Frustration boils over at rare, brief protest

webfact

Frustration Boils Over at Rare, Brief Protest
By Todd Ruiz and Pravit Rojanaphruk

14610701971461070357l.jpg
Several protest leaders are taken away in a police truck at about 6pm on Tuesday at the Victory Monument in Bangkok.

BANGKOK – Security forces surgically removed several activist leaders gathered at Victory Monument this evening, effectively nipping a planned protest in the bud.

Protesters, many wearing white T-shirts, had melded into the busy crowd of rush-hour commuters Tuesday but were apparently left without a clear plan of action after at least four organizers were whisked away by police.

Source: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1461070197&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-04-20

I wish that they would arrest these opposition leaders and detain them in another province - Isaan for instance.

Then "Bangkokians" would be free of all this demontration and burning and unrest - and could go on with our lifes.

They were arrested and their only crime is having an opinion they didn't burn or destroy anything.

There requires a lot of pre planning , secret meeting places , coded messages and a instantaneous crowd of at least a hundred thousand to beat Prayut-O mob of paranoid spiffs, it might be a good idea to leave it to the professionals , the Students, they seem to have a good track record against the military........................coffee1.gif

There requires a lot of pre planning , secret meeting places , coded messages and a instantaneous crowd of at least a hundred thousand to beat Prayut-O mob of paranoid spiffs, it might be a good idea to leave it to the professionals , the Students, they seem to have a good track record against the military........................coffee1.gif

The Thai students are the bravest of the brave. They are well educated and will not be fooled. If this constitution is fair and good for thailand, they will certainly fight to defend it.

However, if it puts this country in danger of going back to a time when they had no freedoms,

They will fight bravely and as always peacefully.

Voices verses guns.

I wish that they would arrest these opposition leaders and detain them in another province - Isaan for instance.

Then "Bangkokians" would be free of all this demontration and burning and unrest - and could go on with our lifes.

They were arrested and their only crime is having an opinion they didn't burn or destroy anything.

Not this time ...

But they did attempt to organise a protest, and you can't expect Bangkok-residents to simply forget what happened in 2010, can you ?

This government reaction, or over-reaction as some might well argue, has to be seen in that context.

The Thai students are the bravest of the brave. They are well educated and will not be fooled. If this constitution is fair and good for thailand, they will certainly fight to defend it.

However, if it puts this country in danger of going back to a time when they had no freedoms,

Voices verses guns.

I'm not sure which is the more oxymoronic, fighting peacefully or well educated Thai students. It seems your agenda sets your attitude.

Voices verses guns.

Sadly, Thai students are some of the least well educated on the planet.

I've employed a ton of graduates here and apart from 1 or 2 from Chula, the only ones with I didn't have to start from scratch with were those that had done bachelors/masters overseas.

I think before you call them brave, you should find out who is leading them to protest. If it's just another red/yellow politician desperate to line their own pockets, I'd put these students in the "dumb as a bag of rocks" category, rather than the brave one.

I'm sorry the continuing struggle of ordinary Thai people against the military elite who topple elected governments whenever they feel like it has inconvenienced so many of the good folk of the TV forum.

Voices verses guns.

I've employed a ton of graduates here and apart from 1 or 2 from Chula, the only ones with I didn't have to start from scratch with were those that had done bachelors/masters overseas.

I think before you call them brave, you should find out who is leading them to protest. If it's just another red/yellow politician desperate to line their own pockets, I'd put these students in the "dumb as a bag of rocks" category, rather than the brave one.

Your last paragraph is misleading and vile. You clearly forget 1973 and 1976, not to mention Black May, 1992. You also forget the current student leaders being held by this govt for expressing a dissenting view, and there is not the slightest hint of a political agenda - just a social agenda. Get real.

Oh, you poor, poor thing! Have the mean students interfered with your daily life? Shoot the lot of them I say!

Voices verses guns.

I'm not sure which is the more oxymoronic, fighting peacefully or well educated Thai students. It seems your agenda sets your attitude.

And your point is (except from lamely trying to discredit the brave students)?

Not this time ...

But they did attempt to organise a protest, and you can't expect Bangkok-residents to simply forget what happened in 2010, can you ?

This government reaction, or over-reaction as some might well argue, has to be seen in that context.

You think the participants in this protest all came from Isaan, and all Bangkok people agree with the charter and the way Thailand is ruled the past 2 years?

I have heard of no protest marches in Southern Thailand...

Much too busy making motorcycle bombs...while the rest to the country is concerned over the price of lotto tickets...

That's right! If they'd done that with Suthep and friends in 2013 Thailand wouldn't be in its current mess.

Not this time ...

You think the participants in this protest all came from Isaan, and all Bangkok people agree with the charter and the way Thailand is ruled the past 2 years?

No, and nor did I say anything like that, did I ? wink.png

I was responding to a relatively-new poster, who thought that the protesters should be applauded, merely because "they didn't burn or destroy anything".

Let's face it, this protest was arranged to 'test the water', and see how much support there might be following Wattana's re-detention, and how the government might respond to a demo which was way beyond what is currently permitted.

Thankfully it all went relatively peacefully, despite the possibility of violence, and this must have disappointed those TV-posters who seem to view this as almost the start of a revolution ?

27/4/16

***Breaking News***

More arrests were just made at Victory Monument, when people started protesting in groups, one after the other:

Dozens including HR lawyer Anon Nampa+ Pansak Srithep(whose son was killed in May 2010) etc were arrested.

At least 16 were arrested at #BangkokVictory Monument while demanding release of 10 detained h FB comments mocking #Thailand junta chief.

Edited by Wilsonandson

These protesters should be thrown in jail forever. How dare anyone mock a perfect leader like Prayuth, who has shone the light of His wisdom and has bestowed upon us serfs such a voluminous list of achievements? The sun comes out from behind a cloud whenever He bends over, I say.

Are you Thai? If not, what is you country of origin?

Voices verses guns.

Your last paragraph is misleading and vile. You clearly forget 1973 and 1976, not to mention Black May, 1992. You also forget the current student leaders being held by this govt for expressing a dissenting view, and there is not the slightest hint of a political agenda - just a social agenda. Get real.

That's right. They now face 10 years in prison. Or a stint at the local barracks.

Call them what you like.

Don't dare to say they are not brave.