Fisheries Department chief axed by S44

webfact

Fisheries Department chief axed by S44

490_S44-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha has invoked Section 44 of the interim constitution to order the removal of Mr Wimon Chanthararothai, director-general of Fisheries Department, effective as of today (Wednesday).

Mr Wimon was transferred to the Office of the Prime Minister as a special inspector-general which is considered as an inactive post and his deputy, Mr Adisorn Promthep, was appointed the new Fisheries Department director-general.

The transfer order only specified that Mr Wimon’s removal was for the sake of suitability and to facilitate effective reform at the Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/160292

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-04-20

You can get the inactive post job in the USA too. I seen a program on 60 minutes a few years back where underperforming teachers had to report to the inactive post room because the unions made it too difficult for schools to fire them. They played cards, read books etc while being paid.

Very few in the public service can be fired........so, inactive posts are the only answer that they can fall back on..........the loss of face for the culprit(?) is quite quite offensive for the person and their acquaintances......so to fire someone needs a very serious offence........and corruption is not regarded as such.

Edited by ChrisY1

His deputy was promoted.

In some management models, stuff is delegated to the deputy. If that happened here, and still nothing got done, then its not going to change unless the ex-deputy has a better deputy than he was......If you see what I mean.

Oh so he does sometimes use S44 then. Why isn't it being used on the desperately needing of a clear out police force?

Don't worry. That is a rhetorical question.

Or to clear nepotism out of the army?

I really want to know what people do all day at inactive posts, and how much does it pay?

Sounds like a dream job to me. All you got to do is screw up big time and off to easy street.

And for the deputies in waiting: they know they are just one major back-stab away from getting the top job.

The Associated Press team that reported on slavery in the Southeast Asian fishing industry, and traced some of that directly into Thailand, just got a Pulitzer Prize.

It wouldn't hurt to have another close look.

Greenspeace is looking nowthumbsup.gif

Greenpeace is calling on Thai Union to put in place strict, comprehensive, and transparent procurement standards across all of its supply chains that guarantee, through third party verification, that all of the seafood it uses is free from human rights and labour abuses.

http://www.greenpeace.org/international/en/press/releases/2016/Greenpeace-ship-Esperanza-targets-Thai-Unions-destructive-fishing-in-Indian-Ocean/

The truth the inactive posts are not that good. You can't get your hands on the big money, all you have is your salary. So it is a punishment.

I seen a program on 60 minutes - -- really no kidding, maybe you can take grammar lessons from them for free biggrin.png In our city the only unions with any pull are the police and firefighters, seems the right wing cons attack every other union but leave these two alone Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I really want to know what people do all day at inactive posts, and how much does it pay?

Sounds like a dream job to me. All you got to do is screw up big time and off to easy street.

Inactive post means only regular salary and no bribes.... no official can survive with their regular income...

Here's a sample of what some do whether in inactive posts or not.

post-9891-0-89941200-1461164031_thumb.jp

The inactive position is simple really, just sit back on full salary and do nothing. However if one happens to be in support of the opposition, they will do a "Yingluck" on you and drag you mercilessly through the courts.

I never knew there was a fisheries Department here. I've never seen a fisheries officer anywhere. And everywhere in Thailand, all the trawlers use 2" mesh fishing nets. Which catch all the small fish and hence there are no edible size fish left in the Gulf of Thailand and most of the Andaman sea. In all other countries, the maximum mesh size of fishing nets is 6 inches . This allows small fish to swim through and eventually become larger. in Phuket , the fish have all been dynamited out of existence.

If there is a fisheries department here, they have done absolutely nothing.

I never knew there was a fisheries Department here. I've never seen a fisheries officer anywhere. And everywhere in Thailand, all the trawlers use 2" mesh fishing nets. Which catch all the small fish and hence there are no edible size fish left in the Gulf of Thailand and most of the Andaman sea. In all other countries, the maximum mesh size of fishing nets is 6 inches . This allows small fish to swim through and eventually become larger. in Phuket , the fish have all been dynamited out of existence.

If there is a fisheries department here, they have done absolutely nothing.

Well to be fair that probably applies to most of the government and definitely applies to the RTP and RTA. Pretty good at it too.

Besides, he's probably got another nephew he wants to help out... all perfectly legal and above board of course.

Edited by Winniedapu

The problem is they are inactive/ineffectual before they are transferred. The question is

can they find someone who is capable to replace him. If not you may as well save yourself

the salary. No use replacing one bozo with another. tongue.png

The problem is they are inactive/ineffectual before they are transferred. The question is

can they find someone who is capable to replace him. If not you may as well save yourself

<deleted duplicate post - oops>

Edited by Winniedapu

Oh I don't know... might get a few extra points on the kickbacks from the new guy...

Besides, only Thais can work for the Thai government, its one of the restricted professions. So avoiding bozos completely might be a bit tricky.

The Associated Press team that reported on slavery in the Southeast Asian fishing industry, and traced some of that directly into Thailand, just got a Pulitzer Prize.

It wouldn't hurt to have another close look.

Greenspeace is looking nowthumbsup.gif

Greenpeace is calling on Thai Union to put in place strict, comprehensive, and transparent procurement standards across all of its supply chains that guarantee, through third party verification, that all of the seafood it uses is free from human rights and labour abuses.

http://www.greenpeace.org/international/en/press/releases/2016/Greenpeace-ship-Esperanza-targets-Thai-Unions-destructive-fishing-in-Indian-Ocean/

I think Thai Union is ahead of the game line on this one, they're buying an American pet food company to avoid what I hear they believe are the inevitable sanctions. Always assuming Obama is thick enough to let them get away with it of course. Which is not completely certain...

Actually it just means that they will not be in position to steal as much as if on an active post.This may reduce their income by at least one Mercedes in the family.