Johnny Depp's wife Amber Heard avoids jail in Australian dog smuggling spat

webfact

Funny!

'To further honour your proud island of exiled British degenerates' haha, love it! Most Aussies probably wouldn't see the humour as they're so far up themselves... but wait, exiled British degenerates also goes for USA too doesn't it? [emoji3]

The original video was superb; that Aussie politician (Joyce was it) mocking him for his 'performance' was so far out of his depth, he couldn't see Depp was taking the piss. A class act.

The apology video is hilarious.

I am so out of touch. I had no idea who either of these 'personalities' were when I saw the story. If he's an actor then I've missed all his films. coffee1.gif

He has won the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Actor in a Leading Role for Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003), and the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor - Motion Picture Musical or Comedy for Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007 film). He is also a three-time Academy Award nominee.

I bet introducing a never before seen disease brought in by his mutts and decimating the Australian native flora and fauna wouldn't look to good on his resume, regardless of how talented an actor he allegedly is.

Never mind the multi-billion agricultural industry.

People need to realise how unique Australia is and how they have learned the hard way about introduced diseases and pests - think rabbits and cane toads as two examples.

No I didn't want to see the dogs put down. I wanted to see Americans obey Australian laws when visiting the country and not spitting in the face of locals.

I'm sure that you accurately and truthfully fill in the questions on the form about whether you've been traipsing around farm land, so they can hold you up to swab your shoes and clothes looking for vermin (yes, those hiking boots in your luggage that you were wearing when you crossed that pasture on holiday- as required by law). And that you've never snuck a few crumbs of food off the plane under the radar- food that the law says you have to declare, under severe penalties?

No I didn't want to see the dogs put down. I wanted to see Americans obey Australian laws when visiting the country and not spitting in the face of locals.

I'm sure that you accurately and truthfully fill in the questions on the form about whether you've been traipsing around farm land, so they can hold you up to swab your shoes and clothes looking for vermin (yes, those hiking boots in your luggage that you were wearing when you crossed that pasture on holiday- as required by law). And that you've never snuck a few crumbs of food off the plane under the radar- food that the law says you have to declare, under severe penalties?

Yes you are quite correct I declare everything, nasal spray, vitamins. My wife brings in thai foodstuffs, everything declared and when they look at our cards they ask what we have and then it's straight through. Those that say they have absolutely nothing normally get held up and fall foul. With my job I can't afford to fall foul of the law and as such I do things straight down the line and can hold my head high. Edited by Thechook