Condo Insurance. For contents.

Obviously the annual service fees cover what they cover, but I am renting out a unit and I would like to have a private content's insurance.

Covering, not much really, value of furniture and fittings and appliances etc. Total value maybe 300,000 baht.

Any recommendations or experience?

Thanks.

I'm insuring my condo content for theft, fire and flood sum insured 1 million, cost of cover B. 4,500

That seems quite high. Most insurance companies here seem to be around 2.5kB per million Baht of cover, and this is negotiable for group cover.

Condo Building Insurance is exactly that.... Building insurance. It will also cover common areas. It doesn't cover contents in co-owners units.

to the OP make sure 3rd party liability is included in case an issue in your unit (maybe a broken water pipe) causes damage to other units in the building.

When looked at Contents insurance I soon realised that under any foreseeable circumstance of loss I was not covered.

i.e.

- Security or Condo Staff entering my Condo and Robbing it - Not covered.

- Maid Robbing me - not covered.

- Valuables Damage (i.e. expensive watches) - Only covered if Damage occurs in the apartment.

I pretty much gave up on Insuring my personal belongings after that.

Suggest that you check out the condo building insurance

You may find that all your needs are already covered

In my experience the condo building insurance only covers the building structure, common areas and civil liability. It certainly only covers this in my building and there is no way that ours would ever pay out for loss or damage to contents, unless perhaps these were damaged by a water leak from common areas. It certainly does not pay out in cases of theft or fire or water damage from other units above.

I do know of a couple of buildings that have taken out group contents cover from the common fee, and of course this would be applicable and should be checked.

Edited by KittenKong

When looked at Contents insurance I soon realised that under any foreseeable circumstance of loss I was not covered.

i.e.

- Security or Condo Staff entering my Condo and Robbing it - Not covered.

- Maid Robbing me - not covered.

- Valuables Damage (i.e. expensive watches) - Only covered if Damage occurs in the apartment.

I pretty much gave up on Insuring my personal belongings after that.

I think that the main reason for having contents insurance is to cover possible loss and damage from water leaks coming from above, or damage caused by your plumbing to the unit below yours. Yes, in theory the owner of the higher unit is responsible but if no one knows who or where he is then you might wait forever to get your repairs done. Other fairly likely events might be electrical damage.

The idea of building staff entering my unit had never occurred to me, and I dont have a maid. I think I would be more concerned about people from next door climbing over the balcony (though I dont lose any sleep over this possibility either), especially when these could be "working persons of the night".

Condo Building Insurance is exactly that.... Building insurance. It will also cover common areas. It doesn't cover contents in co-owners units.

to the OP make sure 3rd party liability is included in case an issue in your unit (maybe a broken water pipe) causes damage to other units in the building.

The Condo Building Insurance in the condo where I live covers everything

No need for separate cover