Activists File 'Nepotism' Complaint Over Prayuth's Nephew

webfact

pigs_at_a_trough.jpg

The peoples view of Thai political families.

Trouble is they are envious rather than offended

They are conditioned to believe their lives are determined by what they have done in their previous lives.

The pigs at the trough are only reaping their just rewards for exemplary past lives

maybe next time they will come back as pigs and it will be their turn.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the click bait troll has done well to illicit replies.

Why oh Why do you people reply to such bait?

Please ignore such so "we" (actual concerned residents) can continue with a meaningful thread.

I think we have to understand how these so called elite think, 'anyone with less than xxxx amount in the bank is not fit for duty'

It why Thailand has so few "elite" world class sports people,

no money? no chance!

The click bait troll, makes me smile. I'm getting quite fond of the dj.

Yes thats cool but you are not falling for it and replying like so many are.

"Nepotism is the name of the game", absolutely scathing op-ed piece by Atiya Achakulwisut in today's BP, worth a read.

She's one of the few outspoken ones left. I noticed no column by Kong Rithdee last weekend, and Songkran Grachangnatera seems to have been attitude adjusted as well.

It amazes me that there are Westerners defending the junta, while at the same time demonizing Thaksin for similar offences that were relatively on a lesser scale. Censorship, intimidation, bullying, one-man rule instead of the rule of law, intransparency, amnesty... Everything they (rightly) despised about Thaksin is much worse now. I can only conclude it's an ego thing, or outright trolling.

Edited by ChidlomDweller

"Nepotism is the name of the game", absolutely scathing op-ed piece by Atiya Achakulwisut in today's BP, worth a read.

She's one of the few outspoken ones left. I noticed no column by Kong Rithdee last weekend, and Songkran Grachangnatera seems to have been attitude adjusted as well.

It amazes me that there are Westerners defending the junta, while at the same time demonizing Thaksin for similar offences that were relatively on a lesser scale. Censorship, intimidation, bullying, one-man rule instead of the rule of law, intransparency, amnesty... Everything they (rightly) despised about Thaksin is much worse now. I can only conclude it's an ego thing, or outright trolling.

"It amazes me that there are Westerners defending the junta"

As you are a relative newcomer with 23 posts, you are forgiven for over-estimating the discriminatory faculty of some of your elders on this forum, whose moral compasses seem to have gone native.

If ewverything concerning this young man's appointment was above board, as the good general says, then why was the command to employ him marked 'SECRET'.

Surely, secret is only for when you're trying to hide something - no?

Edited by Winniedapu

Or.....no, better not.

A new Junta government who is going to make Thailand better but i still believe nothing has changed. Corruption is the same just the faces and the titles have changed. This is a poor overlook of the new junta government rules and regulations. Still as always family matters!

I think it is necessary to bring this issue back to the subject so close to the heart of the dear leader, that of Thainess. Here we have some poor aimless offspring who wanders into the wastelands of the para statal business sector being rescued by his father. Very Thai. Then he applies for a position in the same business as his father and gains instant entry. Very Thai. From that position he will no doubt be promoted at warp speed to a high level post where he far exceeds his capabilities. Very Thai. An object lesson for all simple people to learn. Thainess is all about sticking it to everyone else around you.

I think we should all be congratulating those concerned for not only promoting Thainess but showing us ordinary people how it is achieved.

Surely this creates discontent within ranks of the army that worked (or bought) their way up to just have some higher ups yuppie, business school son to take a rank with absolutely zero military credentials?

Also, funny to notice how a certain poster hasn't dared to come back to counter any of the claims of hypocrisy.

He graduated from Naresuan University in Phitsanulok. I don't know where it ranks relative to other Thai universities, but I don't think it's near the top. I can find very little information about it, but I don't think it's a business school. Does anyone know anything about this university?

Why all the fuss? The young lad is just doing a bit of 'work experience'.

A great time to get a Commission in the RTA too. Wasn't it just a couple of weeks ago Commissioned Officers in the Thai Military are now authorised to stop, arrest, detain, search, seize, attitude adjust, and perhaps even waterboard. How lucky could you be!

The Public Affairs Department will probably welcome their new 'Subby' with a night out at their favourite Kareoke Bar. Nothing like a bit of CCR to get the party started .....

I'm not sure why everybody is so up in arms, appointing Patipat Chan-ocha, 25, along with probably 100's each year as a second lieutenant is no real crime. The problem here is his son is one of the ones getting promoted. Should the young man be denied the option to pursuit a life in the army because of his dad. Its not like he appointed his son as a General.

He might, next year....

Have you not seen the way all the top minister jobs are his old mates from the army or even worse, his immediate family.....

Surely this creates discontent within ranks of the army that worked (or bought) their way up to just have some higher ups yuppie, business school son to take a rank with absolutely zero military credentials?

Also, funny to notice how a certain poster hasn't dared to come back to counter any of the claims of hypocrisy.

Someone leaked the document to Facebook so, yeah I guess whoever deserved that job..... Maybe a little bit pissed about it....

I'm not sure why everybody is so up in arms, appointing Patipat Chan-ocha, 25, along with probably 100's each year as a second lieutenant is no real crime. The problem here is his son is one of the ones getting promoted. Should the young man be denied the option to pursuit a life in the army because of his dad. Its not like he appointed his son as a General.

Sorry, but no family members of friends should be allowed into contention for these positions. Is this fair? Maybe not. Is this setting an example of how nepotism isn't being tolerated anymore? Absolutely.

Positive discrimination. If the powers that be are genuinely serious and want to be believed, they need to lead by example. If we have to live in 'unfair' times for the greater good, then it has to be unfair for everyone; especially the people preaching. Sacrifice.

just so pucked with this.

problem is, i never expect better from captain queeg and his ship of fools.

never should a country's brightest people fear speaking.

unionists, rural workers, also can not speak, for fear.

i fear for this country's people.

eventually, it will implode.