PM Prayut calls for crack down on taxis going off-meter

webfact

I got refused from Sahmut Prakan , the taxi driver refused because he said he did not use meter, I took a picture of him and his Taxi cab number, Got a bit of abuse but i told him it was going to the police, seemed to get him agitated,

That's a very risky choice of response. You're lucky you got off that incident unscathed.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got refused from Sahmut Prakan , the taxi driver refused because he said he did not use meter, I took a picture of him and his Taxi cab number, Got a bit of abuse but i told him it was going to the police, seemed to get him agitated,

That's a very risky choice of response. You're lucky you got off that incident unscathed.

Why risky?

Why risky?

People have been hunted down, cornered and beaten up for such responses. Many posts on such experiences on the forums. My own friend was cornered by a gang of drivers for refusing to pay an unjustified fare. He eventually did.

It's tough at the top Mr. PM and all these heady issues of state.

Isn't it time to open a new bike lane somewhere ?

Or other easy stuff, like closing down some pubs, moving on some street vendors, etc.

Remember just after the coup the airport were cleared...for what? A few weeks?

And some nitwits on here actually think he's cleaning up the nation. This taxi scam can be seen as a microcosm of his failure.

Maybe I'm one of those 'nitwits', but would you mind telling me where the 'scam' is here? What scam? Fictitious Jet Ski damage is a 'scam', this is not.

Lucky its only a microcosm and not a macro one then, for an individual, independent Taxi driver operating on his own saying, "no meter, 900 baht", is not a scam in my book, it might be wrong, against the law even, but it is hardly a scam, in fact the cabbie is being totally and brutally up front about it. You are then presented with two options. Take it, or leave it. No scam.

Then again, might it occur to you that the good General may just be scapegoating the cabbies in order to gain brownie points.