Thinking of relocating to Phuket. How busy is the immigration office there?

alexpoker

hey there,

Currently living in CM, but bored after being here for 5 years. Just wondering while Im looking at condos, how busy is Phuket immigration? CNX immigration is a nightmare and the way they handle applications is extremely wasteful time-wise.

Also wondering if there are any language schools in Phuket so I can start a new ED visa.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Edited by alexpoker

note that we also have an immigration office in Patong.

Patong still wants copies of your passport for the 90 days report, while Phuket City has done away with this antiquated nonsense.

well f@#K that, i will do an extra 30 minute drive each way so i don't need give them a copy i can print out at homethumbsup.gif

note that we also have an immigration office in Patong.

Patong still wants copies of your passport for the 90 days report, while Phuket City has done away with this antiquated nonsense.

well f@#K that, i will do an extra 30 minute drive each way so i don't need give them a copy i can print out at homethumbsup.gif

Stop bickering with each other.

Edited by Sooo Upto Me

To answer your question:

Phuket has 2 immigration offices - a large one in Phuket Town and a small one in Patong. During the high season in January to early April, Phuket Town immigration gets very busy, with hundreds of people around. Still, they usually handle it quite efficiently. During the rest of the year it's relatively quiet and you're in and out within a few minutes.

Patong is small and largely unknown by most, so it is always quick in and out at most times of the year. The bottleneck at Patong is getting photocopies of your passport and mugshots, so bring those with you and you'll be straight in and out at all times of the year. Note: Patong handle only basics such as 90-day report, tourist visa extension and certificates of residence.

If you are planning to be on an ED Visa you can only deal with this and get extensions at Phuket Town.

I am surprised at the state of the immigration office being your main concern. Maybe jump on a flight one weekend and check out some of the sights before upping sticks and moving all the way across the country. There is something for everyone here, from stunning beaches and scenery to super-crazy nights on the town. But everyone is different so it's what you think of the place that matters.

I know a really good language school in central Phuket. Pm me for details.

Just a question that im curious about . After 5 years you can still obtain (another Ed Visa) .

Didn't immigration clamp down on this before ???

Yes , yes , yes I know TIT but <deleted> .

Yes they did clamp down on this .... we have lost a few guests who out played the ed visa.

PJ33 I just moved to Phuket too. I'm interested in a language school too, hopefully they have several positions smile.png

Then find a reputable school and make sure you attend class.

Immigration can sniff out those who try to abuse an Ed visa with practiced ease !