Austrian tourist found dead on Samui beach

rooster59

Austrian tourist found dead on Samui beach

post-247607-0-69760800-1460845262_thumb.

Photo credit – holiday pattaya

KOH SAMUI: The police in Koh Samui are baffled as to the cause of death of an Austrian tourist who was foundd ead in a deck chair on the beach this morning, Saturday 16th April.

The man was discovered by a hotel security guard who man found dead on the beach koh samuiinformed the police of his grim discovery at around 7am this morning. Pol Capt Danchai Buntam went to investigate the case. Along with medical staff from the Koh Samui hospital they arrived at the scene to find Florian Schweinjer (translated from Thai) dead on the beach lying on a pillow next to a sun lounger in front of a hotel. He was wearing a long sleeved shirt, a white woollen jacked and shorts.

There were no signs or injuries or a struggle. The man had been dead for around four hours. A can of soda, a wrist watch and two rings were found on the deceased man’s person, 6,700 baht was found in a bag along with a bottle of methadone, a drug commonly used by recovering heroin addicts.

The man had arrived on the island on March 28th. His body has been sent to Samui Hospital for an autopsy to establish the cause of death. Suicide has not been ruled out.

Source: http://www.samuitimes.com/austrian-tourist-found-dead-on-samui-beach/

samuitimes-logo.jpg
-- Samui Times 2016-04-17

Sad ending to a holiday plans, just as well he was discovered in time by the hotel staff and not by some beach bum

who would have relived him of his possessions adding to an already bad situation .......

The methadone might prove to be a vital clue into the cause of his death.

RIP to this guy.

I had an old friend from school days, who choked to death on his own vomit after mixing methadone with (lots of) alcohol.

Being as naiive as I am in such matters, I thought he only ever smoked weed. seems like he had been on heroin also.

Hi News Team,

I think it would be a very good idea, if you could just do some proof reading and spell checking of the news items that you post?? it does not take a lot of time and the results are well worth it>>>>

Hi News Team,

I think it would be a very good idea, if you could just do some proof reading and spell checking of the news items that you post?? it does not take a lot of time and the results are well worth it>>>>

Thai Visa News Team did not write this article, Samui Times wrote the article, you can contact them here:

http://www.samuitimes.com/contact-us/

Hi News Team,

Thai Visa News Team did not write this article, Samui Times wrote the article, you can contact them here:

So did your people load it onto this site, if so you need to look at what you load so as to improve the content of thai visa forum, if we start a good habit it may spread...

Hi News Team,

I suspect that's not exactly the response that hoffy66 expected to his suggestion:- "I think it would be a very good idea, if you could just do some proof reading and spell checking of the news items that you post??"

However, I also suspect that any alteration to another journal's articles would not be allowed when they give permission for such articles to be used in another media publication?

Hi News Team,

I suspect that's not exactly the response that hoffy66 expected to his suggestion:- "I think it would be a very good idea, if you could just do some proof reading and spell checking of the news items that you post??"

However, I also suspect that any alteration to another journal's articles would not be allowed when they give permission for such articles to be used in another media publication?

So if they had to get permission to reprint this article, would you think they might have thought to ask if it were okay to correct any mistakes they found, i mean after all , when you are presenting stories to a mixed population, some of who are not up to speed with the english language, i would presenting good english would be the way to go?? also where is the "duty of care" or does that not happen in this country...

Hi News Team,

So if they had to get permission to reprint this article, would you think they might have thought to ask if it were okay to correct any mistakes they found, i mean after all , when you are presenting stories to a mixed population, some of who are not up to speed with the english language, i would presenting good english would be the way to go?? also where is the "duty of care" or does that not happen in this country...

" would you think they might have thought to ask if it were okay to correct any mistakes they found,"

I don't profess to know anything about journalism, but I do know that what you are suggesting would not just be about losing face for the Samui Times, but a slap in the face for the journalist responsible for the article! You don't ask to "borrow" a News article and then set about altering it - either for correction or otherwise. If you wanted to deviously put in one or two false facts, then the Samui Times could be hit by a lawsuit - not you as it is their article that would be under question.

Also, you could possibly do with a proof reader of your own! :-

".some of who are not up to speed with the english language, i would presenting good english would be the way to go??"

Huh? And "English" should be capitalised

Most journalists make mistakes at some point best look on YouTube at sky news f ups always good for a giggle.

But can't knock the Thai visa group really I mean it's free what is there to complain about your not losing anything other than time you obviously wanted to kill otherwise we wouldn't be here reading the News. ;) be happy

Archived