are not frightened.

#3 I get a bucket of ice water on my head I return the favor.

#5 NEVER throw a bucket of water in the face of someone driving a motor bike. If they stopped will pour it over their head nicely.

#6 The farang tourists across from us who where blasting us with those blue PVC water canons. Would run across the street throw by bucket then keep unloading on then in rapid fire from their own tubs. It was good fun because by the time they loaded up again I was getting blasted by 10 guys. I would just cover my ear so I didn't get blasted in the ear by one of those blue PVC guns. Hate those things.

I saw several Police Pickups with the beds full of those and saw at least 2 taken away from guys.

#7 Never put water on someone whose eating or drinking. Although I got a couple of frigid dowsings on the shoulder from girls while drinking my beer at the bar.

#8 Never throw water in the bar or restaurant.

I think that's it however if your outside i don't think you should be pissed at getting wet unless it's obviously malicious or dangerous. Soi 7 is by far the most active. I did feel a bit guilty from time to time knowing the dire straights we are in for water here. I was thinking it's like " Nero fiddling while Rome burns."

Only here we're "flooding the streets while the riverbeds dry and crack." Hey when in Rome...

Edited by joeyg

i witnessed yesterday outside r-con hotel and corner bar on soi buakao. songkran had just started around 1pm, it was a laugh to see some people hated to be soaked but all took it in good humour ( i used to actually hate songkran ) but yesterday it was funny for most part.

then i seen an elderly thai man get off his motorbike shouting at a young foreign guy, foriegn guy did not bite back but walked away, i thought nothing else of it but 20 minutes later the cops arrive in pickup with lights flashing, dumb <deleted> thai man points to the farang guy and police take him and also the boss of the bar away from the crowd. a little while later one bar girl who works in the bar started telling people the thai idiot started to punch the farang guy in front of police , btw the farang was obviously on steroids and did not look like some fool. next thing the 2 of them were put into back of truck and taken away.

now , why to hell did this old fool go get the cops , he knew full well not to go into soi buahkao if he did not want soaked , everyone got soaked including me. why did he feel the need to go to police and why did the police even bother to listen to him, maybe he was some kind of hi so big boss ?

one foreign guy who was blind with the help of a thai woman got by and everyone left him alone and respected the fact the guy was blind. also a young girl from 7-11 walked by and laughing showed her badge to say she was in uniform at work and needed to get by, again everyone respected her wishes.

would love to know the outcome between the elderly thai idiot and the farang guy.

I guess calling the police was the best option.. You never know these days..

Could have been a young Thai guy riding by.. Instead of calling the police, he calls 10 of his Thai buddies instead.

Or could have been on Farang on steroids going to the gym, then has a roid rage attack and goes nuts on an idiot throwing water at people on motorbikes..

I seen cops get soaked and that crap smeared in their face and were fine with it. Then seen cops chase after guys that thought it would be funny to throw water on cops in uniform.

" ...at 8.30 am going to hospital appointment with new baby ......almost crashed bike"

With a new born baby on a bike during Songkran?

To say it very very mildly and respectfully - the only word that come to mind is hilarious!!!

Congratulations, the way to go!

" ...at 8.30 am going to hospital appointment with new baby ......almost crashed bike"

To say it very very mildly and respectfully - the only word that come to mind is hilarious!!!

really they're not babies they're air bags...

Thais celebrate songkran as it's their cultural tradition. What's the excuse for the foreign morons? .If it wasn't a water fight & was a game of "tag, you're it" would foreigners still join in? It's moronic, childish & dangerous.

Actually the way it's celebrated now was started by backpackers on Khao San Road, you know the same types of people that found Thailand and so many love to put down. Thais started moving in on that road around 15-20 years ago and copied their version of Songkran all around the country,

Thais celebrate songkran as it's their cultural tradition. What's the excuse for the foreign morons? .If it wasn't a water fight & was a game of "tag, you're it" would foreigners still join in? It's moronic, childish & dangerous.

Actually the way it's celebrated now was started by backpackers on Khao San Road, you know the same types of people that found Thailand and so many love to put down. Thais started moving in on that road around 15-20 years ago and copied their version of Songkran all around the country,

post-64232-0-54811600-1458059528_thumb.j

a lot of guys that come for song kran do it because its a chance to piss people off and get away with it, ie they are bullies. they try all day to make people angry, so its good that the police cart a few away

Well used words from this poster, bullies, angry and police.

post-64232-0-54811600-1458059528_thumb.j

1950 CM

post-246924-0-53706700-1460867935_thumb.

No, I had the same problem at 4pm the day before (Tuesday 14th) Songkran.

Suan Dok hospital CM chucked all the patients out in the afternoon so staff could have Songkran off.

Nobody to pick up mum and child but me, and it's right on the CM moat, and they chucked water at us a day early.

Not everyone has the choice to use a car, or when they visit a hospital.

The OP doesn't say the 'roid freak farang threw water on the older but well built Thai on a motorbike. But the older Thai was already upset about something enough to go get the cops. Bit of a scrum and both get banged up. I would reckon the farang 'roid freaks 'personal trainer' came over to collect what was owed, was dissed and went and got the cops. Absolutely nothing to suggest to me that any perceived cultural mores had been transgressed here. Just a debt collection that went tits up.

Everybody who throws water in the face of a driver on a motorcycle is braindead

Down here in bang saray it's a bit more subdued. With proper days being 19th and 20th...out yesterday with my 5yo on my bike and an idiot sprays water straight in my face..... Jail isn't good enough for morons like that!

with my 5yo on my bike

who is idiot?blink.png

Or o something escapes from me?facepalm.gif

I tell my favorite Song Kran story every year. A Thai dressed in a suit and tie was walking past a bar and explained to the girls that he was going to an important meeting and didn't want to get wet. He got drenched. He went back to his room and changed his clothes. The second time, he got drenched again. He turned around and headed back to his room again. Ten minutes later a firetruck pulled up in front of the bar. The high pressure hose knocked over people, tables, stools and also knocked all the bottles off the bar. The third time he walked by, he pointed at the culprits and said, "I asked you not to get my wet". Apparently the guy had some horsepower.

Why didn't he change into a raincoat?

Down here in bang saray it's a bit more subdued. With proper days being 19th and 20th...out yesterday with my 5yo on my bike and an idiot sprays water straight in my face..... Jail isn't good enough for morons like that!

with my 5yo on my bike

who is idiot?blink.png

Never come out to the country if you think a father and his 5 year old son (assuming) on a motorbike during Songkran is idiotic.

Common sense should be used when it comes to throwing/shooting/squirting water at individuals on a motorbike.. If they stop by choice, then do what you do.. Just don't blast away at a moving motorbike.

Not all people have common sense.. So be responsible.. At least don't take your child out on a motorbike during Songkran.

I've become more understanding of the situation vice just shaking my head in disbelief of the things I see concerning young kids as passengers on motorbikes.

with my 5yo on my bike

who is idiot?blink.png

the knob head throwing the water and you obviously.

with my 5yo on my bike

who is idiot?blink.png

Never come out to the country if you think a father and his 5 year old son (assuming) on a motorbike during Songkran is idiotic.

Common sense should be used when it comes to throwing/shooting/squirting water at individuals on a motorbike.. If they stop by choice, then do what you do.. Just don't blast away at a moving motorbike.

Not all people have common sense.. So be responsible.. At least don't take your child out on a motorbike during Songkran.

I've become more understanding of the situation vice just shaking my head in disbelief of the things I see concerning young kids as passengers on motorbikes.

..... Iike to Pont out that this occured on 16th... Songkran in sattahip/bang saray is on 20th....so not it wasn't songkran. And up to tonight remains the only time I've seen any water throwing in bang saray so far....

with my 5yo on my bike

who is idiot?blink.png

..... Iike to Pont out that this occured on 16th... Songkran in sattahip/bang saray is on 20th....so not it wasn't songkran. And up to tonight remains the only time I've seen any water throwing in bang saray so far....

Heard it officially started on the 13th for 3 days.. Also know it goes beyond 3 days.. Seen children tossing water on the 12th...

Some fool apparently started Songkran on the 1st effective date in Thailand!! Not at the designated time Songkran started in your neck of the countryside..

Still in the time frame not to complain if you got water in your eyes that may have ruined your life..

with my 5yo on my bike

who is idiot?blink.png

Sattahip? That's so near Pattaya... More of a reason to keep your child off motorbikes --- all year!!

If we live here we have to accept that for 2-3 days every idiot, local and tourist, can do whatever they want (police responded? amazing, but good on them). For songkran its best to leave the country or lock yourself in the house. For those of us who have to go to work and responsibilities, there is no good answer.

with my 5yo on my bike

who is idiot?blink.png

And why only " during Songkran is idiotic"?

Only on Songkran work the laws of physics, the stage of development of the human body ( child 5 years still not full she formed many reactions, not formed bone matter, the physical strength to stay on the bike. and many more reasons.)? Only on Songkran Thailand in the top injury and death due to accidents and many it's people on motorcycles/scoters?

facepalm.gif

with my 5yo on my bike

who is idiot?blink.png

the knob head throwing the water and you obviously.

Who doused with water, I agree, a moron..

But he does not respect the life and health of a stranger to him and his children.

And Who is guy who do not respect life her child. do not care about health child?bah.gifblink.png

I even do not allow not my children to sit in the front seat of a car or without safety belts (not even in Thailand)..

I will never go back to a shit hole called Pattaya. I went two years ago. By accident had to see some friends. I got off the bus in Central Pattaya road. There was a crowd of over excited Thais. I just asked when I got off the bus to put my phone and valuables in a plastic bag along with my passport. The answer was &lt;deleted&gt; you then drenched in water. Rendering my phone permanalty u/s. Along with my passport. So that's the last time I am going to that shit hole. Now &lt;deleted&gt; you Pattaya.

Edited by Thongkorn

Good for the old man. Some uninformed people here were saying that all Thais should accept the hideous Songkran water fight as part of the culture, and that Thais who don't enjoy it should leave. What nonsense, really.

Elsewhere, we heard about extreme reactions like stabbings, but here we can see an example of an elderly Thai gentleman who reacted appropriately to this utter rudeness - an assault on his freedom to go about his business in peace.

i smacked a guy in the face who thought it was hilarious to soak us with a bucket of ice water at 8.30 am going to hospital appointment with new baby ......almost crashed bike

i left them at hospital and told them to take a taxi back ......i parked my bike and walked ......he was busy soaking someone else .......didnt even see it coming

never nice to be hit by surprise............but some people forget a need a reminder ....

You are an absolute disgrace of a Father. Driving a motorbike with a newborn on it is disgraceful at the best of time, doing it during Songkran is so reckless and stupid it beggars belief. Why did you not get a taxi if you have no car?. As a Father to two young girls I find your actions along with your attitude totally reprehensible.