CIMB preferred - airport lounge vouchers for 2016

What airport? What lounge? I noticed CIMB give you lots of AirAsia points on your savings, but that is only if you get the non-interest type...but if interest rates go much lower; that may be a better alternative. CIMB have pretty good rates, much better than BB, SCB, and usually very competitive with the others. I netted 14,800 in interest on a 13 month 500K FD a few months ago.

And, is it a lounge, lounge with open bar...or like the one Bangkok Airways runs with pumpkin chips, fake orange juice, and little kids running around in circles screaming at the tops of their lungs?

What is the requirement to become a preferred client? 3M Baht in investments/savings Etc.? I can not find on their homepage. Cheers!

1 million...and now that they are insuring it for much more than 1 million; it is something to think about. CIMB is the second largest bank in Malaysia....I think for overall rates/service/security; them and Krungsri are the best bets. CIMB only charge 100 for the letter to Immigration...worked like a charm.

and they have one of the best interest rates at the moment ;-)

if you don't want to do fixed deposits, they are likely the best bet, but CIMB can beat them on the FDs. I'm in the middle of a 5 month at 1.8% with CIMB.

I use what is called 'I Think' CIMB's speed saving account. I use it as a current account and have an ATM Card. The rate for 1M+ thb = hasn't been below, or above, 1.8% for many months. If you have preferred accounts with them you don't pay any annual fee for either your ATM or Credit card. Those fees are not much anyway but I just thought I'd mention it.

and they have one of the best interest rates at the moment ;-)

if you don't want to do fixed deposits, they are likely the best bet, but CIMB can beat them on the FDs. I'm in the middle of a 5 month at 1.8% with CIMB.

I use what is called 'I Think' CIMB's speed saving account. I use it as a current account and have an ATM Card. The rate for 1M+ thb = hasn't been below, or above, 1.8% for many months. If you have preferred accounts with them you don't pay any annual fee for either your ATM or Credit card. Those fees are not much anyway but I just thought I'd mention it.

considering that now a preferred 5 month is 1.7%; I doubt they are paying Speed Savings more than that...they have krept down..same with Krungsri..down to 1.6% on MaeTee Dae or whatever the f it's called.

I get 1.5% on my CIMB Speed Savings, on a "rainy day" balance of 100+kB. But any tax deducted from that is not reclaimable, so a TD would be better value even if it only offers the same rate.

I'm not too sure about that last comment ........... well for the majority of us anyway.

I have to hand CIMB Rates for February and March for CIMB's Speed Savings Account. Rates for both months were the same

0-99,999 ... 0.4%

100.000 to 1,000.000 ...1.5%

1,000,000+ ...1.8%

and I know that the April rate for 1M+ THB was also 1.8% I haven't seen the May rates yet.

TBH I'm not sure if any tax deducted from Speed Savings is reclaimable ... I am not in that fortunate situation for it to concern me. As far as I'm aware I actually get a straight 1.8% interest on the money every month. My rough calculation of the interest that I should have received came to within a few baht of the amount that I actually received.

Rough out a calculation of what interest you think you should have received against what you actually got ... sumXdaysX1.5%divided by 365 for each change of sum and add them up.

Interesting though ............

I get 1.5% on my CIMB Speed Savings, on a "rainy day" balance of 100+kB. But any tax deducted from that is not reclaimable, so a TD would be better value even if it only offers the same rate.

I'm not too sure about that last comment ........... well for the majority of us anyway.

I have to hand CIMB Rates for February and March for CIMB's Speed Savings Account. Rates for both months were the same

0-99,999 ... 0.4%

100.000 to 1,000.000 ...1.5%

1,000,000+ ...1.8%

and I know that the April rate for 1M+ THB was also 1.8% I haven't seen the May rates yet.

TBH I'm not sure if any tax deducted from Speed Savings is reclaimable ... I am not in that fortunate situation for it to concern me. As far as I'm aware I actually get a straight 1.8% interest on the money every month. My rough calculation of the interest that I should have received came to within a few baht of the amount that I actually received.

Rough out a calculation of what interest you think you should have received against what you actually got ... sumXdaysX1.5%divided by 365 for each change of sum and add them up.

Interesting though ............

The tax rebate is worth having for those who qualify. I got nearly enough to pay for my car insurance this year.

Any tax withheld on the speed savings account would not be reclaimable as it is a savings account and not a TD. But looking at my statement more closely it seems as though they dont withhold any tax on the interest on that account, at least for the relatively small amount I receive. I suspect that it may be like the Mae Tee Dai account on which they dont withhold tax until the total interest paid exceeds a minimum amount. Over the year at 1.8% on a large deposit one could start being taxed though.

I'm getting 2% for my CIMB TDs taken out a couple of months ago, so this easily beats the Speed Savings account.

Archived