Retirement In Thailand

Hi,

I live in the UK and I am now close to retirement (59yo). Later this year I intend to move permanently to Thailand. I think through reading this forum I now understand the financial requirements. My question is: When I move what are the entry requirements to enable me to then apply for the 1 year retirement visa? Can I enter on a 30 day visa granted at Don Muang or should I apply to the Thai Embassy in London?

You need a valid visa (30 day stay stamp is not a visa) so you should try to obtain a non immigrant visa prior to travel (Hull Consulate seems to be place of choice). Believe London would only issue tourist visa and although that can be changed in Thailand it is not routine and an extra step. Remember to make money transfer arrangements to meet the 800k in a Thai bank account. Most banks require a signed wire transfer agreement prior to sending funds and you will probably be here in Thailand when that has to happen.

Hi,

I live in the UK and I am now close to retirement (59yo). Later this year I intend to move permanently to Thailand. I think through reading this forum I now understand the financial requirements. My question is: When I move what are the entry requirements to enable me to then apply for the 1 year retirement visa? Can I enter on a 30 day visa granted at Don Muang or should I apply to the Thai Embassy in London?

You don't have to go to Hull, just use the mails.