"Ladies" of the night break German's nose in Jomtien robbery

webfact

4,000 Baht was taken from his wallet ? Never heard of a thieft that would take the time to go through someones wallet then give it back to them. Normally they would just take the wallet and run.

Sounds like he didn't pay them enough and they just took what they thought they were owed.

The Pattaya One story says from his pockets

"When the German woke up he found his pockets had been rifled and 4,000 baht stolen."

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drunk or not, the authorities had better do something about these " girls" and the rest of them ! Jomtien is getting a bit dangerous, and not only late at night. I was approached just after the night market by two " girls" one who actually put his arm out to touch a little silver chain I have around my neck ( I'm a lady). Not being naive I moved back quickly and walked on the road around them . I've seen them since approaching tourists walking to and from the market. Then another couple at the pool warned me , saying these girls had tried to rob them the night before. They are obviously not afraid , it's a shame the police do nothing to get rid of them as the situation will only become worse. Another problem are the cars and pick ups blasting out music on the beach side of the road, spoiling the restaurant patrons evenings ! How is this allowed ? ( stupid question)

Just another victim of Mr Alcohol . If he had stayed home after heavy drinking until 2 am this would never have happened. Jomtien at night is a pretty safe area normally ,

Alcohol is legal. Alcohol is a key component for beatings and robberies. Rich people make billions of baht on alcohol. Legislators, cops and army brass drink the stuff.

Pot is illegal. Beatings and robberies don't happen by people stoned on pot. Rich people don't make money from pot. Legislators, cops and army brass don't smoke the stuff.

Connect the dots.

Just another victim of Mr Alcohol . If he had stayed home after heavy drinking until 2 am this would never have happened. Jomtien at night is a pretty safe area normally ,

Alcohol is legal. Alcohol is a key component for beatings and robberies. Rich people make billions of baht on alcohol. Legislators, cops and army brass drink the stuff.

Pot is illegal. Beatings and robberies don't happen by people stoned on pot. Rich people don't make money from pot. Legislators, cops and army brass don't smoke the stuff.

Connect the dots.

Stay on topic, and I'll "connect the dots". Deal? thumbsup.gif

Pattaya police surely know who the buttplugs are. They arrest them often, but always let them off with a smirk, some giggles and a tepid warning. If cops there were doing their jobs, there would be less scum on the streets.

A Thai told me, the cops really don't like farangs and they will let the perps go for 50Bt.

Pattaya police surely know who the buttplugs are. They arrest them often, but always let them off with a smirk, some giggles and a tepid warning. If cops there were doing their jobs, there would be less scum on the streets.

A Thai told me, the cops really don't like farangs and they will let the perps go for 50Bt.

And why would they? Free-speech loving farangs go home and post their experiences on social media, and expose them. It's humiliating now that videos trump the traditional denials, and they naturally don't care much for the ongoing global scorn & ridicule. It's all the farangs' fault for not keeping their mouths shut, which RTP regard as a character flaw. But never fear, the Deputy PM says they've changed and it's all better now.

Edited by hawker9000

Connect the dots.

What's off topic about mentioning alcohol, when alcohol is mentioned as part of the OP.

Better to be in the media with a smashed face than being pictured with a not so lady, lady.

The ribbing upon returning home from the latter would last a lifetime.

how true, putting up a good fight against superior odds =champ

getting groped up while half pissed and getting robbed by ladies of undetermined gender= loser.

Same old song and ain't no ladies just chicks with dicks.

It's self-evident nobody gives a toss that these thieving Trannys are patrolling the streets searching for victims. This scum will maim or kill with a certain flair knowing it will only end up in the media as a suicide by its Ferang victim. Nothing is being done to prevent or discourage this scourge of Thai society. Dressing up as a women is not just to be recognised as a transformation into a woman. It's merrily a disguise for pillage rape and plunder. Personally, I hate them finding them a danger to us foreigners and even Thais themselves.

They all want to be rounded up and stuck on an island for the sick and depraved. How long must people be assaulted or murdered or given involuntary flying lessons off balconies before the powers that be think enough is enough.

Just saying......

I am not a ladyboy fan but getting back to the root cause of all this, the RTP do not patrol, not in Pattaya, not on Bangkok, not anywhere in Thailand. Even the highway police cars spend most of their time parked up. Hence opportunist muggers, robbers, rapists, drug dealers' hookers and bad drivers can all operate without any real risk of getting caught. I am surprised they catch as many people as gets reported. Maybe if they actually performed like a police force and so many perps being arrested and banged up, there wouldn't be this fascination with "ladyboys kick drunk farang ass" stories. The media could focus on more serious crime reporting, like corruption busts and not this puerile, sensationalist crap that only feeds the inveterate Thai bashers and homophobes.

...and then I woke up.

Pattaya Thug life....... In the news again.

Yes sir, some of those "ladies" are very un-lady like.

You have to wonder what would have or could have happened had the man agreed to go to a room ( wherever ) with the 2 Ladies??...... and what would have or could have transpired inside the room.

Instead of a rock what would they have used to assault him and rob him.

Nasty business indeed.

I surmise the police will ( never ) get around to patrolling the beach walk in any meaningful way that would or could significantly reduce the amount of crime that does often happen along that beach walk area.

What to do...What to do??

Meantime this music video is posted for your enjoyment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCgRO4CCTEY

Cheers

Edited by gemguy

Considering the inebriated state he was in, it's just as likely he stumbled and fell on the uneven pavement and smashed his face...probably spent the 4000 baht drinking at said beer-bar.

Exactly right.

Thai ladyboys are world famous for their mugging and drugging of tourists. That's what they do, but in this case he must have fallen.

I spent 3 days near Soi. 5 in Jomtien. I found that the bars across the

street were open as late as 3AM with some very noisy Norweegins, pardon my spelling

partying and watching a sports game on the TV. I felt pretty safe in the day time and

only drank with a group so felt okay in the evening. I found that the crowd seemed a bit

more seedy after midnight, so I quit drinking and got sleep after the witching hour.

I guess this German guy should have bought his booze earlier and put it in his motel

fridge. Som Nom Nah, comes to mind ,for those who stay up way too late and get too drunk

and forget that they are in a foreign country, and not very far from Sin City Pattaya.

Just Saying!

Geezer

When I first came to Thailand 7 years ago I was told Jomtiem was the upmarket "in" place to be.....and live

In 6 years of living in Thailand (North of Pattaya) .......I have observed from news reports ....and on my 90 day trip to Jomtiem what a weird place it is.......full of "poofters" ......"ladyboys" .......And......various other "oddballs"

Upmarket????....."Do me a favour" ......don't insult my intelligence

As for this guy.....if you play with fire etc.etc......

Connect the dots.

What's off topic about mentioning alcohol, when alcohol is mentioned as part of the OP.

Any excuse for a make-pot-legal rant, right? Well here, connect THESE dots! http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/article24749413.html

Unless the LBs were drunk, this is about violent assault, not a case for legalizing grass. Being drunk doesn't mean you're just fair game for steroid-rage LBs.

Yours is a pathetic attempt to scapegoat a hapless foreigner of yet another obvious LB assault simply because he'd been drinking.

I have noticed some extreme type ladyboys trolling the Jomtien beach area till dawn, looking for holiday makers to rob.

I'm guessing this pack of 'criminals impersonating women' have been chased out of Pattaya for numerous offenses.

Easy to spot the troublemakers but the police are too lazy to put the hammer down on these freaks.

I have noticed some extreme type ladyboys trolling the Jomtien beach area till dawn, looking for holiday makers to rob.

I'm guessing this pack of 'criminals impersonating women' have been chased out of Pattaya for numerous offenses.

Easy to spot the troublemakers but the police are too lazy to put the hammer down on these freaks.

Possibly they were sent on their way with a stern warning from the police and moved on over to Jomtien.

But ...possibly they moved on over to Jomtien on their own because there was too much competition on the Pattaya board walk and decide the pickings might be better over in Jomtien area...if not, then "sleaze" on back over to the Pattaya area once again and chance getting caught out again....maybe.

Such is the "Thug Life" of a drug dependent Ladyboy living the Ladyboy fantasy life

Cheers

Edited by gemguy

Hey they not too lazy just non existent after midnight.

U will find them in their owned karaoke bars down 3rd road

When I first came to Thailand 7 years ago I was told Jomtiem was the upmarket "in" place to be.....and live

In 6 years of living in Thailand (North of Pattaya) .......I have observed from news reports ....and on my 90 day trip to Jomtiem what a weird place it is.......full of "poofters" ......"ladyboys" .......And......various other "oddballs"

Upmarket????....."Do me a favour" ......don't insult my intelligence

As for this guy.....if you play with fire etc.etc......

I have always found Jomtien very safe- but then I don't walk about in the early hours drunk as a skunk.

Where I live is certainly up market- the rents here would make most TV members faint. It's stunning.

Anyway I would suggest you employ an agent- very easy to do- so you are not exposed to the diversity of the human race- especially the dangerous poofters ( have not that term for years!) - just in case they tempt you into exploring your sexuality .

Better to be in the media with a smashed face than being pictured with a not so lady, lady.

The ribbing upon returning home from the latter would last a lifetime.

how true, putting up a good fight against superior odds =champ

getting groped up while half pissed and getting robbed by ladies of undetermined gender= loser.

Same old song and ain't no ladies just chicks with dicks.

It's self-evident nobody gives a toss that these thieving Trannys are patrolling the streets searching for victims. This scum will maim or kill with a certain flair knowing it will only end up in the media as a suicide by its Ferang victim. Nothing is being done to prevent or discourage this scourge of Thai society. Dressing up as a women is not just to be recognised as a transformation into a woman. It's merrily a disguise for pillage rape and plunder. Personally, I hate them finding them a danger to us foreigners and even Thais themselves.

They all want to be rounded up and stuck on an island for the sick and depraved. How long must people be assaulted or murdered or given involuntary flying lessons off balconies before the powers that be think enough is enough.

Just saying......

its self evident that nobody gave a shit about the sexpats patrolling the streets of Thailand for decades.

Now it has become an occupational hazard.

Deal with it.

Edited by Mudcrab

I've been to Thailand 3 times spending as much as 2 months at a time. I stayed in the Jomtien Beach area, been to walking st, Nana, Soi Cowboy, Bangla rd, and I ask to inevitable rhetorical question: Why does anyone go to Thailand, to such places, without studying and familiarizing yourself with what goes on there and the risks one needs to be prepared to deal with? How about just talking to people who have been there? How about going online and reading or watching the stories? Well, rhetorical question means I already know the answer. Stupidity, naiveté, or a one track mind focused only on reveling and debauchery as if there is no risk whatsoever. And if nothing ese, DO NOT GET THAT DRUNK IN THAILAND EVER!!! Unless you are among trusted friends who can watch out for you. My opinion from my 60 years on this planet incIuding 15 years of alcoholism that getting that drunk has no purpose and can only impede your enjoyment of a night out no matter what happens. I drink a beer maybe at each place I visit, I drink slowly, I might do a shot with someone, but I am careful not to get drunk. carry law enforcement grade pepper spray and stay alert enough to see a potential threat before "she" knows I know. Being sober means I am not a good target. I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but even at home in the US, you know not to walk around in certain places while drunk. I live in a city and it's a total no brainer. But I feel sorry for these poor schmucks who learn the hard way. Now sometimes the devil in me kinda hopes someone will make me a target, I'd kinda like to see em take a facefull of pepper spray, and I could say "oohhhhh, I thought Thai people LIKED spicy, I gave you spicy, you like?" And if I were PARTICULARLY evil at the moment I might make sure the spray got at some particularly sensitive places. I wonder if Thai police would be interested in my being an undercover "deputy" and a decoy for this type of thing? It's widely done in the US, quite successfully. But it would only work if the punishment fit the crime, which it obviously doesn't. So, another lesson in the way Thailand does things. Nevermind.

Smashing someone's head with a rock is attempted murder. No?

One must intend death to charge murder. Intent must be proven.

That may be the case in law, but there is no excuse for hitting anyone in the head with a weapon

unless it is unprovoked self defence.

I've been to Thailand 3 times spending as much as 2 months at a time. I stayed in the Jomtien Beach area, been to walking st, Nana, Soi Cowboy, Bangla rd, and I ask to inevitable rhetorical question: Why does anyone go to Thailand, to such places, without studying and familiarizing yourself with what goes on there and the risks one needs to be prepared to deal with? How about just talking to people who have been there? How about going online and reading or watching the stories? Well, rhetorical question means I already know the answer. Stupidity, naiveté, or a one track mind focused only on reveling and debauchery as if there is no risk whatsoever. And if nothing ese, DO NOT GET THAT DRUNK IN THAILAND EVER!!! Unless you are among trusted friends who can watch out for you. My opinion from my 60 years on this planet incIuding 15 years of alcoholism that getting that drunk has no purpose and can only impede your enjoyment of a night out no matter what happens. I drink a beer maybe at each place I visit, I drink slowly, I might do a shot with someone, but I am careful not to get drunk. carry law enforcement grade pepper spray and stay alert enough to see a potential threat before "she" knows I know. Being sober means I am not a good target. I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but even at home in the US, you know not to walk around in certain places while drunk. I live in a city and it's a total no brainer. But I feel sorry for these poor schmucks who learn the hard way. Now sometimes the devil in me kinda hopes someone will make me a target, I'd kinda like to see em take a facefull of pepper spray, and I could say "oohhhhh, I thought Thai people LIKED spicy, I gave you spicy, you like?" And if I were PARTICULARLY evil at the moment I might make sure the spray got at some particularly sensitive places. I wonder if Thai police would be interested in my being an undercover "deputy" and a decoy for this type of thing? It's widely done in the US, quite successfully. But it would only work if the punishment fit the crime, which it obviously doesn't. So, another lesson in the way Thailand does things. Nevermind.

Sound advice. The only time I ended up in Pattaya jail at 2 A.M. with a huge head wound was because in reality, I should have STOPPED DRINKING AND GONE HOME about 6 hours earlier. That event at the ripe old age of 32 was my personal epiphany, eye-opener or attitude adjuster; take your pick. Suddenly I realized that I really didn't know bugger all about the country and town where I had been happily carousing for the previous 10 years of my desperately youthful, balls to the wall, bullet-proof, self-proclaimed residence in so-called 'paradise'. Two years after that, I pulled an Elvis and literally left the building, got my sh!t together and happily and easily avoided LOS for a whole 15 years.

Well into my second rodeo, after 10 years back here I consider that like in my professional life, I am renaissance man. Things like self-esteem, good friends and quality relationships matter a whole lot more than they did when I was vainly 'living the dream' in the 80's. Back then when I thought that the hotness of my new girlfriend or the depth of my hangover maketh the man.

But that doesn't prevent me sometimes from wanting another shot at the '80's....

To answer your question, about WHY people come to Thailand (or go anywhere) without reading up a little first, it's because they come from nanny states, where self-reliance and taking personal responsibility for one's choices are a thing of the past. In a downward-spiraling, ever more xenophobic place like Thailand, where any excuse to blame the foreigner will do, that's particularly risky.