Thai Airport Fees To Rise In October

george

Airports Of Thailand Plans To Raise Landing Fees In Oct

BANGKOK: --State-owned Airports of Thailand PCL (AOT.TH) plans to increase aircraft landing and parking fees by 20% this October, an executive at the company said Monday.

AOT Executive Vice President Serirat Prasutanond said landing and parking fees, which provided around 20% of AOT's 12 billion baht ($1=THB39.335) revenue last year, will rise after the company has improved facilities at Bangkok International Airport and invested in Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Suvarnabhumi Airport, the new international airport on the outskirts of Bangkok, is due to open in September 2005.

Serirat said the company will also raise landing and parking fees by another 15% next year.

Meanwhile, the company will increase the passenger service charge for international flights to up to THB700 per person next year, from THB500 now, Serirat said.

He said the charge for passengers on domestic flights could double to around THB100 from THB50.

--Dow Jones 2004-04-19

And in 10 years time it will be Bt10k but we still luv the place-right. :o

Re Don M.the stories that i have heard is that it will remain the main domestic airport-Bk>Chang Mai,Pit-san-a-luk,Udon etc.and poss.local international destinations like Phnom Penh,H.C.Min,K.l.etc.

Ideal for all the low budget carriers who in future will be flying us down to Singers or up to Rangoon for you latest visa (prob.by then Bt 1m for a 3 month single entry)

The fares however (-Soi Cowboy Airlines/Nana Airtours) will more than likely be at 10Bt 50 satang R/T but the departure tax will be as said Bt 10k. :D

Also the idea has been floated to utilise it (D.M.) as an international,duty free,hub freight transit depot which will again in time could be taken over and run by Tescos.

The last / latest suggestion from the "dear leader" is to to transfer the Thai.Parliament lock stock etc.with all related Government Offices,local authority,and the equivalant to Bangers quangos.

As far as the new gaff "Suvarnabhumi Airport".Cobra Swamp/Golden Pond is concerned I am quite happy since my place is in Sam Prat and it will only take 10 mins or so in a fast TukTuk to get to Hooters in See-Nak-a-Rin for my first pint. :D:D