Vet needed urgent

northernjohn

I have a friend who has a small dog one of those people carry around.

It is 17 years old, blind, deaf, has a brain tumor and has had two strokes and he can not find a vet to put it down.

Can any one help him. I don't think he is able to do it himself. Maybe he was hoping it would g into a coma or some thing.

This is a dread for anyone owning a dog getting on in years.

I hope your friend is successful and if so please post the outcome.

You are very correct in what you say. Many older people are very attached to their animals.

My friend found a solution. Another friend of are's has some super strong pain killers. It is eating my friend alive.

He has told me that he will be calling me quite a bit tomorrow.

I was going to ask the Mods to shut this down but I decided maybe it will help some people plan ahead.

It can be difficult to find a place to perform animal euthanasia due to Buddhist belief. May be even more difficult with the new animal abuse laws in place as they are a bit 'too flexible' in interpretation. Here is an old topic to look at where it is mentioned that Ban Mha ka Meaw may perform it if the circumstances dictate it as determined by the doctor.

@uptheos - Quote from Nienke in that topic regarding Ban Mah Ka Meaw "They do euthanize pets, but only when treatment doesn't work anymore and the dog is suffering. They also will go to people's houses."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/395907-pet-euthanasia-in-cm/#entry3865062

It can be difficult to find a place to perform animal euthanasia due to Buddhist belief. May be even more difficult with the new animal abuse laws in place as they are a bit 'too flexible' in interpretation. Here is an old topic to look at where it is mentioned that Ban Mha ka Meaw may perform it if the circumstances dictate it as determined by the doctor.

Quote from Nienke in that topic regarding Ban Mah Ka Meaw "They do euthanize pets, but only when treatment doesn't work anymore and the dog is suffering. They also will go to people's houses."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/395907-pet-euthanasia-in-cm/#entry3865062

I was absolutely told by Dr.Chakkrit Chittawisutthi that they will put a dog to sleep if the animal is in suffering and there is 100% no hope.

They will absolutely not put a dog down.

I know Dr Orn usa personally and she is adamant.

I think it`s a matter of how sick the dog is. Let the OP try and see what happens.

You are correct My friend tried and it still left the dog breathing. Last night on the phone I could hear the dog whinnying constantly in the back ground this morning he was given two of the pills and continued to cry. My friend took him back to the vet and as I type now is putting him down. Yesterday my friend had seen this vet along with five other vets who all would not put him down.

The poor man is a wreck. He now has one left that is 16 and has been with the other one all his life.

Archived