Single Entry Tourist Visa at Hull Embassy

Has anyone had any recent experiencing obtaining this at Hull?

My nephew has decided last minute he wants to come so has booked a flight yesterday for a flight departing Monday evening and ideally needs to get his visa Monday morning from Hull.

According to the website it looks very simple, complete the form pay the £35 fee in cash and give then 2 photos and it gets issued the same day usually within one hour.

All sounds fantastic, just wondered though has anyone obtained one recently and is it as quick and simple as they suggest. I am assuming yes as whenever I have dealt with Hull in the past they've always been extremely efficient.

Thanks

• I've no recent experience with Hull but they did use to issue SETV's on the spot.
  • If he has a return flight dated within 30 days he could travel/enter using visa exempt entry (no visa).

---------------------------------

I have no recent experience with Hull, but received my first visa to Thailand from them in 2010.

I am a U.S. national, but got my first visa from them anyhow.

At that at that time me thy were very friendly and easy for visas.in October 2010.

Shortly after that however, they were severely criticized by the Thai government for being to easy and to lenient in issuing visas.

They became very hard and picky for visas....including requiring signed documents from relatives in Thailand in order to issue visas.

I do not know there situation at this time.....but before I assume getting a visa from them is now easy...I would contact them by telephone in order to establish there current situation regarding issuing visas.

Having been "once burnt, twice shy" the consulate in Hull may NOT any longer be the old friendly Thai consulate in Hull it once was

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Thanks tabby and all for the swift responses. Ordinarily I would call them but he told me late last night and he would need to go first thing Monday as his flight is in the evening. Brum website is down and I don't want to risk going there if they can't turn it around as quick.

I will advise him to drive to Hull first thing and then drive down to Brum later in the afternoon for his flight, Better to be safe than sorry.

Cheers all

A follow-up. It took my nephew just 20m to get his visa from Hull. Who says Hull's the worst place to live in the UK obviously doesn't know how good the embassy there is at issuing visas quickly ;-)

Not sure that this is true for non-O (as distinct from tourist) visas, though. As alluded to in post #3 the Hull Consulate had their knuckles rapped by the London Embassy a few years ago for being naughty boys on account of issuing such visas in circumstances which they should not have done, following which they tightened up on their procedures somewhat.

A follow-up. It took my nephew just 20m to get his visa from Hull. Who says Hull's the worst place to live in the UK obviously doesn't know how good the embassy there is at issuing visas quickly ;-)

Hull will gladly issue tourist visas. But they seem to be reluctant to issue other types of visas and set a higher bar to get them than what is required.

Hull do now issue non o based on marriage same day, but do require the bank statements stated on their website.

It was a requirement that any visa except the tourist had to be approved by the Thai embassy london before Hull could issue , however after speaking to Hull this is now not required.

FYI spoke to Hull consulatw in march