Is the traanfer cheaper from Nokair chosen port of Air Asia one

Hi everybody, I will go to Samui from Bangkok.
Excluding the night bus (I am getting old) and Bangkok airways (too expensive); I have to choose between Nokair and AirAsia combined fly'n'ferry.
The first will arrive at Nar Ton pier, while AirAsia at Lipa Noi pier.
I read taxi in Samui are expensive (till 800thb from ports to chaweng or lamai) so I wonna ask if you experienced one of these if there are public or join organized transport from the ports.

Thank you

I think Nok air or Airasia, use Lomprayah fast ferry to get you across from Donsak to Nathon... (Airasia I think!) Lomprayah ferry services, provide a drop off service, anywhere on the island, for 150 or 200 baht... I think I saw 150 baht the other day. .

They divide up the mini buses to areas on the island... Just means you have to let the others get off at their hotel, unless yours is first!

Usually a desk at the terminal, or perhaps on the Donsak side.... works well!

Pretty sure this service is provided by all the ferry services... Seatran, Raja, and Lomprayah...

Nok Air use Lomprayah, they should make an announcement on board but if not just go to the food counter on the board and ask about their transfer service. It should be 150 baht anywhere on the island.

Air Asia use Raja, I see that Raja say they have a transfer service listed on their website but I have never used it so cannot give you the details of the cost or making arrangements.

If you are flying in via Surat Thani Airport both Lomprayah and Raja have counters in the arrival hall which you can contact to ask the details. I have only ever flown out of NST so I am not sure what counters in the arrival area there.

You can also book the flight to Surat Thani and the transfer separately if your preference of airline and ferry don't match. There isn't really any difference in prices, just check the times match up and allow for collecting baggage and any delays.

Nok Air use Lomprayah, they should make an announcement on board but if not just go to the food counter on the board and ask about their transfer service. It should be 150 baht anywhere on the island.

Air Asia use Raja, I see that Raja say they have a transfer service listed on their website but I have never used it so cannot give you the details of the cost or making arrangements.

If you are flying in via Surat Thani Airport both Lomprayah and Raja have counters in the arrival hall which you can contact to ask the details. I have only ever flown out of NST so I am not sure what counters in the arrival area there.

You can also book the flight to Surat Thani and the transfer separately if your preference of airline and ferry don't match. There isn't really any difference in prices, just check the times match up and allow for collecting baggage and any delays.

Thanks Bsd, thumbsup.gif I got my wires crossed ...over which airline used which ferry ! facepalm.gif

Just a side point .... Your comment about Bangkok air being too expensive is perfectly correct. In my opinion everything in Samui is too expensive, by a long way. One of the most over rated places that Iv ever been to.

Depends on where you are on Samui.... not all areas are expensive...

I read yesterday on the Phuket forum that Phuket was the most expensive place to go.... that too would depend on the area one is in....

Just a side point .... Your comment about Bangkok air being too expensive is perfectly correct. In my opinion everything in Samui is too expensive, by a long way. One of the most over rated places that Iv ever been to.

On a side note BYE BYE.

I never buy their combo tickets. When you arrive at the airport, as long as it's before 4PM, you can just buy the transfer yourself at the counters at the airport.

This way, you'll have the flexibility for example of flying with AirAsia and going with fast Lomprayah catamaran. There's also thai lion air, with very competitive prices.

Often some flights may not show up if you chose their combo tickets to Samui. Also, you actually pay MORE when you buy combo tickets through the airlines than if you buy at the airport counter. Don't worry, there is always space on the boats.

Just make sure you arrive before 16:00, because after this time, there won't be any buses going to the pier, and you'll be forced to hire a airport limo for 1600 to the pier. Look more info here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/802111-experiences-and-questions-in-regards-to-nok-air-or-airasia-to-samui/

I never buy their combo tickets. When you arrive at the airport, as long as it's before 4PM, you can just buy the transfer yourself at the counters at the airport.

This way, you'll have the flexibility for example of flying with AirAsia and going with fast Lomprayah catamaran. There's also thai lion air, with very competitive prices.

Often some flights may not show up if you chose their combo tickets to Samui. Also, you actually pay MORE when you buy combo tickets through the airlines than if you buy at the airport counter. Don't worry, there is always space on the boats.

Just make sure you arrive before 16:00, because after this time, there won't be any buses going to the pier, and you'll be forced to hire a airport limo for 1600 to the pier. Look more info here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/802111-experiences-and-questions-in-regards-to-nok-air-or-airasia-to-samui/

I am also thginking bout arriving surat at 19:00 by thai airways and then take the infamous night ferry from the city....... I hope i could find aa van to the city at 19:00 too