Butuan P.I. Return

baansgr

I am planning a visit to see an old friend that lives in Butuan, asked him but as he never travels to Thailand he didn't have a clue.

I have done a quick search on Cebu air and flights come in approx. 15,000 Baht return, however if I book BKK-Manila, then Manila Bangasi its approx. only 11,000 Baht.

A few questions, firstly will be in Krabi, is it better to fly from Phuket, if booking tickets seperatly is there any disadvantage or advantage apart from being cheaper.

Anyone that has done this route I appreciate your experiences and advice on the options available

Looking at going middle of May but dates are very flexible

I have done the Bangkok to Manila and return many times with follow-on flights to Butuan, Cebu, Bohol, and Dumaguete. In each case, it was cheaper to book the domestic P.I. flights separately. This was the case even when I used Cebu Pacific Bangkok/Manila and used CP for the domestic leg. For instance, Bangkok/Manila R/T, the Manila/Butuan R/T.

Laceman, thanks for the reply. I have been looking allday and it seems that as you say book to Manila and then Bhutuan seperatly, saves almost 5,000 Baht. The flight arrives Manila 04.55 and a connecting at 0 5.30 but 0740 I assume is enough time. Coming back is similar, not much waiting. Never been befor but heard Manila airport is manic. as it is an internal flight, am I correct in thinking that I will go through immigration at Bhutuan, so just follow signs for connecting flights. I will only have carry on baggage so no reclaim to worry about. This is Cebu Air

Malaysia Airlines has a promotion at the moment, and a very competitive fare to MNL from HKT via KUL. 30KG of free lugagge included and a meal/sandwich (and WIIIIINE in Y-class!).

From MNL I would book a separate flight to Butuan on Cebu Pacific (don't forget to add luggage).

I did a test inquiry as below:

post-43883-0-36304000-1461172786_thumb.p

post-43883-0-93988500-1461173287_thumb.p

Edited by siam2007