Affordable cell phone repair service?

2road

Hi,

during songkran party my Samsung got wet and is now not turning on, even after 3 days "in the rice bag" as

many suggested me.

I was at Festival Tuesday and I didn't zip properly the plastic container and suddenly my phone started vibrating.

I stop, took battery out but mistakenly I used a hair dryer.

I asked Tukom service shops and they quoted me 2.000 baht to repair it. I wonder if someone know a place where

maybe I can get a cheaper phone repair service.

thank you

might be too late if the water had any conductive material ( salts, minerals) in it and the phone was powered up

last ditch effort would be to keep it off ( of if removable battery, take it out) rinse in disrtilled water several times and let it dry for several days

or if you can pull the case off, even better to rinse any mineral deposits out.

might be too late if the water had any conductive material ( salts, minerals) in it and the phone was powered up

last ditch effort would be to keep it off ( of if removable battery, take it out) rinse in disrtilled water several times and let it dry for several days

or if you can pull the case off, even better to rinse any mineral deposits out.

the water was the one pumped by the city trucks at central festival square,

is that salt water?

Dont believe stories about rice. It doesnt help at all. The idea is it dried the phone quicker, put it outside in the hot Thai sun is MUCH faster, or use a hair blower at lower heat. The residu of minerals left after the water dries will kill the phone in the long run. Here a blog post with some good info what to do when your phone is liquid damaged: http://www.drsmartphone.net/en/your-phone-got-water-damaged-what-now/

Edited by schietkop