Escape from smoke and heat

pstbkk

Hi! I'm living in Bangkok with my gf and we are planning to travel somewhere by car. Our first idea was to go to the mountains around Chiang Mai. Unfortunately there is still smoke in the air caused by idiots who burn the grass. We don't want to go to the beach, more likely mountains/national parks. Due to fact that it is not a season for waterfalls and smoke covers many parts of Thailand I have decided to ask other members for advices. If you have some experience or live in nice area on the north, please share wai.gif

Khao Yai is only 2 hours from Bangkok.

We have been there a few times already.. Now it is too hot and no waterfalls, so I'm looking for a place on higher altitude and without smoke... But I think as other member suggested I better wait for rain.

Just a correction here. Smoke is not due to "the idits who burn the grass".

1. The local authorities think it's ok to burn the miles of verges - full of plastic and other household waste - around the roads of the north. This produces dangerous toxins because the burning is done at under 1000 degrees.

2. THe Northern Thai Sports Authority think it's ok to burn their rubbish near schools and sports facilities. Once again tins of plastic is burnt causing dangerous toxins to clog our air.

3. Farmers think it's ok to clear their land/rice fields by burning not realising what damage they are doing both to their land as well as to the air.

4. The hill tribes burn the forest floor and always seem to have an excuse for so doing.

5. Successive governments have done nothing about it.

RESULT:

The 'haze' season of very poor quality and at times dangerous air, is getting longer and worse.

1. The local authorities think it's ok to burn the miles of verges - full of plastic and other household waste - around the roads of the north. This produces dangerous toxins because the burning is done at under 1000 degrees.

2. THe Northern Thai Sports Authority think it's ok to burn their rubbish near schools and sports facilities. Once again tins of plastic is burnt causing dangerous toxins to clog our air.

3. Farmers think it's ok to clear their land/rice fields by burning not realising what damage they are doing both to their land as well as to the air.

4. The hill tribes burn the forest floor and always seem to have an excuse for so doing.

RESULT:

The 'haze' season of very poor quality and at times dangerous air, is getting longer and worse.

I understand your explanation and I agree with you. I understand it is not only the grass.

However if we consider an idiot as a someone with low intelligence how else people in authorities, farmers etc who takes an action to burn the grass/rubbishes can be named?

It is clear for all of us I guess there is very little profit (rubbishes turns into ashes) with a lot of dangerous consequences (pollution, toxic smoke, destroyed nature)

Head up to Khao Khor in Phetchabun.

Once you leave Bangkok and pass Saraburi it's one of the easiest straightest roads you can drive.

There are lots of waterfalls,temples and fantastic view points to visit.

Phu Tab Berk near Lom Sak is nice and may afford some cooler weather,Nam Nao is worth a visit also.

Edited by stoneyboy

RESULT:

I understand your explanation and I agree with you. I understand it is not only the grass.

However if we consider an idiot as a someone with low intelligence how else people in authorities, farmers etc who takes an action to burn the grass/rubbishes can be named?

It is clear for all of us I guess there is very little profit (rubbishes turns into ashes) with a lot of dangerous consequences (pollution, toxic smoke, destroyed nature)

Not clear to all of us....particularity those who farm.....please expand...you'd rather starve??

Try Khao Sok National Park in Phang Nga province Just north of Phuket. Stay up in the 'Misty mountain' part for a day or two and then do a couple of days in the floating hotels on the reservoir. Cool in the mountains and on the lake step out of your front door for a swim. Lovely.

Try Khao Sok National Park in Phang Nga province Just north of Phuket. Stay up in the 'Misty mountain' part for a day or two and then do a couple of days in the floating hotels on the reservoir. Cool in the mountains and on the lake step out of your front door for a swim. Lovely.

We stayed in a floating hotel last April. Hotter than heck. No electric at night, so no fans. Hardly slept at all. But, it was a fantastic time.