Going To The Seaside

Neeranam

Last year I went to Surfers Paradise in Australia. This was in August and the water was freezing. The temperature was 7C one day - the coldest in Brisbane for 20 years. I guess very different at Xmas.

Also went to Scotland in December - again bloody freezing, although the family loved the snow.

We're planning holiday for next month and the family want the beach. What's the best value for money in your opinions? Is it crazy leaving Thailand to go to a beach?

Is there anywhere you'd suggest that has a good surf - in Thailand or nearby?

I went to Goa a few years back(about 15) and loved it there - could be an option. Anyone know if it's good for a family?

I've only seen it whilst driving along the coastal highway... but as an ex-surfer myself, it looked pretty good to me.

Nobody out though... perhaps it's not a Thai thing or maybe there were dangerous currents/rips or reefs in the area.

Last year I went to Surfers Paradise in Australia. This was in August and the water was freezing. The temperature was 7C one day - the coldest in Brisbane for 20 years. I guess very different at Xmas.

Also went to Scotland in December - again bloody freezing, although the family loved the snow.

We're planning holiday for next month and the family want the beach. What's the best value for money in your opinions? Is it crazy leaving Thailand to go to a beach?

Is there anywhere you'd suggest that has a good surf - in Thailand or nearby?

I went to Goa a few years back(about 15) and loved it there - could be an option. Anyone know if it's good for a family?

Why not Try Bribie island or Noosa anywhere on the sunshine coast ,guaranteed great weather , golden beaches, good surf and the natives are friendly, plenty of family orientated accomodation and the best and cheapest seafood in the world ,e.g today fresh off the boat kingprawns 9 bucks a kilo, :o Nignoy

I heard that Surin beach should be good for a surf...

Does someone know where these pictures are taken?

I would be very greatfull to know this spot!!!

Hint: if you right click on the photographs and select properties... they should lead you in the direction of a website about surfing in Thailand.

:o