Krabi Visit 1st Week of May

stament

We are visiting Krabi with young children and are planning to stay in Ao Nang as a base for 3 nights in a normal hotel close to Ao Nang. The rationale is that its close to things and we can do day trips from there. On this point where would people recommend going on day trips? I've heard very good things about Railay Beach.

We then have another 2 nights and I was thinking more of a larger hotel or one that at least has a very nice pool preferably not too remote. If the place is on a very nice beach with no jelly fish etc and its nice and sandy then a big nice the pool wouldn't be much of a prerequisite. I was thinking perhaps of somewhere in Koh Lanta as this would be more to chill out.

The budget would be around 2000 baht per night for 3 rooms but we could go a nit higher if necessary.

Lastly, would we be better off hiring a large car of just getting public transport tuk tuks, minivans etc?

Any tips on trips, hotels, etc would be most welcome. We have currently booked into the Royal Nakara, Ao Nang as it seems to be quite central.

Royal Nakara is quite a nice hotel, not really central though, but only about 10 minute walk to the beach. But the road does not have good sidewalks so be careful with the children.

For a day trip I would suggest a 4 island tour. Most of the local tour company booths can sort it out for you. Depending on the children's ages snorkelling is great fun and the water is about 30 degrees.

If you can afford to rent a car then that's always the better way, driving from Krabi/Ao Nang to Lanta is easy and you get the option to see more in your trip. You can easily google hotel options on Lanta, they're pretty much all on the beach.

Can't help for hotels in Ao Nang (once again google is your friend) as I have my own place in Ao Nang, or rather I did but I've left now.

Asking about day trips at the hotel always works, but then again if you have a car you can be more adventurous, enjoy, Krabi is a beautiful province.

Just thought of one thing, if you're in Krabi town you can get a longtail trip round the mangroves in the Krabi river, surprisingly good, lots of wildlife and views, boats found right at the end of Utarakit Road before you get down to the pier.

stament, was at breakfast the other day and a buddie received a whatsapp text picture of a pal of his at Crown Lanta, he had a villa with it's own pool for 800thb a night !!!

Location is o.k., you're a hop skip from both Prae-Ae (4km beach) as well as stones throw to Saladan Town. If you have a little bigger money I like the Best Western Maya as now you are center of that same beach, sunset cocktails in the sand, fireshows, don't ever have to get out of your trunks.

Srisukant Resort for Ao Nang. Big pool, across the street from big beach, seafood restaurants, longtail pier for Railei and touring.

Archived