Visitors Visa

My g/f is currently in UK with me and her visa expires on 18 August 2016. We however will return to Thailand on 12 May 2016.

Unfortunately we will not have completed the legal matters that was the main purpose of the visit due to time constraints on the part of my solicitor and will require to return to UK at the beginning of August 2016 for a further 10 days to complete our business and for my g/f to make a statement in the present of my solicitor.

Question: Is the current visitors visa good for only one visit and is cancelled on departure from UK or will we be able to make a second visit at the beginning of august providing we depart UK prior to 18 August 2016 or will we have to go through the visa application process again in order to be able to travel to he UK at the beginning of August 2016.

Many thanks

Unless there was a reason for limiting the number of entries her visa will be valid for multiple entries.

This is indicated by the word "Mult" appearing on the visa.

If the number of entries is restricted, then instead of this there will be a number indicating how many entries the visa is valid for.

But; her visa expires on 18th August, so she must leave the UK on or before that date or she will be in the UK illegally. Will you have the time to complete the necessary?

If not, maybe better to apply for a second visa, explaining in that application why it is required.