What's the problem with western women in Thailand?

webfact

How is that a 'sweeping negative generalisation about posters on this site'?

I really have to respect your ability to redirect the conversation in order for you to try and win an argument. If someone talks specifics you talk generalities. If someone talks generalities, you come up with a specific example to try and prove them wrong. If someone asks you a question you answer it with another question. When someone answers your question with a specific well thought out detail that you cant disprove you just avoid replying at all. Since you refuse to have a normal conversation about this subject I will let it go.

Yep. You were wrong.

I admitted you beat me in your tactics of arguing. I even told you that I respect your ability to win an argument. That wasn't enough for you huh? Had to point out again that you think I was wrong. Since you like to define things, why don't you look up the definition of a "bad winner".

Exactamundo! Certain (constantly present members), are so insecure, they need to have last word on everything, even when being paid a compliment!wai.gif

The immediate following post #302, a withstanding example! Sighcoffee1.gif

Edited by TuskegeeBen
  • Like 1

What's the problem with western women in Thailand? I think I know the answer now. They tow in western men who don't know how to kill a thread.

Oh come on. I'm doing my best.

I think you need a bit of help. Allow me please:

My take on why women get negative attitudes is as follows: They are the harbingers of the death of an era. Thailand used to be the magical kingdom of ping pong balls, inhabited by jolly punters. A good old boys club, if you will. Women remind this funky bunch of the evil west, effectively becoming the faces of change.

While in reality it isn't their doing, still, they're seen as the enemy scouts. Much the same dynamics in play as with the current muslim refugees in Europe.

That said, I have the nagging feeling this'll be the new Top Gear thread.

You really need to read the true history of the contribution made by the British, Gaelic and Scotish womenfolk, to the creation of the British Empire. The unwavering dedication and loyalty to their menfolk, despite the monumental disenfranchisement endured by those women, clearly demonstrates an astonishing level of feminine fortituded.

There's absolutely no way, a western man will ever discover those foregoing characteristic traits, in an Asian female. Possessing the ability to walk hand-in-hand (together with her man) 3,000 mile (4,800 km) East-to-West, across the North American continent, while enduring the worse weather conditions imaginable; standing shoulder-to-shoulder with her man (often while pregnant with child) in constant battles against the hostile natives; often sacrificing her own life, in giving birth to children, along the way, is a contribution that has earned an over-whelming, good showclap2.giffrom any reasonably astute man, of any skin-color, or cultural background.

If you can find those same characteristic traits, in any Asian woman, from Istabul to Osaka, then rest assured that you have definitely Stargate traveled to some different planet Earth, in a totally different galaxy.

Give the credit, to where the credit is factually due. Asian (Thai) womenfolk do not possess the wherewithal to dance the Waltz. End of story.coffee1.gif

We are in the twenty-first century, not the eighteenth, right?

There are many falangs in Thailand who have their own form of aged care. They have a relationship with a Thai wife or GF where they will be looked after until they die. That's a bit of a contrast to the Western model of being shoved into a nursing home or aged care facility when care at home becomes too inconvenient.

It's an almost universal statistic in Western countries that 50% of marriages will end in divorce. So the chances of having a caring partner are the same as flipping a coin, or less if the relationship is one of form only.

Greetings from the Mrs.

Point well-made, first two paragraphs. The British Empire began to collapse, in conjunction with the British menfolk (arrogantly) ceasing to dance the cultural team-work "Waltz", together with their British womenfolk.

The events leading to the collapse of the most proliferated empire in human history, is a topic worthy of a totally different debate platform.

Again, the chickens have simply come home to roost, within the UK (soon the US), and blokes are running away to ignorant Thai (not Chinese) women, behaving like a bunch of Ostriches, in total denial of a home-grown reality, of their own making.

Time to grow-up, and face the inheritance music of your own forefather's compositions. That reality applies to all you Little Lord Fauntleroy (behaving), crybaby Winston Churchill type boys! giggle.gif

The viewpoint Thais ( male and female ) are ignorant is racist and offensive. I've come to realise Thais in many ways do things which are a lot smarter than the so-called Western culture.

I'm Australian. Be aware there are many people who do not share your admiration of the British Empire.

British trade in Asia consisted of addicting China to opium in exchange for tea.

Ironic isn't it. The immorality of Thais gets wide coverage. Step into any public phone booth in England and there will be 30 - 40 cards advertising the services of prostitutes.

There is a statue of Field Marshal Douglas Haig in Whitehall. Otherwise known as the Butcher of the Somme. So the British celebrate the person who almost single-handedly destroyed an entire generation of his countrymen. How ignorant is that?

Perhaps you also need reminding the Nazis did not invent concentration camps. The British got there first during the Boer War.

Personally, I admire the social cohesion and importance of family to the average Thai.

Inheritance music? With the class-ridden system still alive and well in Britain? Do me a favour - just shut up.

I've come to realise Thais in many ways do things which are a lot smarter than the so-called Western culture.

My favorite is lining all the boats up to push the floodwater away.

Closely followed by taking the country on an 'anti-corruption' ticket, then giving all the top jobs to family members.

• Like 2

Thing is, though - repeatedly having your views grossly misrepresented gets pretty tedious. So excuse me if I enjoy rubbing your faces in the mess you made for once.

Given your previous posts on education and career, I'd say you have relevance deprivation syndrome, and TV is your sole outlet.

What's the problem with western women in Thailand? I think I know the answer now. They tow in western men who don't know how to kill a thread.

Oh come on. I'm doing my best.

I think you need a bit of help. Allow me please:

My take on why women get negative attitudes is as follows: They are the harbingers of the death of an era. Thailand used to be the magical kingdom of ping pong balls, inhabited by jolly punters. A good old boys club, if you will. Women remind this funky bunch of the evil west, effectively becoming the faces of change.

While in reality it isn't their doing, still, they're seen as the enemy scouts. Much the same dynamics in play as with the current muslim refugees in Europe.

That said, I have the nagging feeling this'll be the new Top Gear thread.

An interesting take on things. A certain era does seem to be in decline here, but from what I gather its more just that not so many people are interested any more. The bars are still there, and presumably the ping-pong balls still fly, but there doesn't seem to be so many punters any more. Things are moving on.

But like the Buddha said, all things are impermanent.

There is a statue of Field Marshal Douglas Haig in Whitehall. Otherwise known as the Butcher of the Somme. So the British celebrate the person who almost single-handedly destroyed an entire generation of his countrymen. How ignorant is that?

Off topic, but totally understandable.

Haig was trained as a cavalry officer. In his day the way to win was to run at the enemy and reach them before they killed you all. The 'charge' was a winning strategy that worked throughout history until smokeless powder and the machine gun were invented. You should read his book 'Cavalry Studies - Strategical and Tactical'

Edited by BritManToo

Exactamundo! Certain (constantly present members), are so insecure, they need to have last word on everything, even when being paid a compliment!wai.gif

The immediate following post #302, a withstanding example! Sighcoffee1.gif

And other dictionaries have more straightforward less ambiguous meanings of the word generalize

to infer (a general principle, trend, etc.) from particular facts, statistics,or the like.
to infer or form (a general principle, opinion, conclusion, etc.) from onlya few facts, examples, or the like.

Thing is, though - repeatedly having your views grossly misrepresented gets pretty tedious. So excuse me if I enjoy rubbing your faces in the mess you made for once.

Given your previous posts on education and career, I'd say you have relevance deprivation syndrome, and TV is your sole outlet.

I've no idea what that's meant to mean. But I won't ask you to explain, because experience tells me that way leads down a long and tedious road.

Re: Post # 304

Typical "out-to-lunch" bloke, from the "island" continent reply. Do yourself a huge favor, sir! whistling.gif Take the primary level course, in English reading "comprehension" first, before ever posting to the TVF again.

wai.giftherwise, you'll succeed only with embarrassing yourself, in public.

Edited by TuskegeeBen

Haig was trained as a cavalry officer. In his day the way to win was to run at the enemy and reach them before they killed you all. The 'charge' was a winning strategy that worked throughout history until smokeless powder and the machine gun were invented. You should read his book 'Cavalry Studies - Strategical and Tactical'

Haig had the lessons of the American Civil War before him, and either ignored them or was unaware of them. Perhaps you should take a look at the film " Oh what a lovely war ".

Sorry, but asking me to read a book on outdated military tactics is about as sensible as asking me to read a book on phlogiston theory.

Re: Post # 304

Typical "out-to-lunch" bloke, from the "island" continent reply. Do yourself a huge favor, sir! whistling.gif Take the primary level course, in English reading "comprehension" first, before ever posting to the TVF again.

wai.giftherwise, you'll succeed only with embarrassing yourself, in public.

Right. So you deny the British invented concentration camps, or that Haig butchered a generation of Englishmen. If I'm a typical out-to-lunch Aussie, you're a typical class-ridden Pom.

I've no idea what that's meant to mean. But I won't ask you to explain, because experience tells me that way leads down a long and tedious road.

Just Google "relevance deprivation syndrome"

No thanks. Lets just stick to the topic, eh?

Haig had the lessons of the American Civil War before him, and either ignored them or was unaware of them. Perhaps you should take a look at the film " Oh what a lovely war ".

Sorry, but asking me to read a book on outdated military tactics is about as sensible as asking me to read a book on phlogiston theory.

Phlogiston theory? You really should heed my previous suggestion. It never ceases to amaze me, how some people can be so well-read, yet concurrently remain, so confounding ignorant.

Its no small wonder, why this is the last civiliz(s)ation of people, on Earth. The likes of educated "geniuses" like you, are definitely a contributing factor. I'll shut up now.

Sigh!whistling.gif

Edited by TuskegeeBen
  • Like 1

No thanks. Lets just stick to the topic, eh?

Ah. In the words of Jack Nicholson " You can't handle the truth".

Phlogiston theory? You really should heed my previous suggestion. It never ceases to amaze me, how some people can be so well-read, yet concurrently remain, so confounding ignorant.

Its no small wonder, why this is the last civiliz(s)ation of people, on Earth. The likes of educated "geniuses" like you, are definitely a contributing factor. I'll shut up now.

Sigh!whistling.gif

You're lecturing me on taking a course in English comprehension, and you use a phrase " confounding ignorant"? Sigh indeed.

I can't handle the tedium.

So, western women. Shall we talk about them for a change?

You've made 75 posts on this single thread, and YOU"RE complaining of tedium?

A couple of small bets I've made with myself:

1/ The tedium is all my fault.

2/ You've actually used Google, and didn't like what you saw.

So because Nigel's wife went off him, all western women are bad?

So because you think your Western wife is the greatest thing since sliced bread, all Western women are good?

Also to remember, SB claims no intimate experience with Thai ladies. So no comparison to make.

Having had a few of both, British lady in bed = not much fun, Thai lady in bed = very tired.

Your experiences may vary.

Mine do.

Thai women - been with too many to count, same with Western women

Western women win hands down

Thai women are lovely to look at and many age very well indeed but when it comes to technique and experience between the sheets, they lack imagination.

Thai women are only "sexier" for these guys because they can attract a 5 or a 6/10 here compared to the 3 or 4/10 they could manage in the Western pool.