Private Detective

girluk77

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a private detective. I'm not looking to dish the dirt on a boyfriend or girlfriend, just find out some information about family relations which, as a non-Thai, I'm having difficulty trying to find out myself.

Wasting your time

If you've got these thoughts in your head that's something or someone isn't right then you're probably not wrong

Save your money & finish

All you'll be doing is what thousands of other farangs did /are doing & trying to make excuses so you believe all is ok

Walk away

Save money & your dignity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I think you are leaving yourself wide-open by attempting this from another country.

The best method would be to visit and at least get an impression of who and what you are dealing with, and you would be on hand for results (if any) to follow up on.

The other side of the world is not a good way to deal with any Thai organisation/person etc (IMHO) and unless you speak good Thai it could quickly become a money pit with lots of promises and little else.

I dont think this is the best way forward.

I wish you good luck with your search.

Personally I think you are leaving yourself wide-open by attempting this from another country.

The best method would be to visit and at least get an impression of who and what you are dealing with, and you would be on hand for results (if any) to follow up on.

The other side of the world is not a good way to deal with any Thai organisation/person etc (IMHO) and unless you speak good Thai it could quickly become a money pit with lots of promises and little else.

I dont think this is the best way forward.

I wish you good luck with your search.

This is good advice, however, even coming to Thailand to try find out the information for myself would be difficult as I would not know where to start and I will have 2 young children in tow. I have limited details to go on, however I believe someone with more knowledge would be able to find things out for me, hence, why I'm asking for recommendations for a PI.

If you had read my original post, I do state that it is not in regards to a relationship I am in. I am trying to find out information about blood relations in Thailand.

Yep, I did read it

So my comments still stand

You've something on your mind about them & whatever that is your probably not wrong

You say a blood relative

Of yours?

If so how are they going to be found if farang?

That's gonna cost

...it's ..... 'us and them'.......if you haven't noticed....and we are greatly outnumbered......

..and truth has no bearing.....you will only ever get a variation of it at best....

...and like a few members said....'You are only setting yourself up'....

..ready to 'dish out the dough'....you seem like 'a good mark'.....

...forget honor.....etc.....

.....good=dumb......lies & deceit=smart...

...live with it....or walk away....or run....

Having owned a Private Investigation Agency in America for 25 years, I offer the following information.

If you suspect something is not right, most of the time your gut feeling is right.

In most foreign countries, Private Investigations are very limited because of strick laws, lack of public records on data bases available to the public.

Language translations creates problems.

I'm not familiar with Thai Private Investigation law. Most Thai Lawyers that I have met allege to be lawyers, but could never show me any legal, official documentation sporting their allegation. In fact when I asked two to see their license or wallet ID they got angry and asked me to leave their office. What surprised me was their offices had very sophisticated websites that advertise legal services in Bangkok. In my opinion, the lawyers were nothing more than paralegals that probably worked for someone behind the scenes that was a licensed attorney.

I'm sure you would have a similar problem trying to find a licensed P.I.

Never use an unlicensed P.I.

Another option would be to hire a off duty Thai Policeman/woman/Dectective with a minimum of 10 years on the force working in the area of your concern. Offer to pay for his/her time.

He/she could go into the neighborhood without attracting too much attention and ask questions or even call the family on the phone and if legal use a pretext to secure information.

You might consider calling the Thai Police and ask questions about Private Investigation, laws, procedures and they may even suggest and recommend an off duty detective that could use extra money.

Good luck and I hope all works out for you in a positive way.

As already stated you will waste valuable time and money,you will never get the info,but you will get plenty of BS and perhaps this and perhaps that and i believe this and that but I need more expenses to get around,believe me this would go on and in the meantime you will begin to believe the pI is very close to what you need,then the plan will change and change and change.Come to the area yourself and keep a low profile,and as the previous person said,try to hire an X policeman,you would be much better off.It will cost you but not nearly as much as the PI with no results.Good luck to you anyway.

Not really getting your question answered, I don't know if this is of any help either but it was just my experience. After I moved to Thailand a friend asked me if I could find a PD to check out his girlfriend, I looked up the "Classifieds" on some websites in the usual places like this one for example "TV Classifieds" and it's close rival, found one no problem and he went to work on the situation. (It was funny really, the lady in question spotted a man following her about the place, outside work and shops etc., and reported him to the police.... thought he was a stalker). Anyway, that's all I can offer.

P.S. My friend and his wife (same lady) have been happily married for about 13 years now and both live very happily back in my home country.